Steam update for DBC17 released

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Disagree sorry. The problem is the shot, not the fielding. It's day 2 on a flat track, the AI should not be giving me that many chances, regardless of whether they're taken or not.

It's veteran/hardest and you already saw how well they did on legendary. If the AI is performing worse on harder difficulties then that is a problem in itself...

That's interesting, are you absolutely sure you have the latest build? I'll do some further testing but I am finding it impossible to take wickets on that level myself and I bowl in the greens pretty much all the time.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
the shot is a problem certainly, but even if it was a defensive edge, the short leg travelling like that to catch it is not on.

14a098e307.png

His Run Speed is 76.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me but I agree the close fielders are a bit too quick/nimble.

48d05fbae5.png

My version number from credits screen.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Disagree sorry. The problem is the shot, not the fielding. It's day 2 on a flat track, the AI should not be giving me that many chances, regardless of whether they're taken or not.

I think it'd be helpful if when these issues occur, you not only make these videos, but you give as much information as possible. The videos are fine and it's great that you say day 2 on a flat track, that's something, good.

Also supplying difficulty levels for batting, bowling & general. Inspecting stats for bowler, batsman and catching fielder for anything high or low. Things like that may give more of a clue in whats going on.

It may just be this thread, but in general I feel like some with the PC latest aren't being as informative towards BA as they could be in the manner of reporting these things as there could be a reason, in the particulars of your own set up, why it's happening to you and not so much to others. Don't get me wrong, reporting these things is for the best, but it's about assisting the bug hunting surely.

One question I have is, are you getting more bat-pads on the on or off side or a mix? :)

Spoobir

One question I have is, are you getting more bat-pads on the on or off side or a mix? :)

Pretty much 100% of them go to silly mid-on.

Bishoo's stats:

d6a03f4b64.png

@Langeveldt do you know if you're playing your match on a hard or soft wicket btw? I've not played on a soft wicket on this patch, but I've always had the feeling that wickets are harder to come by when the wicket is soft.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors

Bishoo's stats:

d6a03f4b64.png

@Langeveldt do you know if you're playing your match on a hard or soft wicket btw? I've not played on a soft wicket on this patch, but I've always had the feeling that wickets are harder to come by when the wicket is soft.

I am playing on a day 1 (2 now) soft dusty pristine unworn pitch.

Mr Snrub

International Coach

Whelp... Not much to say really.

I have no idea what people who claim the bat-pad issue is fixed are doing, because it sure as hell doesn't seem like it to me.

Aside from the low total, the bat-pads happening far to often in that video and the domination of edges, I can see one other thing that's been a problem in the past for DBC, have no idea if it's an issue in the latest PC builds and that's fielders travelling too far/fast for their catches relative to their proximity to the ball.

I've no idea if BA can program this, but I feel it'd probably be good if fielders were quicker once the ball has hit the ground. In the air I'd be more content with them being slightly (or even quite a bit) slower to travel to the ball, as in real life you're also poising to catch which does slow you a little. Once it's on the ground we all hit our sprint for the ball, so if something could be programmed like that, it may tone down the run-for-a-mile catches and maybe even the closer in ones a little too.

Spoobir

I am playing on a day 1 (2 now) soft dusty pristine unworn pitch.

So could possibly be extra bounce that the AI struggles with. Which is absolutely correct in terms of realism and in the previous West Indies inning where they got knocked over by the Aussie quicks it felt very natural, but if the extra bounce is also what's producing all the bat-pads that could be an issue to look at.

Mr Snrub

International Coach

Well that's an interesting imbalance in itself.

So could possibly be extra bounce that the AI struggles with. Which is absolutely correct in terms of realism and in the previous West Indies inning where they got knocked over by the Aussie quicks it felt very natural, but if the extra bounce is also what's producing all the bat-pads that could be an issue to look at.

If it is extra bounce, do you mean to say that it sounds like it's having an effect on fuller deliveries and causing them to pop?

Spoobir

Well that's an interesting imbalance in itself.

If it is extra bounce, do you mean to say that it sounds like it's having an effect on fuller deliveries and causing them to pop?

Possible, could also effect how hard they hit the ball onto their pad as well?

I think pretty much all those wickets were "good" length.

I cant go and test on a soft wicket right now but I will later.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Possible, could also effect how hard they hit the ball onto their pad as well?

I think pretty much all those wickets were "good" length.

I cant go and test on a soft wicket right now but I will later.

Not for a second saying your making any of this up.

However it's just puzzling as from the scorecard I posted Iv not taken one batpad yet.

Do you release right at the top of green? I find they play that shot when the input isn't great.

It's a shame your having the issue as personally I'm having great games. Any chance of some footage of you bowling and it occurring?

gunit123

County Cricketer
What is the experience like (in terms of "bat-pad" dismissals) when batting? How often does it occur?

Spoobir

Not for a second saying your making any of this up.

However it's just puzzling as from the scorecard I posted Iv not taken one batpad yet.

Do you release right at the top of green? I find they play that shot when the input isn't great.

It's a shame your having the issue as personally I'm having great games. Any chance of some footage of you bowling and it occurring?

Sometimes I'll only get "okay" spin but I pretty much always get "perfect" release.

Maybe, if they get the chance, blocker/wealey/lang could do a test on a hard/dry/pristine/no cracks wicket and see if they get more bat-pads?

Last edited:

Spoobir

Maybe, if they get the chance, blocker/wealey/lang could do a test on a hard/dry/pristine/no cracks wicket and see if they get more bat-pads?

Don't bother with this, I just disproved the theory that it's the hard pitch that causes it. This was played on a slow/dusty/pristine/no cracks just like Lang said:

c9b23474dd.png

Guess where Kumar was fielding. ;) I even got a 4-fer with Rohit Sharma who is a 44 rated off-spinner... India made 550 simulating btw.

And here's a screenshot showing me getting "Perfect" release, as was the same with all the wickets.

8d785b31ae.png

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Clearly you are bowling to a plan ;)

On a serious note I noticed that a new Beta patch appeared. Beta testers is there anything you can/are allowed to share?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
These are my bowling figures using the same settings.

20170515160302_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread