SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Quick update, I've done 3 difficulty settings for a turning pitch - Days 1/2, 3/4 and Day 5. The idea is that it gets progressively harder to bat as the match goes on, particularly against spin.

I simulated 4 tests between England and India at the default kolkata stadium - dusty, medium and fast wear (although nothing really changed visibly). I was pleased with the results.

All 4 tests were fairly low-scoring which as we saw earlier this year when England toured India is normal when it's a spinners paradise. The highest score was 350 by India in one of the tests with the lowest 115 for England. The run rate was never above 3.4 but generally was more 2.5-3.

I played about with the line ups to see if spin would still dominate if I only picked one spinner per side and generally the spinners still took plenty of wickets. I then chose 1 seamer/3 spinner attacks and it was nice to see the spinner opening the bowling as you'd often see in Asia. I generally found that by days 4/5 it was extremely difficult to face the spinner, with him looking like taking a wicket every ball.

For what it's worth I virtually copied the sliders in the spreadsheet at the start of this thread but made them a bit more extreme for the remaining days of the test.

Going to try and do a road now as sometimes you come acrosss 550 plays 500 in tests. Will update when I've done.

Dont_Blush_Baby

School Cricketer
Appreciate the sliders gents, thanks for all the work that has gone in so far?

Also, does anyone know if there is a still an issue with slider adjustments mid-game not taking effect? Doing some tinkering but results are not as expected.

Thanks for any responses.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Really struggling with this, even with wicket chance way down the AI scores are low. Quite a few under 200 and some even under 100.

Simming a test at the Gabba between Australia and England on hard dry pitch.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Good day guys. Just want to ask that are these sliders only for tests? Or can be applied to Odis and T20s as well.
If not can you please tell the changes that should be made?
Thankyou

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Great work on the sliders guys. However, do the sliders even work? I`m on the Xbox Series X, and cannot seem to notice any difference when I use the sliders. In particular, I`m looking at the Pace Visual Speed/Spin Visual Speed setting. Even setting it to a 100 doesn't seem to make any difference to how the speed feels visually. Currently testing it on the Ashes tour mode.

I also see that there is no way to choose the preset custom difficulty before going into a game. This is something that C19 definitely had. Any suggestions?
In game changes, I'm not sure. I've not played in a few days but this has been a known issue. From memory you need to make a slider change in the main menu, then go into a game for it to take effect.

Others will be able to verify if this is still the case tho.
On C19 I created difficulty settings for areas of the world for each day of a test. As well as one for ODIs and one for t20s. It doesn't take into account that different grounds produce different conditions in the same country.

So this time I'm going to create settings purely for a green top (days 1-5), a dead pitch, a turning pitch, a bouncy hard pitch etc and just adjust the settings so that it gets progressively difficult to bat on as the game progresses.
This may well be a direction we end up taking, depending on if it's discovered that pitch wear is or isn't a thing.

Great to hear you're already on with something tho!

Also, does anyone know if there is a still an issue with slider adjustments mid-game not taking effect? Doing some tinkering but results are not as expected.

Yeah, not sure on this one. I've been away from my PS4 during the holidays. @WealeyH may be your man to confirm either way.
Really struggling with this, even with wicket chance way down the AI scores are low. Quite a few under 200 and some even under 100.

Simming a test at the Gabba between Australia and England on hard dry pitch.
Could this be more of an issue with the sim engine than anything though? All the games were simmed, right? Still, I've not had much experience simming games so that's good info.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Good day guys. Just want to ask that are these sliders only for tests? Or can be applied to Odis and T20s as well.
If not can you please tell the changes that should be made?
Thankyou
These sliders have been used very little with white ball cricket, unless people have done it and not said here.

I'd imagine you may want to turn up things like shot force a bit, aggressive input power, and make things a bit more batter friendly by notching down some of the edge frequencies, but it's not really something that's been looked into as of yet.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
These sliders have been used very little with white ball cricket, unless people have done it and not said here.

