So what happened to the Patch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It been a month now

it was released on 7 August, 2009 and its now a day past a month..

Still no news on Patch , where are developers who were giving sooooo much of interviews before the game and answering soooooo many questions before the game release :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm ?

What happened to them ?:mad:

If this was a VALVE product , half of the gaming community would have went on a uproar !

I think its time we contact them and ask whether there will be a patch or not .

We need a patch urgently for critical bugs ..( we all know what those problems are )

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Give them time. Its not like Photo shop request where you give request for signature and get it in a week or two time.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Not really, sid. ;)

But i think a huge process of patching is going on, so we just need to wait instead of whining. Maybe, who knows, the patch could be worth the time taken.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If you are making one then yes. :p

Hows the game going though?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
the problem is even if they release a patch by the next 10-15 days...
it'll be a tad too late. many of them have already given up on this game.

what transmission should've done is noted down the main bugs during the demo release itself and started work on it ASAP. a preliminary patch by the first week of release and then start working on the other bugs and release a full fledged one. this way, the members will also not doubt it.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors

what transmission should've done is noted down the main bugs during the demo release itself and started work on it ASAP. a preliminary patch by the first week of release and then start working on the other bugs and release a full fledged one. this way, the members will also not doubt it.

You of all people should know the time it takes to remove bugs.

Oy, i was talking about the photoshop thing. :p

Me too. :D

alioz

Club Cricketer
I think they will just release another game next year with few changes here and there. I mean they have already made enough money from this title then why give something back to consumers when they can make another game next year and have more profit.
and beleive me everyone will buy that game too as we just cant stop buying a new cricket game. again we all will be on pc talking about cricket game for months.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
You of all people should know the time it takes to remove bugs.

absolutely. takes lot of time and effort. HENCE, i suggested to release a patch which fixes only 3-4 main bugs. if i was in charge,

Patch 1.0 (within a week of release)

- Bowling Speeds
- Anti-Aliasing support
- Hook shot even for front foot button

Patch 1.1

- Edges
- Run Out
- AI Aggression
- Field Placing
- Camera Zoom

Patch 1.2

- Fix Superman Catches By Keeper and Short Mid-Off / On
- More LBWs and Bowled
- More Intelligent Play by the AI
- Tweaks to the Confidence System

etc etc..

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
More time=more people will stop playing the game.

Exactly ....

as one thread was aptly describing ... " hey which version to release .0001 or .0009 version ? release .0001 version ......"

dont they know that this game is unfinished product ?

Gamespot , one of the Biggest Game reviewer on the NET ! and one who have reviewed nearly all the games from worst to bad ...

here is what they said. take a look

29dfqki.jpg

I for one have stopped using it . comeone guys it takes nearly 3 minutes to get into the game and another 1 minute loading time. when my system played CRYSIS without a flaw , do u guys think that this crap game is more powerful and awesome looking than CRYSIS ?

and i have never seen one game which has LETTERBOX ? what happened to full screen ?

whoever is supporting CODEMASTERs , we havent got any sign / announcement or anythign that sort to point to that there will be a patch .. and just now read a wiki entry
Patch

Recently a codemaster's representative was said to have given a tiny sliver of hope to patrons of the game, with rumours circulating codemasters wishes to shed the image of a 'take the money and run' company, the team have supposedly been working long hours testing a new 'realistic' difficulty setting on the 50 over format.

that says all i think

D

Dutch

In a reply to a post darkboyblunder assured people here that they were still monitoring the forums and that we would hear from them soon. I was also in the opportunity of having a couple of conversations with Rob (darkboyblunder) and he seems like a genuine guy who is also restricted by all kinds of legal boundaries that do exist in situations like these, however much we think that it should be "oh so easy to say something or produce a patch". I still have faith in them coming up with something quite soon but:

What is the definiton of "soon"?

Discuss!:)

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
In a reply to a post darkboyblunder assured people here that they were still monitoring the forums and that we would hear from them soon. I was also in the opportunity of having a couple of conversations with Rob (darkboyblunder) and he seems like a genuine guy who is also restricted by all kinds of legal boundaries that do exist in situations like these, however much we think that it should be "oh so easy to say something or produce a patch". I still have faith in them coming up with something quite soon but:

Discuss!:)

am not saying they wont release a patch or anything...
just that they didnt plan it properly or may be werent looking
forward to so many bugs ?

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer

Discuss!

NO OFFENCE IN ANY WAY BRO

please stop saying " we are looking / reading into forum " SH~t " " Codies ..

and what LEGAL boundary ?

arent we who payed for the game have the right to get a patch ? and they should have released a patch by now ....

Please dont take it in any other way dutchad , i and many others are fed up with those codemaster guy who pretended to have worked out the best game and yet they released crappiest cricket game. what happened to all those " READING " the forum stuff gone ?

if i were a developer , i would have given least importance to timming the release of the game . I would have worked out all the bugs , invited few trusted members from this forum , guys who have played hours and hours of BLC 07 , EA cricket etc and would have got thier feedback and worked closely with them and at last would have given them a free copy of the game.

this is what many software giants are doing.

One more week , if there is no Patch release , i am going to sell my game on Ebay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread