SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I use manual fielding which I think helps in the shitty run outs!
Just like lack of situational/match awareness, AI has always struggled with running between the wickets since crickets first games. I feel best if devs err on side of caution if it’s really that difficult to implement?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just like lack of situational/match awareness, AI has always struggled with running between the wickets since crickets first games. I feel best if devs err on side of caution if it’s really that difficult to implement?

Agree, why it baffles me that with all that feedback there new shines feature was a throwing mechanic that further increased the chances of run outs!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I use manual fielding which I think helps in the shitty run outs!

Hi

I’ve always used semi-assisted fielding. If you use manual, does the catching circle come up for every chance? It’s just that I’ve caught some but also had one dropped today (Not a sharp chance) that the circle didn’t come up for. And do you manually have to stop every little edge along the floor to slip, gully?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Hi

I’ve always used semi-assisted fielding. If you use manual, does the catching circle come up for every chance? It’s just that I’ve caught some but also had one dropped today (Not a sharp chance) that the circle didn’t come up for. And do you manually have to stop every little edge along the floor to slip, gully?

Sorry I meant automatic.. I don’t do any of the fielding.. no interest in that

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
@Rumple43

Im currently watching the 2nd test between South Africa and India after watching a lot of the first too and I don't think the surface at Centurion or here at the Wanderers has the bounce or carry you would associate with a hard deck. Grassy/Dry definitely fits well but I'm thinking medium for the SA sliders instead of the current hard?

Going to recreate this test later on so will note anything relevant.

RDB3

Club Cricketer
@Rumple43

Im currently watching the 2nd test between South Africa and India after watching a lot of the first too and I don't think the surface at Centurion or here at the Wanderers has the bounce or carry you would associate with a hard deck. Grassy/Dry definitely fits well but I'm thinking medium for the SA sliders instead of the current hard?

Im from Johannesburg (wanderers) We had plenty of rain recently more than usual. The pitch will get a lot faster on day 2 and 3 with more bounce after a bit of sun.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43

I think I went with Grassy/Dry hard just so it'd a) hopefully be better for seam over spin and b) so it was different to the other 5 set ups/parts of the world.

It's worth noting that if people prefer, they can use different pitch sliders wherever they want. Nothing to stop someone using the English set in NZ, or the NZ set in SA, for example.

Ill be back at work as of tomorrow so I'll press on with v2 of the spreadsheet, around more time in C22 to test and play.

Think I'm gonna spend this upcoming week making some testing teams (identical players for both teams, all right handers etc) and do some pitch wear tests, see what I find.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Just had a nice game in the Caribbean with the Windies sliders @Rumple43

1641220195776.png

Well, nice if you like losing that is! Faced with a chase of 340 to win i got nowhere near, as you can see each innings got progressively harder to bat, and something i definitely noticed in the second innings that i didnt see much of in the first was me getting out playing a defensive shot, a few of them, mistimed only a bit and edged to the keeper/cordon - whether this is pure luck or not i dont know but if its something built into the game to make batting harder in the second innings then thats nice to see, @WealeyH any idea if this is even a thing?

Wealey

ICC Board Member

View attachment 260789

Well, nice if you like losing that is! Faced with a chase of 340 to win i got nowhere near, as you can see each innings got progressively harder to bat, and something i definitely noticed in the second innings that i didnt see much of in the first was me getting out playing a defensive shot, a few of them, mistimed only a bit and edged to the keeper/cordon - whether this is pure luck or not i dont know but if its something built into the game to make batting harder in the second innings then thats nice to see, @WealeyH any idea if this is even a thing?

It will potentially be the increase in Ok and Good input sliders producing an edge as well?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

View attachment 260789

My first effort at a tough batting track I did in England, and found it was hard (Player WI as England, reported it in here). In the spreadsheet, those settings became WI (pretty much, with a few tweaks), and I made England a bit easier.

In that game, I had some user edges off defensive shots if they weren't timed correctly. I really enjoyed it, thought it was ace. I must say I don't remember it much in my first innings either, I was always out driving at the ball. It happened more than once in my second innings tho and trying to bat longer.

Wealey is right, tho. It's because of the harsh setting for ok and poor edge frequency.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It's good if you can still edge it defending as I'm pretty certain I'm the past if I could be arsed I could save any test by just pressing defend every ball.

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well got to lunch in day 3 and Australia declare. This after I was all out in the final session of day one. I plugged away after frustration and admitting I upped the idea release window a bit. The Harris and Labuschagne run outs were my fault for not knowing the games flaws. The 41 final partnership was frustrating. Smith and Carey’s partnership was the killer for me. I did trap Carey LBW, after going fuller all the time and I felt like I set him up for it. I remembered now going fuller was how I played 19 on the harder pitches. Only the one edge to Buttler, and had around 10 that raced to the fence.

See if I can bat longer than a day now to save the match.

Attachments

• CCC0B572-BC86-4CE8-A482-3D592391E89C.png
    CCC0B572-BC86-4CE8-A482-3D592391E89C.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

Nashefc

School Cricketer
Hi guys. So I’m going to use the sliders you provided thank you. So do you alter this depending on the pitch type every time or just stick with it? Just in career mode so not sure if I can handle altering every game

Users who are viewing this thread