Sri Lanka Tour of the UAE and Pakistan - September/October 2017

Which of these batsmen deserves to be selected in Pakistan's Test squad?

• Total voters

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Lankans deserve the victory. A well fought out battle. Pakistan needs Fakhar Zaman, Shehzad back in as Test openers, Usman Salahudin should be in for Babar Azam and Fawad Alam deserves a spot as well. I'd agree with Wasim Akram comment here that Support and back Sarfraz, It will take some time to settle in the test matches as it is a totally different format, The gap has created after Younis and Misbah.

Anyhow, The onus is on the tour selection committe as well for not picking a second spinner alongside Yasir Shah, as well as Inzy for selecting sluggish opening pair, Ignoring Junaid Khan as well in the bowling department. Its unfortunate to see Aamir not picking up wickets since his return... He is a big match bowler though in shorter formats but that Old magic is rare to see...

PS: I hope a one-off performance by Wahab Riaz won't make him eligible for another hundred tours... Certainly not for the shorter formats....

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Well played Team Pakistan. Played like a true champion of the champions. There is room for improvements though for sure, First and foremost Pakistan needs to be aggressive with batting in the death overs, This problem has been consistent with Pakistan since the departure of players like Afridi and Razzaq. Even in the CT Final, Pakistan could score 350 plus runs and here in this match, Pakistan was 15 to 20 runs short of what they could do considering the strong position they had. I feel like if Fahim Ashraf can improve his bowling a bit he can be tried to fill this gap is Fahim Ashraf in place of Imad Wasim.

Apart from that, I am failed to understand what is the problem of Sarfraz with Junaid Khan. In the final overs when the match was in our hands Junaid should have bowled till 50th bowler, He could get one or two wickets at that time and gain up his confidence for the next match as he is one of the main strike bowlers. Instead, Sarfraz kept giving overs to Rumman and Hasan Ali.... Sarfraz was getting angry when Junaid got hit for four in one of the death overs and it seems he has less confidence in him. Another thing is that Sarfraz needs to control his temper on the field as well with all the players. That he can learn with experience like every new Captain.

Babar played a class innings yet again. The way he constructs his innings on one day reminds me of Inzy, but He has a long way to go Insha'ALLAH. Malik has really impressed as well and Hafeez showed great intent but rushed it.

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I've been saying for ages that Shadab needs to bat higher.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I've been saying for ages that Shadab needs to bat higher.
Hmm... Imad's batting is a big question mark. And also after captaincy Sarfraz just seem to be getting fade away with his batting ability...

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Gamage would've been punished hard at the end, had their been a (mature) batsmen.

Babar Azam played really well again. If he's going to compete with top 5 batsman in the world, he has to develop his hitting ability and slogging at the death... He can convert his 101 OUT to 130+ Not Out.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Tharanga dropped twice. He's going to make us pay for sure. Big score incoming.

B

Bigby Wolf

The one thing I like about this Pakistani bowling lineup is the variety they have in their lineup be it Hasan ,Junaid and Raees/Aamir also that young leggie Shadab is very good for an 18 year old and all of them have this knack of picking of wickets in any stage of the match. That for me was the reason for Pakistan's incredible victory in CT 2017 and even now in this series (ODI vs SL). So if their batsmen can score runs consistently - the likes of Babar ,Zaman ,Malik and even Imad and Sarfaraz ,Pakistan will definitely will be a force to reckon with in the coming years.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The one thing I like about this Pakistani bowling lineup is the variety they have in their lineup be it Hasan ,Junaid and Raees/Aamir also that young leggie Shadab is very good for an 18 year old and all of them have this knack of picking of wickets in any stage of the match. That for me was the reason for Pakistan's incredible victory in CT 2017 and even now in this series (ODI vs SL). So if their batsmen can score runs consistently - the likes of Babar ,Zaman ,Malik and even Imad and Sarfaraz ,Pakistan will definitely will be a force to reckon with in the coming years.
And we need to improve the fielding.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Grasped, grasped, grasped... :/
Sarfraz needs too calm down too. Team moral and body language seems to be getting down. Sarfraz needs to cheer them all instead of boiling on them. (Don't forget he also dropped twice)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Grasped, grasped, grasped... :/
Sarfraz needs too calm down too. Team moral and body language seems to be getting down. Sarfraz needs to cheer them all instead of boiling on them. (Don't forget he also dropped twice)
Once

Users who are viewing this thread