SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Tracerbullet

School Cricketer
I had an amazing couple of sessions with IND(Me) and SA(A.I. at Home) was forced bowled on an overcast day. Because it seems it'll get difficult to bat on later. Bundled SA for 130, Ashwin got 6. I have some amazing wickets as footage on the PS5. I will post soon.

But the batting was a bit easier so I had to quit the match and start a new one with a bit more difficulty in timing, footwork and pitch marker display time. Mayank got out early and then there was a wonderful partnership between Rahul and Pujara to get to 98/1 at 4.75RR and then a collapse out of nowhere. 105/5 3.5RR and then a short Shardul blitz post-lunch but he got out. Now it's somewhere around 130/6 36 overs with Kohli and Ashwin on the crease.
What settings in pre-match section u did to get overcast condition?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes. I noticed it a few weeks ago :mad

Fortunately I grabbed some for comparisons in October and November, but not as much as I'd have liked, and certainly not as much as I would have done if I knew it was going.
MIGHT have found a way to access this. Could be a big Prnt Screen job needed. :lol

Will let you know.

Dont_Blush_Baby

School Cricketer
Thats pleasing to see! What difficulty?
That was Veteran mate.

I'm really enjoying the game for the most part, besides a few little balancing issues (genuine tail enders please BA!)

Biggest thing for me is that when you tweak the game with sliders, it can offer a pretty great experience.

AI has bowled well and consistently. Edges have been plentiful when both batting and bowling. AI batting has been watchful, they've left plenty and requires patience when bowling or bowling to a different plan. It's good stuff.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I did this and the results have been great.

AI 3.13 run rate over 2 sessions, 64 overs. 11 maidens in that.

196/6 on a green hard lightly cracked day 1 pitch. Will confirm my exact sliders.

Dismissals have been a caught behind (taken moving to 1st slip), 2 caught leg gully (1 mistimed pull, 1 mistimed glance), 1 bowled (all seam) and 1 lbw and 1 caught leg slip (spin).

Plenty of edges. No inside edge to square leg boundary at a million miles per hour.

can see that what @wasteyouryouth has previously said the grass really needs bounce. So it will be interesting to see if that changes as the match progresses.

Very pleasing couple of sessions.
Please share your slider settings,I get edges to point and gully mostly.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What settings in pre-match section u did to get overcast condition?
I don't think there is an option to get that (BigAnt Weather System is based on Historical Weather Data). But if you play around with seasons, for example, you choose Summer and there is no clouds/rain and then you choose Autumn and switch back to Summer, which will change the date of the match and that will change the weather as well. As far as I know, that's the only way.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I had an amazing couple of sessions with IND(Me) and SA(A.I. at Home) was forced bowled on an overcast day. Because it seems it'll get difficult to bat on later. Bundled SA for 130, Ashwin got 6. I have some amazing wickets as footage on the PS5. I will post soon.

But the batting was a bit easier so I had to quit the match and start a new one with a bit more difficulty in timing, footwork and pitch marker display time. Mayank got out early and then there was a wonderful partnership between Rahul and Pujara to get to 98/1 at 4.75RR and then a collapse out of nowhere. 105/5 3.5RR and then a short Shardul blitz post-lunch but he got out. Now it's somewhere around 130/6 36 overs with Kohli and Ashwin on the crease.
And as promised.

Here are a few.
Post automatically merged:

Please share your slider settings,I get edges to point and gully mostly.
And I get edges only to the wicket keeper. I played with the sliders by Rumble for SA Grassy/Dry Hard.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
And as promised.

Here are a few.

And I get edges only to the wicket keeper. I played with the sliders by Rumble for SA Grassy/Dry Hard.
Love that the umpire gave the LBW, and that the AI reviewed it. Looks good all round from a realism perspective. Did you plug in the umpire/DRS sliders in as well?

Other 2 looks great as well, good to see a bit of variety to the dismissals!

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Love that the umpire gave the LBW, and that the AI reviewed it. Looks good all round from a realism perspective. Did you plug in the umpire/DRS sliders in as well?

Other 2 looks great as well, good to see a bit of variety to the dismissals!
Yes, I did use it.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
And as promised.

Here are a few.

I do get inside edges to keeper. I think there is a bug where outside edges only go to gully or cover.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I created a set of sliders that basically creates a road. Tested it out at the Gabba in the first ashes test.

Australia won the toss and batted first. It was a hard slog bowling for 130 overs and I eventually had them all out for 477. I was expecting them to make 500+ to be honest when they were about 380/5. Head made 96, Labuschagne 87 and Carey 82. Few other contributions as well with Starc coming in at 9 and hitting a quick 47 (standard for this game). I'm 12/0 after 5 overs in reply.

They scored at around 3.5 so a decent but realistic rate. I was a bit concerned that there just didn't seem any point in bowling wide of off stump. Sometimes I bowled a brilliant line just at 4th stump and the AI batsmen just know it isn't hitting so leave every time. It creates no indecision at all. I'd love BA to patch in something that rewards you for bowling tight lines and good lengths. As a result I probably bowled 350 balls in that 4th/5th stump line and never got a single edge to slips or keeper. I'd like to think it's because I created a road so it made getting people out hard but I have a feeling it's due to the game engine.

I took one wicket with a spinner (bowled) which is OK as I'd not given spinners much to work with on the sliders. Two run outs using the new run out mechanism which I promptly stopped using as it seemed too easy to get a cheap wicket. All other dismissals were lbws or bowled which again is a concern, very little variety.

I did have one nice moment where I had an over at Carey with Anderson around the wicket and set him up with 4 consecutive outswingers and then put an inswinger in that trapped him lbw. Unfortunately Carey reviewed and it was missing by a whisker. Unfortunate not to take the wicket but it was very realistic and satisfying.
OK to follow up on this, I made 310 in 85 overs. Burns scoring 115, Buttler 75 and then minor contributions from the rest. Some poor shots from me for some dismissals probably Root aside who was caught behind driving a half volley outside off stump.

There's about 20 overs left of day 3 with Australia going well in the second innings at 55/1 from 18 overs. Their lead is already way past 200 so I have all in to save the game.

It'll be interesting to see if and when they declare.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
With so many good folk popping their head in to work on test cricket, I figured I may try to branch out to T20, see how some modified, more batter friendly sliders hold up.

Went with a set up I figured I'd win, proved to be the case.

20211230_214432.jpg
Won the toss and bowled on a standard pitch, restricted them well with a constant flow of wickets.

Had a variety of dismissals, including a hook to deep backward square off a bouncer, a couple caught in the ring, another caught in the deep at cow corner, an LBW and this one that I shared yesterday but always happy to share again cos it looked great!

I knocked off the runs fairly easily, needing less than a run a ball. When I did get out it was generally trying to be a bit more aggressive. I settled down once Kohli came in and was happy to just knock singles into gaps instead.

I'll keep going with this and see what I find, will be a bit of a slow burner I think as something different alongside the work done by others.

Users who are viewing this thread