SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

@Rumple43 we need a slider in the set for "amount of distraction caused by 11 year old kids playing on their Playstation five yards away when you are trying to concentrate on Ravi Ashwin working you over during batting" - because i can only assume mine is at 100 after that collapse that just ensued when i tried it...

Lesson duly learnt, after sinking from a comfy 56/1 when i started to when i had to end it before i slit my own wrists at 105/8, safe to say it wont be happening again.

Incredible work @Rumple43 and @WealeyH cannot wait to give these a bash!! I’ll be doing that as soon as I’ve finished this test I’m playing now.

some context, I’m currently using the grassy/medium sliders that you shared initially @Rumple43 and it’s been insightful.
Firstly, had a lot of fun batting initially. It was a real struggle. Only batting contribution of note was Burns with a 94. It was look pretty grim until a counter-attacking knock from Curran and Robinson. They put on about 60 between them. We ended up getting to 250.

In response, the Aussies were cruising for a while. I couldn’t get anything going for a while with the seamers. Partly due to user error, I bowled a lot of no-balls and just bowled poorly in general. Picked up a couple of wickets. Then the game turned on it’s head with Joe Root and Moeen Ali spin did the damage on a grassy/medium day 2 Adelaide pitch. That was very odd to be honest not sure what happened ‍♂️8EB4E00A-ADCB-4864-A5FA-F781FE967909.jpeg
One thing I noticed with those initial sliders was the bounce was too high for seamers. The bouncers were ineffective for me. I couldn’t seem to find a good length for one. Also had a lot of playing and missing in general for seamers.

Anyway here is the match situation:
FC4D585B-1FA6-4384-A80E-63D4CE5C6FA6.jpeg

I’ll take a look at the original sliders I used as a reference point and compare with what you have in the sheet and go from there once this match is over :) oh and I’ll share my final scorecard here should anything exciting happen.

Really hoping BA can pull their finger out and match the work you guys have put in because I don’t know about you guys but this game is still super buggy for me. Generally speaking the batting and bowling is okay but the fielding is atrocious. So so buggy. Anyway rant over this isn’t helping anyone.

I’ll be in touch gang once I’ve had an opportunity to sink my teeth into v1 sliders. If anyone has any preference in terms of what sliders I try first please let me know I’m open to anything :)

I played the 3rd Ashes test.
I started typing this update at 11:49am local time, so I'm still sticking to the my claim of "live tomorrow morning" as being accurate!

Attached is v1 of the spreadsheet.

Here are some important things to consider:

Some slider values are probably wrong. In fact, they could well be wrong in multiple places

That's the point of publishing them, and having a version history attached. Sliders go out into the world, people play with them, find how usable/accurate/broken they are, then we revise and publish another version.

If you use any of the sliders and have a game, come back in here and report what happened. Say what was good, say what wasn't good. Say what changes you made and if they worked. That's how we keep this project moving and improve it version on version.

Some parts of the world are harder for batting than others

The sliders in v1 have a hierarchy of conditions. They are as follows:

(Bowler friendly) West Indies --> South Africa --> Asia --> England/NZ --> Australia (Batter friendly)

That's the scale.

Can you make 400+ batting in the West Indies? Sure, but it'll be hard, it's only happened twice since February of 2019 IRL.

Will you automatically make 400+ batting in Australia? No, you'll have to bat well to do it, it isn't just a given. Ask England.

User ability is a thing

These sliders are not just plug and play

If 100% of people just copy them down from the spreadsheet and put them straight into the game, 90% are probably going to be disappointed. The settings needs to be tailored to your own ability, how you like test cricket to be played, how you like the AI to play, there's loads of variables. It's not a one size fits all kind of deal.

I currently play on Veteran difficulty. Others will play on Legend, etc. etc. The difficulty level between even myself and Wealey is fairly noticeable. We both have fun playing our own way tho.

The spreadsheet is a guide, a starting point. No doubt with some trial and error of your own, you'll find something even better for you.

The spreadsheet itself

All you need to do is download it, click the dropdown box at the top of the one sheet available and off you go. All formula are hidden and can't be accidentally edited. It should be pretty hard to break! The sheet is designed so that the drop down box is the only thing that can be edited.

I managed to DL it fine on a laptop and on my phone. The only issue with a phone is you need some form of app to view excel files if you want to do it that way.

Thanks to @WealeyH for his hard work on this one, and the others who have chipped in as well. It is a group effort and your time and expertise are thoroughly appreciated.

I'll put the spreadsheet on the first post so it doesn't just get lost in this wider thread.

Let me know how you all get on!
Thanx so much for all this effort!! Much appreciated. Definitely going to try them out.

Guys before I jump in and test the sliders. I wonder if there is a way we can get visibility of who is testing what sliders? @Ken Tremendous I see you are testing Medium/Grassy. Obviously, the more testing, the better! But in the short-term, if we can cover the bases and get one round of testing done for each set, then move on from there? I can't see anyone testing SA, so I may give that a go! I like a challenge :lol

Of course, feel free to do your own thing regardless :) just wanted to chip in where I could!

Guys before I jump in and test the sliders. I wonder if there is a way we can get visibility of who is testing what sliders? @Ken Tremendous I see you are testing Medium/Grassy. Obviously, the more testing, the better! But in the short-term, if we can cover the bases and get one round of testing done for each set, then move on from there? I can't see anyone testing SA, so I may give that a go! I like a challenge :lol

Of course, feel free to do your own thing regardless :) just wanted to chip in where I could!

What would be amazing is if we can find a pitch set up where seamers run riot.. we have over powered spinners and can nullify them somewhat with sliders.. but what is the combo that allows seamers to cause carnage!

What would be amazing is if we can find a pitch set up where seamers run riot.. we have over powered spinners and can nullify them somewhat with sliders.. but what is the combo that allows seamers to cause carnage!

Obviously.. we can up wicket chance and lower timing and all that Jazz.. but untill BA get back to me on pitches which is going to help this process massively… we still don’t know which pitch set up is ideal for seamers… heavily cracked certainly wasn’t it.. even though should of been

Exactly what i was thinking, currently using the green-medium england sliders, im Pakistan vs England. England currently 213-2 at just under 3 an over Shah Afridi just hasnt been effective, Abbas has been alright, i hate using spinners tho because theyve always been overpowered

Exactly what i was thinking, currently using the green-medium england sliders, im Pakistan vs England. England currently 213-2 at just under 3 an over Shah Afridi just hasnt been effective, Abbas has been alright, i hate using spinners tho because theyve always been overpowered

Yeah it’s my priority now!

Interesting, so from your experience even in the most difficult batting locations e.g. West Indies, you've found that when bowling to the AI, it's still difficult to get wickets with pace? Or have I misunderstood your point?

Interesting, so from your experience even in the most difficult batting locations e.g. West Indies, you've found that when bowling to the AI, it's still difficult to get wickets with pace? Or have I misunderstood your point?

Im struggling to find the combo that you just don’t wanna lose the toss and be put into bat on…

Users who are viewing this thread