AMA Sure, what the hell.. Ask me (VC the slogger)

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
Don't I? :p

TBH I had kinda drifted out for a while until I watched a former alcoholic cousin of mine transform himself from fat to fit, which really inspired me to get back into the game myself. Currently I follow this crazy 7-days-a-week routine which I started sometime in late September involving five days of weight training, three of boxing practice and two of cardiovascular endurance/HIIT (which needless to say is way more than he does). And when not working out, I have also been volunteering for laborious tasks such as carrying heavy statues of idols from various pujas (festivals of worship) we have here in India into rivers for immersion, even though I'm an atheist to further challenge myself.

The latter can be considered a somewhat dangerous task given we (usually a group of 5-6 people, and not all capable of lifting heavy) have to carry heavy loads ranging from 100 to 150 kg (sometimes higher) all the way into the extremely muddy and slippery banks of the Ganges river, and the slightest mishap can cause serious injury or worse. But what's life without a bit of risk?

Oh, yes. I personally care for a black lab named Bagheera/Kala (which means Black) who is aged 9 years but still quite fit and agile. We have two other black labs named Lucky and Munny, a pug (the Vodafone kind) and a chihuahua in the family.

I love Labradors, we had one when we were younger, she lived to be 14yrs old before collapsing in our living room. :(

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't I? :p

TBH I had kinda drifted out for a while until I watched a former alcoholic cousin of mine transform himself from fat to fit, which really inspired me to get back into the game myself. Currently I follow this crazy 7-days-a-week routine which I started sometime in late September involving five days of weight training, three of boxing practice and two of cardiovascular endurance/HIIT (which needless to say is way more than he does). And when not working out, I have also been volunteering for laborious tasks such as carrying heavy statues of idols from various pujas (festivals of worship) we have here in India into rivers for immersion, even though I'm an atheist to further challenge myself.

The latter can be considered a somewhat dangerous task given we (usually a group of 5-6 people, and not all capable of lifting heavy) have to carry heavy loads ranging from 100 to 150 kg (sometimes higher) all the way into the extremely muddy and slippery banks of the Ganges river, and the slightest mishap can cause serious injury or worse. But what's life without a bit of risk?

Oh, yes. I personally care for a black lab named Bagheera/Kala (which means Black) who is aged 9 years but still quite fit and agile. We have two other black labs named Lucky and Munny, a pug (the Vodafone kind) and a chihuahua in the family.
Well I certainly won’t be arguing with you if meet in a dark alley :p Looking good bro

lifting 100-150kg seems impressive to me, make sure you keep it up !

Presumably it’s improved your confidence and mental state :cheers

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
I love Labradors, we had one when we were younger, she lived to be 14yrs old before collapsing in our living room. :(

Very sorry to hear. We originally used to have five labs, but lost three due to old age over the last couple of years. Miss them every day but they live on in our hearts and memories.

Well I certainly won’t be arguing with you if meet in a dark alley :p Looking good bro

lifting 100-150kg seems impressive to me, make sure you keep it up !

Presumably it’s improved your confidence and mental state :cheers

Lol, I generally try to avoid dark alleys myself. :p

Yeah, definitely aiming to go better with each day. I would say it has helped improve my self-confidence a great deal, and I believe it's something everyone who is able to should attempt. Not necessarily lifting heavy weights and stuff, but some form of physical exercise for 30 mins or so everyday. Being active always helps keep the mind fresh I've found and just makes you feel better throughout the day.

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
Very sorry to hear. We originally used to have five labs, but lost three due to old age over the last couple of years. Miss them every day but they live on in our hearts and memories.

Lol, I generally try to avoid dark alleys myself. :p

Yeah, definitely aiming to go better with each day. I would say it has helped improve my self-confidence a great deal, and I believe it's something everyone who is able to should attempt. Not necessarily lifting heavy weights and stuff, but some form of physical exercise for 30 mins or so everyday. Being active always helps keep the mind fresh I've found and just makes you feel better throughout the day.

Losing a pet is as bad as losing a family member. One of my staff recently lost his cat, she was about 17yrs old and he and his wife were devastated. And a colleague has a 2yr old lab, she was being trained as a guide dog for the blind but wasn't suitable so colleague adopted her, he said she's like a big fluffy baby! :p

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Whats your highest score in cricket? (any cricket)

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Any plans to continue Cricket at The Olympics?

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
When will I get what I want? (LOL)

Look, there’s just no way for me to post a detailed guide right now. Instead, I’ve added you to a conversation I had with another member regarding the same.

It really is the best I can do for now.

How did you stumble upon PC?

By searching for Cricket 07 mods on the internet.

What keeps you motivated in life?

Belief in my own abilities and the determination to improve myself by learning new things. Listening to a lot of Eminem also helps.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Whats your highest score in cricket? (any cricket)

I haven’t played any serious cricket tbh, but I remember once scoring some 60-odd from about 50 or so balls with 9 sixes ‘cause I used to be fat and hated to run.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Where have you been? Not active here even in lockdown, all good?

I’ve been stuck in my office building ever since the lockdown began without a proper working laptop because mine’s still at home. Which means I’m really not in any position to be running leagues and stuff, hence the inactivity. But all good otherwise.

Any plans to continue Cricket at The Olympics?

I would love to but I can’t really make any promises right now. Me resuming that league would depend on how soon I can get back to managing leagues again, which won’t be until the lockdown is finally lifted. And then there’s also the question of me renewing my Cricket Archive membership, without which I really can’t run the league at the standard at which I normally do.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
We hope that you are and will be safe from the danger.

Yeah, me too. Myself and six others are currently locked down here, but we’re doing mostly okay. This place is huge so at least there’s enough space to move around, and we also have a bunch of weights to help us stay fit, and more luckily a Netflix connection.

Users who are viewing this thread