Sri Lanka in Australia

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
its gona be interesting to see if the Aussie bowlers can get the Sri lankan batsman out without Warne and McGrath, they still got some weapons but its gona be tough.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Only 4 weeks to go now. Gilly showing some form, hopefully he can keep this running into this series and set up a massive summer.

Animator!

School Cricketer
This should be a real good series imo. The Sri Lankans have good bowling, batting and fielding skills and line-ups and they're definitely an emerging side in my eyes, so hopefully they really take it to Australia because it could then make it a hell of a series.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, i agree with you animator but it just seems like an un-finished series, sort of like a warm up to the Indian series with only 2 Tests. It should be 3 tests and 3 tests agaisnt India.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Yes, i agree with you animator but it just seems like an un-finished series, sort of like a warm up to the Indian series with only 2 Tests. It should be 3 tests and 3 tests agaisnt India.

I Think srilanka do not play more thn 2 tests often.I think australia will win
1-0

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors

It does kinda of feel like a warm-up. I think 3 Tests against Sri Lanka and 3 against 3 India would of been more fair. Though I guess 2 Tests makes it harder for Murali to get the record in Australia ;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Rogers is out of the race for the openers spot officially, would have been lucky to make it with Jaques form. So only Hodge and Watson who could be considered but Jaques clear favourite now.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hopefully this will be a good series. It will also be valuable for the Indian thinktank to see some of the weaknesses of the new Australian line-up (if there are any). Of course, we'll probably jousting with Pakistan at that stage.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I see the Gabba has been renamed.
Should good seeing how the Aussies fair with life after Warne and McGrath.

It's always been that. GABBA is just a short/nickname. You been living under a rock your whole life?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hopefully this will be a good series. It will also be valuable for the Indian thinktank to see some of the weaknesses of the new Australian line-up (if there are any). Of course, we'll probably jousting with Pakistan at that stage.

Tough sohum. there was a similar case in 1999/200 when Pakistan toured Australia and got whitewashed 3-0. India went next, and got the same treatment. I still vividly remember that series where Sachin was captain. It marked the beginning of the golden Ganguly era.

Hope its not a repeat. Come on Sri Lanka

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Tough sohum. there was a similar case in 1999/200 when Pakistan toured Australia and got whitewashed 3-0. India went next, and got the same treatment. I still vividly remember that series where Sachin was captain. It marked the beginning of the golden Ganguly era.

Hope its not a repeat. Come on Sri Lanka

India are a better team now than then, and did come close to beating them in a test series in the 2003 series. I dont think they (or Sri Lanka) will manage to do something like that again, but I'd expect it to be much closer than the 1999/2000 series wherein both the Asian sides got hammered.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Oh ok, lol my bad.

I have a gut feeling, just a gut feeling that we will win the toss and be 5/70 odd at lunch. Then Adam Gilchrist (:p) will play a cameo knock and set up a win to remember. Then Gilly will just blast the Sri Lankans and Indians in test and one day cricket all summer. :cool:

4-4-4-BOWELDEM!!!!:happy
He was out before I pop my popcorn! :p

Users who are viewing this thread