I'd imagine you may want to turn up things like shot force a bit, aggressive input power, and make things a bit more batter friendly by notching down some of the edge frequencies, but it's not really something that's been looked into as of yet.
Thanks mate

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I honestly do not know.. I feel like sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. So I always set and restart. Or to be safe I play a game with the sliders set before even starting.

I’m not a big fan of tinkering mid game purely due to the nature of the game and how things pan out over a long long period. You may not see edges for 25 overs then get 6 in 10 overs etc.

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank you everyone for putting in so much effort to make the game somewhat playable. Without these sliders, I almost gave up playing red ball matches.

Quick question, what slider should be used while playing on Standard pitches irrespective of countries?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Thank you everyone for putting in so much effort to make the game somewhat playable. Without these sliders, I almost gave up playing red ball matches.

Quick question, what slider should be used while playing on Standard pitches irrespective of countries?

I would go with my Gabba ones.. as it simulates a pretty good deck. Potentially start it heavily cracked if your doing it in the sub continent and spin will reign supreme later in the match…

I recommend medium as well as I fee the bounce of hard produces some weirdness from the AI

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I consider this on topic.

As has been pointed out, player builds and attributes affect game play, and ultimately that's what we're here to sort out.

As an aside, I am a big American Football fan and regularly play the Madden series (though I haven't had the last few, TBF).

Madden, like most sports games, is slider heavy.

On the most recent version I owned, I followed a tip from a Reddit user to sim the career mode 25 years into the future, then play from that point.

It was like a different game. Absolutely incredible, realistic, and so many of the annoying traits and bugs from the gameplay just disappeared like magic.

Madden goes all in on player ratings, doing staged reveals before the game is even released. It really is bonkers. As such, too many players are 99ovr, 90+ ovr, have too many of the totally OTT player traits that break the game. That's what they use to catch the headlines and market, so they bloat them out as much as possible.

Sim 25 years into the future and all the existing players and their janky builds are retired. All the regens have much more normal attributes, far fewer own the game-breaking perks, and the game play was much better for it.

I really wouldn't be surprised if a number of C22's issues can be cured (or at the very least dialled back) just by altering the players being used.

Feels like another rabbit hole tho, we don't need more of those haha
I can really believe this.

Because I usually play with players I create (or at least skill) myself, I generally have a an atypical experience. I think in all BA games they’ve overpowered the players. Ive generally had less issues with AI run rate and tail end wagging in Ashes, c19etc.

In C22 because the day 1 game was so buggy I didn’t spend the same care in setting them up. I probably need to go over some of them better.

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would go with my Gabba ones.. as it simulates a pretty good deck. Potentially start it heavily cracked if your doing it in the sub continent and spin will reign supreme later in the match…

I recommend medium as well as I fee the bounce of hard produces some weirdness from the AI
Thanks. Gonna give that a trial and see how it pans out.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I can really believe this.

Because I usually play with players I create (or at least skill) myself, I generally have a an atypical experience. I think in all BA games they’ve overpowered the players. Ive generally had less issues with AI run rate and tail end wagging in Ashes, c19etc.

In C22 because the day 1 game was so buggy I didn’t spend the same care in setting them up. I probably need to go over some of them better.

To add to this in 19 I did an experiment where I made someone leg side shots comfortably their weakness.

And made someone else defense comfortably their weakness.

To my shock the guy got caught with a leading edge going to leg and the lad with the shit defense got bowled haha!

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Could this be more of an issue with the sim engine than anything though? All the games were simmed, right? Still, I've not had much experience simming games so that's good info.
Possibly yes, the sim engine probably takes no notice of the sliders. So out of interest I started a test at the Gabba, currently 65 overs into the day and have Australia 225/4 so that seems a bit more realistic.

Harris and Warner were both run out with the new fangled system which seems too easy to get run outs so now I don't throw it back until the batsmen are home.

I then took Smiths off stump out the ground with Archer after he hopped across his stumps. That was satisfying.

Then Head and Labuschagne put together a 100-run partnership before I finally got Marnus LBW with Stokes. It looked a touch high but it hitting on umpires call.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Appreciate the slideres gents, thanks for all the work that has gone in so far?

Hi Mate what i do is that i will start another game and that should be ok .

Users who are viewing this thread