Sri Lanka Tour of the UAE and Pakistan - September/October 2017

Which of these batsmen deserves to be selected in Pakistan's Test squad?

• Total voters

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Steamrolled Sri Lanka... Sarfraz has diverse bowlers lineup, However I believe that had with some more wiser strategy, SL could have booked under 100....

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I am failed to understand the captain's strategy here... Why is he not going for a Kill here? Hasan Ali has 6 overs left and so is Junaid Khan, Are you saving their overs for the death ones?? Strange....

Apparently, Sarfraz not utilizing Junaid as strength at all, He seemed to me as a part timer than a full time bowler. Despite everyone knows that Junaid is quite good with his yorkers in the death overs.... yet Sarfraz is reluctant to have some confidence on the supposedly main strike bowler. It doesn't smell right. Fahim Ashraf deserved chance if he is fit. Imad with this performance will again be selected for a number of matches now.

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
5-0 On the way Insha'ALLAH The clean sweep should have been the rest of test series as well Had Pakistan not become too overconfident and selection committee wouldn't select openers like Sami and Shan

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Apparently Shinware has made Shawarma of SL batting lineup :p Awesome Stuff

PS: It was a foolish decision to have open the bowl with Fahim Ashraf by resting Junaid. It seems to me that Junaid is not in the plans of Sarfarz. Fahim deserved a place in place of Imad Wasim. Also I thought that Shehzad should get another chance here in place of Fakhar Zaman who is still banking on the CT final performance. Zaman has to perform now well

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The fast bowling talent is so good. Just wow.
One thing i'd like to criticise is the inability to dismiss the lower order quickly. It will cost us against the like of Buttler, Moeen Ali, Stoinis, de Grandhomme, Morris, Woakes, Pandya etc.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The fast bowling talent is so good. Just wow.
One thing i'd like to criticise is the inability to dismiss the lower order quickly. It will cost us against the like of Buttler, Moeen Ali, Stoinis, de Grandhomme, Morris, Woakes, Pandya etc.

True and this really depends on how you are using your bowlers to bowl them out. Its captain's art more than the talent itself.

A 5-0 booking for Sri Lanka. Pakistan was just too good in the series, There is no competition between the two sides in the One days. Well done Team Pakistan! Totally outplayed the opposition. The world cricket can see the pace battery here. A great consistent plan for the lineup and can do huge wonders in the 2019 World Cup! The Winning Streak still continues Alhamdulillah :) So I'd say once again say the CT Slogan, Who's Next? :)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Although to me Shinwari is a one-trick pony, but today I saw a little bit of inswing (for right-handers) from him aswell. I hope he gets few weeks training from someone like Wasim Akram to develop that inswing otherwise it will be difficult for him to stay at his best against good batsmen. As a whole Sarfraz is wasting himself at No.06, he should bat as an opener plus Faheem should be a regular feature in lower middle order because you can not afford to miss good starts given by players like Fakhar or Babar Azam. To me this is my ideal ODI lineup moving forward for 2019 WC

Fakhar Zaman
Sarfraz Ahmed
Babar Azam
Muhammad Hafeez
Harris Sohail
Shoaib Malik
Shadab Khan
Faheem Ashraf
Hassan Ali
Muhammad Amir
Junaid Khan/ Rumman Raees

Faheem should be given maximum chances so that he can develop his bowling, he is essential for the balance of this team specially in England.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well done Pakistan and especially Usman Khan. Expected 5-0 from the start but again what a pathetic performance from Sri Lanka in the odis. They may have won the test series against an unsettled Pak side but they are just awful in Odis now. They have got a solid opening pair, but their middle order plays way too slow and wastes the great foundation provided by the openers. Clearly they need some revamp in the batting order.

Users who are viewing this thread