Steam update for DBC17 released

It's just simply what I said yesterday (going by what was said in the beta group).

From what i understood most of the "bugs" in online aren't issues in code where they can say oh let's fix this typo or change this value, but are the consequence of data loss and the two machines having different data and creating an anomalous result. They have made changes to handle data loss better but the nature of connections and data loss means they cannot say "issue x is definitely fixed".

instead of people deciding that means online has been ignored they simply have to accept it's the nature of online play and why even the biggest games have online issues.

This makes a lot of sense. For example, pretty hard to stop an overthrow when the keeper/bowler doesn't know it's coming.

Pretty hard to code for online in ways that allow for lack of data.

I understand 100 percent , that most of the issues , except maybe the Overthrows issue , stems from the connection speed and quality of connection (jitter?)

They should however just try and refine the code more , as in DBC14 it was better in handling the data loss etc.

That should squish or minimise most of the issues. I understand the difficulty .

There`s a good reason why my league is for local South African based players only , but even then we encounter some issues.....

If only you had given this feedback earlier. Just refine it Big Ant. That simple.

For anyone who knows, is Patch 4 containing any stability fixes for console when playing at created stadiums. Im speaking with regard to playing night games at created stadiums and frame rate really jittering.

Can allways bank on a snarky comment from Snowy .

At least your constantly in the same shitty mood , so it sort of gets accepted.

I mean, I've repeatedly said the thread is for interim patch feedback, and here you are continually not giving feedback on the interim patches. If you were attempting to moderate this thread with all the useless posts, you'd be annoyed too

Whelp... Not much to say really.

I have no idea what people who claim the bat-pad issue is fixed are doing, because it sure as hell doesn't seem like it to me.

Couldn't agree more. As I said above 80% of my dismissals yesterday as a leggie was via that method.

I have no idea what people who claim the bat-pad issue is fixed are doing, because it sure as hell doesn't seem like it to me.
The worst part is where you've said "this isn't the same dismissal" the hand is nowhere near the ball :eek: glad I haven't updated yet

Have to agree with you with this one. AI plays too many onto the pads. I don't generally have a forward short leg or a silly mid on for fast bowlers at least, hence was not noticing this. But yesterday I was conscious and noticed that every second delivery swinging away from the left-hander pitched on or outside leg stump or coming into the batsmen in general would result into AI playing this shot. I cannot help but feel this shot completely needs to be removed or maybe make the AI middle it more often so it goes in the correct direction and not onto the pads.

I must mention though that real bat-pads from forward blocks are also in the game and the probability is almost perfect I would say.

Last edited:
The worst part is where you've said "this isn't the same dismissal" the hand is nowhere near the ball :eek: glad I haven't updated yet

I don't really care about animation quirks to be honest. There are very few video games that will look great zoomed right in with super slowmo. Core gameplay is what we need to work on and right now the bat-pads and the AI playing too many lofted shots are what is killing test matches.

I can only say in 185+ overs across 3 innings & 2 matches on latest build I got 3 or 4 and nothing as hideous as those. My problem with those aren't the chance it's a short leg travelling 5+ metres for a catch... these should be giving you the frustration of them not going to hand not shit cheap wickets. I'd look at Holder's stats.

I'd love to get one of those now. I have SA 370 odd for 3 and don't look anything like taking a wicket, let alone a bat pad. It has to be connected with the difficulty level, surely?

I can only say in 185+ overs across 3 innings & 2 matches on latest build I got 3 or 4 and nothing as hideous as those. My problem with those aren't the chance it's a short leg travelling 5+ metres for a catch... these should be giving you the frustration of them not going to hand not shit cheap wickets. I'd look at Holder's stats.

Disagree sorry. The problem is the shot, not the fielding. It's day 2 on a flat track, the AI should not be giving me that many chances, regardless of whether they're taken or not.

I'd love to get one of those now. I have SA 370 odd for 3 and don't look anything like taking a wicket, let alone a bat pad. It has to be connected with the difficulty level, surely?

It's veteran/hardest and you already saw how well they did on legendary. If the AI is performing worse on harder difficulties then that is a problem in itself...

Disagree sorry. The problem is the shot, not the fielding. It's day 2 on a flat track, the AI should not be giving me that many chances, regardless of whether they're taken or not.

It's veteran/hardest and you already saw how well they did on legendary. If the AI is performing worse on harder difficulties then that is a problem in itself...

the shot is a problem certainly, but even if it was a defensive edge, the short leg travelling like that to catch it is not on.

Users who are viewing this thread