Steam update for DBC17 released

These are my bowling figures using the same settings.

How do you bowl as your spinners? Do you flight the ball a lot? I tend to just bowl mostly good length, non-flighted, non bounce stock deliveries with the odd variation thrown in.

How do you bowl as your spinners? Do you flight the ball a lot? I tend to just bowl mostly good length, non-flighted, non bounce stock deliveries with the odd variation thrown in.

Yeah that's precisely how I bowl.

Maybe it has something to do with me having a non-default field? It's fairly attacking with two bat pad catchers.

Last edited:
And remind me do you play on Hard or Hardest bowling?

Hardest. I'm using a default attacking field now and Du Plessis nicks behind off the spinner. 392/4.

I might do a stream tomorrow but I guess everyone will get the patch fairly soon as things look.

One problem I have with spin bowling is i never seem to be able to bowl flatter. Even with the effort ball right trigger depressed the speed is still always in the mid 80s.

Last edited:
Hardest. I'm using a default attacking field now and Du Plessis nicks behind off the spinner. 392/4.

I might do a stream tomorrow but I guess everyone will get the patch fairly soon as things look.

One problem I have with spin bowling is i never seem to be able to bowl flatter. Even with the effort ball right trigger depressed the speed is still always in the mid 80s.

You need to use the "bounce" modifier. In my experience this doesn't actually make the ball bounce much more but it will increase your speed and have a flatter trajectory.

You need to use the "bounce" modifier. In my experience this doesn't actually make the ball bounce much more but it will increase your speed and have a flatter trajectory.

I'm massively intrigued. I would record some gameplay but FRAPS is on one at the moment on my PC.

However it's just puzzling as from the scorecard I posted Iv not taken one batpad yet.

Do you release right at the top of green? I find they play that shot when the input isn't great.

If AI batting struggles due to poor bowling or when the input isn't great, it needs to be highlighted to Big Ant. One would expect that poor bowling or poor bowling input should reduce the chance to dismiss the AI batsman,and not the opposite!

If it's possible, do test out the theory of AI batsmen struggling against poor bowling so Big Ant have time to tweak the AI before Patch 4 is finalized as this could very well be the reason for poor AI totals.

Last edited:
Yeah that's precisely how I bowl.

Maybe it has something to do with me having a non-default field? It's fairly attacking with two bat pad catchers.

Is it possible for you to try a couple of matches with regular fields, neither over-attacking nor too defensive, i.e. the sort we see in Tests - 2 slips, Backward Point, Cover, Mid Off, Mid On, Silly Mid On, Deep fine leg and Square Leg.

This might help figure out the issue.

Don't bother with this, I just disproved the theory that it's the hard pitch that causes it. This was played on a slow/dusty/pristine/no cracks just like Lang said:

c9b23474dd.png

Guess where Kumar was fielding. ;) I even got a 4-fer with Rohit Sharma who is a 44 rated off-spinner... India made 550 simulating btw.

And here's a screenshot showing me getting "Perfect" release, as was the same with all the wickets.

8d785b31ae.png

You are making me nervous :eek:

B
Well this won't calm your nerves. Decided to knock the bowling difficulty down to Hard before enforcing the follow-on, still on Veteran.

Not much better...

d621cb1aad.png

What are your fields like.......we have to realise that every game can be broken and we have to give a bit of leeway: I am not having these experiences at all...

B

What are your fields like.......we have to realise that every game can be broken and we have to give a bit of leeway: I am not having these experiences at all...

It's just the default "very-attacking" fields, I don't alter them at all. If having a silly mid-on breaks the game I don't know what to say...

It's just the default "very-attacking" fields, I don't alter them at all. If having a silly mid-on breaks the game I don't know what to say...

If possible it'd be nice to see you stream at least a session on Twitch showcasing the problem. Should certainly be helpful to the devs and testers in locating the issue.

B

That's what i was going to say. Sometimes in these cricket games people can find ways of getting the opposition out cheaply e.g. bowling straight all the time etc i am not saying that Spoobir is doing that but it can happen. i remember in EA Cricket 2004 you could get the opposition out cheaply. i always play randomly and don't follow a script, enjoy the games way more. If there is an issue i am sure the Beta Testers would have identified a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread