Sri Lanka Tour of the UAE and Pakistan - September/October 2017

Which of these batsmen deserves to be selected in Pakistan's Test squad?

• Total voters
B

Bigby Wolf

Sl on the verge of losing 8th consecutive ODIs ans Pak on the other hand winning 6th consecutive one.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sarfraz captaincy is getting tested here at the moment. I am really not liking his short temper and disappointed expressions often when your team gets beatings.... He has a lot to learn otherwise he will be in trouble for his role infact if he didn't change his attitude and get some calmness. Thats a bad quality leadership we are witnessing at the moment. I wonder what is the role of Sarfraz's friend Imad Wasim here, only got 1 over and has been poor with his batting since ages.... Will he want to try him for next one day too instead of giving chance to Fahim Ashraf who can provide a hard hitting role down the bottom?

Winning is important but it doesn't hide your silly mistakes. Will talk about the match more after the result

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Silly bowling changes... Everything on the ground is quite haphazard at the moment... Captain is responsible... He gets panic big time during crunch situations...

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Congratulations everyone. Pakistan won :)
IMG_20171016_235120.jpg

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Won the game for good, SL fought really hard as well. Some points I'd like to share as far as improvements are concerned for Pakistan team.

• Why Imad Wasim holding a place when he is only getting an over or so despite supposedly he is one of the frontline spinners. Why no confidence on him suddenly. He used to be your main new ball bowler once.
  • Why Sarfraz stick with Shadab even when he got hit for sixes in crunch situations and Sarfraz reluct to try other bowlers who perform well in that very match.
  • Why has Sarfraz made a rule to give only a four-over spell to Junaid Khan whether he picks up wickets with the great economy or go wicketless?
  • Today, It appeared to me that Sarfraz was just changing bowlers at the end here and there, I didn't see much plan and strategy there in captaincy, It more looked like a lucky win at the end than truly based on some great planning from the captain.
  • Sarfraz hot temper will damage the situation in big matches and in matches with some bigger teams. He got to learn this quickly. You got to relax and keep your players relaxed as well instead of confusing them in crunch moments. Perhaps, We should recall the highlights of one of the great captains Wasim Akram who used to be quite calm even in intense moments of matches with top teams and players. I never saw Wasim shouting on Saqlain or any other bowler who is going for sixes. In fact, Wasim encouragement to struggling players on the field won matches for Pakistan. There are plenty of examples. I hope Sarfraz learn this with experience.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well nice match there. Pakistan bowled really well there, it's incredible to see their transformation from getting smacked by India in the first match of the Champs Trophy to become unstoppable. Babar Azam is a solid player in the one day format. He is suited more to limited overs than the Test format. Sri Lanka put in a much better performance and almost got there. I think the only problem is regarding Imad Wasim. He is good bowler, but just not good with the bat. A seam bowling all-rounder would be ideal for the position.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Won the game for good, SL fought really hard as well. Some points I'd like to share as far as improvements are concerned for Pakistan team.

• Why Imad Wasim holding a place when he is only getting an over or so despite supposedly he is one of the frontline spinners. Why no confidence on him suddenly. He used to be your main new ball bowler once.
  • Why Sarfraz stick with Shadab even when he got hit for sixes in crunch situations and Sarfraz reluct to try other bowlers who perform well in that very match.
  • Why has Sarfraz made a rule to give only a four-over spell to Junaid Khan whether he picks up wickets with the great economy or go wicketless?
  • Today, It appeared to me that Sarfraz was just changing bowlers at the end here and there, I didn't see much plan and strategy there in captaincy, It more looked like a lucky win at the end than truly based on some great planning from the captain.
  • Sarfraz hot temper will damage the situation in big matches and in matches with some bigger teams. He got to learn this quickly. You got to relax and keep your players relaxed as well instead of confusing them in crunch moments. Perhaps, We should recall the highlights of one of the great captains Wasim Akram who used to be quite calm even in intense moments of matches with top teams and players. I never saw Wasim shouting on Saqlain or any other bowler who is going for sixes. In fact, Wasim encouragement to struggling players on the field won matches for Pakistan. There are plenty of examples. I hope Sarfraz learn this with experience.
What's wrong with motivating his players?
Taking a bowler off after he went for runs will affect his confidence. Shadab is a frontline bowler, and he should be given confidence even of he concedes a boundary or two. Although i agree that the pacers were underutilised and should've been brought back earlier.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Imad's role isn't clear here. He just bowls 1 or 2 overs. Why don't rest him and bring Fahim Ashraf or Haris Sohail in the side. That way we can also see how much potential these players posses...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Imad's role isn't clear here. He just bowls 1 or 2 overs. Why don't rest him and bring Fahim Ashraf or Haris Sohail in the side. That way we can also see how much potential these players posses...
Hafeez would have to be demoted down the order for that, and the managemebt seems really scared if that, for some reason. He is a very good player down the order, as he showed in the CT final.
My lineup

Fakhar
Sarfraz
Babar
Haris
Malik
Hafeez
Faheem
Shadab
Hasan
Raees
Junaid

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What's wrong with motivating his players?
Taking a bowler off after he went for runs will affect his confidence. Shadab is a frontline bowler, and he should be given confidence even of he concedes a boundary or two. Although i agree that the pacers were underutilised and should've been brought back earlier.

I didn't see a single motivational expression from over 35th to 48th rather than just panic and anger. Giving over to frontline bowler is fair enough but instead of giving him confidence when he was getting hit, Sarfraz face was there to watch for.... He needs to get calm

PS: Yup Pakistan after getting smacked by India, then Smacked every team including India in finals and currently is on a great ODI run. Although a lot of improvements are required. Sarfraz needs to improve his own performance as well. He should move up the order and become more responsible as a batsman. For the next ODI, I'd suggest just one change, Fahim Ashraf in place of Imad but I highly doubt this will happen

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I didn't see a single motivational expression from over 35th to 48th rather than just panic and anger. Giving over to frontline bowler is fair enough but instead of giving him confidence when he was getting hit, Sarfraz face was there to watch for.... He needs to get calm
Sometimes the captain's anger can motivate you. I agree that he has a lot to learn, but hasn't he done well so far in ODIs and T20s? We should look at the positives as well, because the glass is definitely half full, and not half empty.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have to say that I agree more with @Rehan_24 in this case. Sarfaraz gets very over emotional at times, no need to micromanage international players which could lead to Sarfaraz making mistakes - recalling the WI missed runout couple of series back when he was busy scolding the fielder rather than getting rid of the bails.

Although, it should be noted that he has been terrific so far but with a long way still to go. Hope he continues to promote the attacking mindset that he brings to the game.

Lets win the game today and start playing Fahim Ashraf, Haris Sohail and other talented lads in the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread