Sri Lanka in Australia

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
November 2007

Fri 2 - Sun 4 Queensland v Sri Lankans (Allan Border Field, Brisbane)

Thu 8 - Mon 12 1st Test - Australia v Sri Lanka
(Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane)

Fri 16 - Tue 20 2nd Test - Australia v Sri Lanka (Bellerive Oval, Hobart)

This will be more than likely the series which Murali overtakes Shane Warne. I hope for his sake that the crowds can be nice and not abuse him.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It'll be funny to see how Hooper reacts should Murali overtake Warne's record in Australia. Hopefully the Aussie faithful will be mature and applaud a legend of the game rather than offer a chorus of bitter booing.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It'll be funny to see how Hooper reacts should Murali overtake Warne's record in Australia. Hopefully the Aussie faithful will be mature and applaud a legend of the game rather than offer a chorus of bitter booing.

Me? Personally? I won't mind. I always knew he would pass his record ~ we all knew. Deep down, we all know who the King of Spin is but.

Anyways, I just can't wait to see the line up for the first Test seeing there is no Langer, Warne, Martyn or McGrath!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I see the Gabba has been renamed.
Should good seeing how the Aussies fair with life after Warne and McGrath.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
they'll do exactly what you did to Lasith Malinga :p Best 2 sides in the world for me but i can't see the Sri Lankans doing well in australian conditions, will be interested in how Malinga gets on though.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I see the Gabba has been renamed.
Should good seeing how the Aussies fair with life after Warne and McGrath.

What was it originally called?

Well, with three big names going from the Australian side, Sri Lanka really have a chance to pull a result off here. It would be great if they could as it could give hope to other teams - and of course we all like to see the convicts being put to the sword, then eventually losing test status...:D

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
they'll do exactly what you did to Lasith Malinga :p Best 2 sides in the world for me but i can't see the Sri Lankans doing well in australian conditions, will be interested in how Malinga gets on though.

What's wrong with Malinga?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What was it originally called?

Well, with three big names going from the Australian side, Sri Lanka really have a chance to pull a result off here. It would be great if they could as it could give hope to other teams - and of course we all like to see the convicts being put to the sword, then eventually losing test status...:D

GABBA, but Sean explained it.

Our batting is still as strong as ever of course if that fails then I suspect the match will go with it.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I was talking about how he would get on playing cricket....

Oh ok, lol my bad.

I have a gut feeling, just a gut feeling that we will win the toss and be 5/70 odd at lunch. Then Adam Gilchrist (:p) will play a cameo knock and set up a win to remember. Then Gilly will just blast the Sri Lankans and Indians in test and one day cricket all summer. :cool:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Looking foward to this series. Hopefully I will be able to watch Murali pass the record. I will be gutted that Warne won't be on top but Warne will always be my favourite out of the two. I will be interested to see Australia will cope without there 4 big stars.

Well, with three big names going from the Australian side
What about Martyn? He is always forgetten. Even though he quit people always forget him.
*Sings "Don't Forget Me" for Damien Martyn*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread