SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
This is great to see. 227 is a pretty solid score on those decks, I'll be interested to see what the AI post on reply. A score like 103 from Tector really is a quality, difference making knock.

Keep us posted!

I bowled Barbados out in 40 overs with Dockrell and Singh ripping through them. With the seamers I felt like I just couldn't find a length, anything good or short was getting tonked and anything fuller, defended or left alone. Brathwaite went off like a steam train but when the spinners came on Barbados couldn't hit it off the square. Balbirnie was at leg slip and Tector, short leg. 2 of the dismissals were bat/boot/catch but the others were decent, Brathwaite flicked onto his pad as did Dowrich. Carter, Mayers and Holder were all done by arm balls and Chase done through the gate with Singh coming round the wicket.

All good fun but spin really did put the skids on the AI bigtime. When the seamers were on they were comfortably going at 3.5/4 rpo.

What also annoyed me was a few occasions where the batsman would nick it and it would just hit the keeper without him reacting at all. That would be rage inducing if you had Labuschagne on his customary 150 and that happened.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 105807.png

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I bowled Barbados out in 40 overs with Dockrell and Singh ripping through them. With the seamers I felt like I just couldn't find a length, anything good or short was getting tonked and anything fuller, defended or left alone. Brathwaite went off like a steam train but when the spinners came on Barbados couldn't hit it off the square. Balbirnie was at leg slip and Tector, short leg. 2 of the dismissals were bat/boot/catch but the others were decent, Brathwaite flicked onto his pad as did Dowrich. Carter, Mayers and Holder were all done by arm balls and Chase done through the gate with Singh coming round the wicket.

All good fun but spin really did put the skids on the AI bigtime. When the seamers were on they were comfortably going at 3.5/4 rpo.

What also annoyed me was a few occasions where the batsman would nick it and it would just hit the keeper without him reacting at all. That would be rage inducing if you had Labuschagne on his customary 150 and that happened.

View attachment 261105
I still don't know what to make of spin in this game. They just seem to have too much success, but if they were toothless we'd all be annoyed anyway!

227 v 154 is still a good match tho, typical West Indian judging by some recent score cards

Irtileaf

Club Captain
I still don't know what to make of spin in this game. They just seem to have too much success, but if they were toothless we'd all be annoyed anyway!

227 v 154 is still a good match tho, typical West Indian judging by some recent score cards
Yes mate. Spin is OP. I was playing with England sliders at lords. No wicket for the first 20 overs with pacers.
I brought yasir shah on and nicked haseeb hameed the 3rd ball lol.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes mate. Spin is OP. I was playing with England sliders at lords. No wicket for the first 20 overs with pacers.
I brought yasir shah on and nicked haseeb hameed the 3rd ball lol.
Agree that spin is overpowered, this is despite the (almost) non existant stumpings. Clearly something is not working as intended.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Going to finally get round to starting an Ashes series tonight, thoughts on slightly differing pitches to represent how they were in reality.

As we know the default for Oz in the set is Hard/Dry, but for a bit of variation.

Im thinking Gabba, which was unusually very green, grassy/dry. Adelaide dry, MCG dry, SCG had plenty of grass the first two/three days so grassy/dry, and what do we think the Hobart deck traditionally is? @Rumple43 @WealeyH

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Going to finally get round to starting an Ashes series tonight, thoughts on slightly differing pitches to represent how they were in reality.

As we know the default for Oz in the set is Hard/Dry, but for a bit of variation.

Im thinking Gabba, which was unusually very green, grassy/dry. Adelaide dry, MCG dry, SCG had plenty of grass the first two/three days so grassy/dry, and what do we think the Hobart deck traditionally is? @Rumple43 @WealeyH
I am thinking standard might be a more placid, batting deck than dry, with less potential for breaking up later on, if you want to chuck that into the mix for Adelaide or MCG.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I am thinking standard might be a more placid, batting deck than dry, with less potential for breaking up later on, if you want to chuck that into the mix for Adelaide or MCG.
Yep, good ideas.

Just creating the custom difficulty inputting the slider values and christ its reminded me how hard its going to be to get wickets - think ill do well to restrict them to under 450!

First test toss shortly...

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok Lads Started england v Sri Lanka Al today at kia oval grassy dusty hard . sri lanka won the toss and chose to bat .

they finished all out 280 on day 1 we just had 1 over for the day left 0/0.
archer got 3 stokes 3 root 2 robinson 2. 99 for mathews and 48 for nisanka .

had 2 fine leg catches from archer broad rest were ca ught by buttler. and 1 from hameed bat and pad.
see what england can do tommorow , its was wasteyouryouth custom sri lanka team and england s licenced .

what i did if none of you have done this openers ,with top order 3 middle order 2 and lower order 1 the tail went for less then 10.
and ajusted fielding atributes throw strength below halfway it worked a treat . will keep you all posted .

the sliders were used rr was on 9 striker timing 65 bowl q 65 . Hope this helps. bowling was hard fielding was hard .

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Stirlo doing Stirlo things. 250 run lead, 175/1 currently. Batting seems a lot easier 2nd innings, not helped by ridiculously aggressive AI fields, a deep cover would have eliminated a dozen of Stirlings 18 fours. The 1 wicket to fall was another diving screamer at gully to a forward prod, which was lovely.

It's wonderful to be able to drive properly now, extra cover drives especially.

Screenshot 2022-01-09 094705.png

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Has anyone found a dramatic change in test match scores since the patch came out? I have gone from tests where teams were scoring 300-400 and batsman making centuries to sub 200 scores and 50s being rare. This is in career mode but just weird to have such a dramatic change. Effecting both teams so tests are finishing within 3 days. Upside is scoring sits around 2-2.5 per over, just wickets fall way to often for both sides.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Stirlo doing Stirlo things. 250 run lead, 175/1 currently. Batting seems a lot easier 2nd innings, not helped by ridiculously aggressive AI fields, a deep cover would have eliminated a dozen of Stirlings 18 fours. The 1 wicket to fall was another diving screamer at gully to a forward prod, which was lovely.

It's wonderful to be able to drive properly now, extra cover drives especially.

View attachment 261173
Hmmm, wonder if the pitch has settled down a bit? I wonder if that's something else that could happen behind the scenes? No idea, looks to be a good game tho.

Assume it's a 4 day warm up? Got long to go to bowl them out?

cricboi

Club Captain
Bowled the first innings of a test with India against England. Used the sliders here combined with re-skilling batters. Found the game to be exceptionally more realistic. Bowled them out for 135 with Burns getting out on a dumb shot to deep square and Bairstow getting bowled through his defense. Even got a caught and bowled with Siraj on Robinson which felt cool too.

Only issue, which I admit is quite small at this point, is that the medium grassy pitch produced too little bounce. I tried playing with the sliders a bit (moving pitch bounce to 55) but I still couldn't get a good length delivery to be within an inch of top of off. It doesn't ruin the immersion but it would be fun to bang some balls into a batters body without it being a high bouncer. Any suggestions? Should I just keep on increasing pitch bounce or does this have something to do with the surface that's beyond my control?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Replaying the 87/88 “Shakoor Rana” tour England in Pakistan using the “Asia” settings ever so slightly modified - have a grassy dusty medium pitch, didn’t up wicket chance as much and put swing slightly higher…

Also skilling teams much as I have in c19 and others before that - lower than default but same for me and the AI.

I’m bowling first on a grassy/dusty medium day 1 pitch with light cracks, and Pakistan are 91/9 at lunch!!

A devastating new-ball burst from Daffy (3-14) and Foster(1-18) backed up by Cook (1-29) and Emburey (4-14).

Something weird I spotted though was that the offies get good turn over the wicket but round the wicket next to nothing.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Bowled the first innings of a test with India against England. Used the sliders here combined with re-skilling batters. Found the game to be exceptionally more realistic. Bowled them out for 135 with Burns getting out on a dumb shot to deep square and Bairstow getting bowled through his defense. Even got a caught and bowled with Siraj on Robinson which felt cool too.

Only issue, which I admit is quite small at this point, is that the medium grassy pitch produced too little bounce. I tried playing with the sliders a bit (moving pitch bounce to 55) but I still couldn't get a good length delivery to be within an inch of top of off. It doesn't ruin the immersion but it would be fun to bang some balls into a batters body without it being a high bouncer. Any suggestions? Should I just keep on increasing pitch bounce or does this have something to do with the surface that's beyond my control?
I think is related to the last patch, where the bounce was apparently only reduced for standard pitches, but I feel it could have been medium hardness pitches instead.

I was going to look into this tomorrow but not ideal that you haven't managed to find a solution!
Replaying the 87/88 “Shakoor Rana” tour England in Pakistan using the “Asia” settings ever so slightly modified - have a grassy dusty medium pitch, didn’t up wicket chance as much and put swing slightly higher…

Also skilling teams much as I have in c19 and others before that - lower than default but same for me and the AI.

I’m bowling first on a grassy/dusty medium day 1 pitch with light cracks, and Pakistan are 91/9 at lunch!!

A devastating new-ball burst from Daffy (3-14) and Foster(1-18) backed up by Cook (1-29) and Emburey (4-14).

Something weird I spotted though was that the offies get good turn over the wicket but round the wicket next to nothing.
A bit of a fun one for you then! Some nice OP off breaks from Emburey, but see what happens when you bat I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread