Steam update for DBC17 released

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
you need to select custom difficulty for batting or bowling whichever one you want to modify in the match start scene.
thanx @grkrama

But can I choose to select that batting or bowling difficulty while in game??? in that gameplay modifier settings screen. It gives options to change the batting bowling difficulty to easy hard etc. can we change it in game.

graham

Club Captain
We console players will have to be patient , we are getting all the patches being tested by people who care about making a great cricket game .
It will be 3 weeks at least for it to be passed by Sony/Xbox , once sent in.
Yes we have a playable game (PS4) but not enjoyable as DB14 till the patch hits

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One possibility (in relation to your overthrow issue) is that blocker may not be experiencing it and chaman could be because of..... setting certain fields (either custom or preset - most likely custom). Some fields seem to result in overthrows more commonly and I'd imagine it'd mostly be custom ones. Even if there are players backing up from the other side.

The fact that people are using different fields (some just stick to preset), might be masking the issue so as it could be under-reported. It may have less to do with online/offline and more to do with field sets. That's just a guess though.

@Acid Burn @Max Walker i've actually experienced more problems with overthrows offline (perhaps understandable as i have played it much more). it's generally a result of throwing to early so it reaches the keeper as he's on the run

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We console players will have to be patient , we are getting all the patches being tested by people who care about making a great cricket game .
It will be 3 weeks at least for it to be passed by Sony/Xbox , once sent in.
Yes we have a playable game (PS4) but not enjoyable as DB14 till the patch hits
Correctly said patient is the key here...Seriously man I am just playing on pc for namesake actual excitement and enjoyment would be in console..... it's so smooth and bigger tv to play on rather than monitors :facepalm

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
my point is they need not have to match with pc and put everything in one go for consoles they can split into two different releases .whn ever they release the build final they can match that time with pc .
I don't think it's as straight forward a process to submit for console as you think. I'm not an expert by any means, but I think if it was as easy as it is on Steam, they would have done it. You have to remember that consoles are highly insular and controlled environments. Any vulnerabilities can bring the whole network down and damage peoples hardware if not done properly. The same can be said of PC, but no one is "responsible" for this on PC the way MS and Sony are for XB/PS.

Have patience grasshopper

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't think it's as straight forward a process to submit for console as you think. I'm not an expert by any means, but I think if it was as easy as it is on Steam, they would have done it. You have to remember that consoles are highly insular and controlled environments. Any vulnerabilities can bring the whole network down and damage peoples hardware if not done properly. The same can be said of PC, but no one is "responsible" for this on PC the way MS and Sony are for XB/PS.

Have patience grasshopper

What is grasshopper doing here? What it means?

grkrama

National Board President
But can I choose to select that batting or bowling difficulty while in game??? in that gameplay modifier settings screen. It gives options to change the batting bowling difficulty to easy hard etc. can we change it in game.

you can save exit and change while resuming, i dont know if it can be changed in game.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@Acid Burn @Max Walker i've actually experienced more problems with overthrows offline (perhaps understandable as i have played it much more). it's generally a result of throwing to early so it reaches the keeper as he's on the run

The one your talking about is understandable.

The one I talk about (Ive submitted video`s off this in the bugs thread months back) is the one where the Keeper/Bowler/Backup fielder acts totally ignorant of the fact that a cricket ball is hurled at them .

This results in the guys either getting hit on the body , or if they get missed , the backup fielders gets the ball somewhere on the body , and if they are missed as well , then the ball races to the boundary , with the boundary runner fielder running from the fields boundary to the other side of the rope , and then waits there for the ball to arrive , resulting in a four.

Below a link to some of the issues experienced online , if your uncertain what I mean.
DBC17 Bug Reporting - PS4/Xbox One | Page 5 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Last edited:

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
you can save exit and change while resuming

Thanx man, will check, since I dont remember if it asks while we resume an ongoing game after exiting it , even in career mode.

will check

Mr Snrub

International Coach
The one your talking about is understandable.

The one I talk about (Ive submitted video`s off this in the bugs thread months back) is the one where the Keeper/Bowler/Backup fielder acts totally ignorant of the fact that a cricket ball is hurled at them .

This results in the guys either getting hit on the body , or if they get missed , the backup fielders gets the ball somewhere on the body , and if they are missed as well , then the ball races to the boundary , with the boundary runner fielder running from the fields boundary to the other side of the rope , and then waits there for the ball to arrive , resulting in a four.

Below a link to some of the issues experienced online , if your uncertain what I mean.
DBC17 Bug Reporting - PS4/Xbox One | Page 5 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Watched the videos and that looks a pretty irritating bug. Seems hard at the moment to find out what has been fixed or not, as we have to just hear "well it's not happening to me" from the beta testers. That's great that it hasn't and very encouraging, but I get the impression you yourself are unsure because of the language used leads you to think that perhaps there's not dense enough online testing to be sure. Odd for it to happen in one format (online), but not the other (offline).

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Watched the videos and that looks a pretty irritating bug. Seems hard at the moment to find out what has been fixed or not, as we have to just hear "well it's not happening to me" from the beta testers. That's great that it hasn't and very encouraging, but I get the impression you yourself are unsure because of the language used leads you to think that perhaps there's not dense enough online testing to be sure. Odd for it to happen in one format (online), but not the other (offline).

It's just simply what I said yesterday (going by what was said in the beta group).

From what i understood most of the "bugs" in online aren't issues in code where they can say oh let's fix this typo or change this value, but are the consequence of data loss and the two machines having different data and creating an anomalous result. They have made changes to handle data loss better but the nature of connections and data loss means they cannot say "issue x is definitely fixed".

instead of people deciding that means online has been ignored they simply have to accept it's the nature of online play and why even the biggest games have online issues.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I understand 100 percent , that most of the issues , except maybe the Overthrows issue , stems from the connection speed and quality of connection (jitter?)

They should however just try and refine the code more , as in DBC14 it was better in handling the data loss etc.

That should squish or minimise most of the issues. I understand the difficulty .

There`s a good reason why my league is for local South African based players only , but even then we encounter some issues.....

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
I understand 100 percent , that most of the issues , except maybe the Overthrows issue , stems from the connection speed and quality of connection (jitter?)

They should however just try and refine the code more , as in DBC14 it was better in handling the data loss etc.

That should squish or minimise most of the issues. I understand the difficulty .

There`s a good reason why my league is for local South African based players only , but even then we encounter some issues.....

I was playing FIFA online the other day and I noticed that sometimes the players seem to have no idea where the ball is on the pitch. I'd like to be clear this isn't lag but rather the players not being automatically drawn to the ball as they would in offline mode.

This lack of awareness of the balls seems similar to DB17 as the players again can sometimes lose the ball's location. It seems even the biggest games struggle with this it's just that due to the nature of cricket from time to time it can be more noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread