SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
That’s also definitely correct…
The only things that really effect AI are those AI sliders, wicket chance, striker rate etc. A spinner can run riot of a flat green pitch. Id love to know if on the same difficulty settings, its possible one innings for the ai to hit 300 and the next to get them out for 120. I dont think the difficulty is dynamic enough whereby the ai can just out in a bad performance unfortunately
Post automatically merged:

Agreed - but is it something BA acknowledge and may help us do something about?
Probably not at this stage for the game. Im no programmer but id imagine its quite hard to create an AI that adapts or is affected by certain conditions. The ai is made to be competitive. Always had this issue when making sliders on Madden, you could make the AI easier or harder, but you couldn't make them realistic

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
Another thing I may explore is the effect of attributes, sick of seeing tail enders constantly get into the 30/40s, i might lower their batting attributes. Similarly, i might increase seamers attributes and decrease batsmen attricbutes. I think BAs system of using increments of 5s is quite pathetic in all honesty. Players dont feel unique at all because they all have the same attributes mostly. Sadly, like i said in a previous post, i havent followed cricket for a good ten years and am only getting back into it so i dont know half the players

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
Another thing I may explore is the effect of attributes, sick of seeing tail enders constantly get into the 30/40s, i might lower their batting attributes. Similarly, i might increase seamers attributes and decrease batsmen attricbutes. I think BAs system of using increments of 5s is quite pathetic in all honesty. Players dont feel unique at all because they all have the same attributes mostly. Sadly, like i said in a previous post, i havent followed cricket for a good ten years and am only getting back into it so i dont know half the players
I am very interested in this aspect. With the countless perks and proficiencies that each player can be assigned it seems that there should be great variation, but I don't always feel it. One thing that I think would really help would be in match UI having access to your players and even the opponents attributes, perks and proficiencies so you can gameplan better. Only seeing their weakness/strength does not tell you much and I want to be able to make better bowling choice decisions but it requires me to memorize their settings outside of the game.

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
I am very interested in this aspect. With the countless perks and proficiencies that each player can be assigned it seems that there should be great variation, but I don't always feel it. One thing that I think would really help would be in match UI having access to your players and even the opponents attributes, perks and proficiencies so you can gameplan better. Only seeing their weakness/strength does not tell you much and I want to be able to make better bowling choice decisions but it requires me to memorize their settings outside of the game.
Yeh i mentioned that in another thread i think. Every sports game created allows you to view attributes in game and not have go to the editor

mikeyd204

School Cricketer
Right brief update... it's early days but the SA sliders are FUN.

Won the toss with NZ and put SA in to bat. My first wicket was a runout and I thought, oh bloody hell here we go again.

Fast forward a couple of overs and I had one batsman caught at mid-wicket and the other caught in the slips with the batsman playing a backfoot cut to 3rd slip.

Here is the current state of play:
IMG_7690 copy.jpg

The bounce on the pitch is really nice, bouncers are short and effective without being too short. I've mostly been bowling around top off off and dragging the length a little forward and back. Cutters are pretty effective too, more so than swing.

Long way to go, but certainly promising signs! I might just be bowling better than I did in my other match, but either way, positive signs :)

EDIT: a word of advice... the new run out feature is so annoying it's far too easy to get a run out so my advice would be to throw back to the wicket keeper :)

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
Have been sitting looking at players in player manager and im baffled tbh. In proficiencies they are scaled 1-5, i looked at bowlers mainly and cant work them out. Is 1 good or is 5 good. Why do most bowlers have 1 in line accuracy and length accuracy barring anderson and cummins. I know this is off topic but its bound to be affecting gameplay from sliders no? Also smith is more accurate at line and length than broad?

Attachments

• 0141e71f-f8c7-4510-952d-5f3b8c689532.png
    0141e71f-f8c7-4510-952d-5f3b8c689532.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 2ca634ac-da64-49a1-9319-1cb9708f5bae.png
    2ca634ac-da64-49a1-9319-1cb9708f5bae.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • e1686214-f9e6-42c1-b2d1-25ec0c925904.png
    e1686214-f9e6-42c1-b2d1-25ec0c925904.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • d12da35d-d8f4-431c-809b-4834d8cace9d.png
    d12da35d-d8f4-431c-809b-4834d8cace9d.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 721709fb-ad91-4da2-a183-ac8d7c80543f.png
    721709fb-ad91-4da2-a183-ac8d7c80543f.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 31dfdb4f-7d31-49d2-a0f2-d42e0c66c43f.png
    31dfdb4f-7d31-49d2-a0f2-d42e0c66c43f.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • dd24836e-3299-4a64-995d-d9c64ba5d7d2.png
    dd24836e-3299-4a64-995d-d9c64ba5d7d2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
Have been sitting looking at players in player manager and im baffled tbh. In proficiencies they are scaled 1-5, i looked at bowlers mainly and cant work them out. Is 1 good or is 5 good. Why do most bowlers have 1 in line accuracy and length accuracy barring anderson and cummins. I know this is off topic but its bound to be affecting gameplay from sliders no? Also smith is more accurate at line and length than broad?
5 is best. Go into create a player and you will see that there is also a limited number of points that each category can use. So the bowling proficiencies only have a certain amount of stars allowed and might be why we see so many with 1 star or level.

EDIT

Also might be worth doing some editing on these things for a a few teams so we can test them out. Although I assume you can not edit the licensed players like Jimmy etc. Might be worth a look to edit one of the wasteyouryouth teams and test them out. Would not be the first time that a games community works with rosters to help the gameplay out. EG> NBA 2k22. Given that there are fewer players and teams to edit it wouldn't be that huge an undertaking to develop custom rosters for the game me thinks.

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
5 is best. Go into create a player and you will see that there is also a limited number of points that each category can use. So the bowling proficiencies only have a certain amount of stars allowed and might be why we see so many with 1 star or level.

EDIT

Also might be worth doing some editing on these things for a a few teams so we can test them out. Although I assume you can not edit the licensed players like Jimmy etc. Might be worth a look to edit one of the wasteyouryouth teams and test them out. Would not be the first time that a games community works with rosters to help the gameplay out. EG> NBA 2k22. Given that there are fewer players and teams to edit it wouldn't be that huge an undertaking to develop custom rosters for the game me thinks.
Yeh going to have to, i dont underatand though why BA wouldn't prioritise bowling proficiencies for bowlers, absolutely bizzare

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
Yeh going to have to, i dont underatand though why BA wouldn't prioritise bowling proficiencies for bowlers, absolutely bizzare
So hoped in quickly....you can edit skills, perks proficiencies. The problem being that you can only allocate 5 stars total in the bowling category it seems. Also it seems some of your stats are different from what I am seeing. My Broad has 4 consistency 3 Line Acc 3 Length Acc 4 Bwoling Speed

EDIT also I do not see persistence as a category.....huuuh

jwestbury661

School Cricketer

So hoped in quickly....you can edit skills, perks proficiencies. The problem being that you can only allocate 5 stars total in the bowling category it seems.
That must be dictated by overall or something, because cummins has:
Line accuracy 4
Length accuracy 3
Bowling speed 3

I tried to make starc the same, but couldn't...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
what are you looking at those players in? Because it looks different and those proficiencies are not what I have.

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer

That must be dictated by overall or something, because cummins has:
Line accuracy 4
Length accuracy 3
Bowling speed 3

I tried to make starc the same, but couldn't...
What system are you on because my player manager on PS5 and PC (in the creation tools) looks totally different

Users who are viewing this thread