TAOC Commentators!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Any need for an American commentator? Haha.

Actually, looks like you don't have any Indian commentators. I can also pull off a pretty good West Indian accent if you don't get any in that regard. I'll see if I can record some stuff while watching the India-Lions game today.

If you want the game to be realistic, you would have to get some Arun Lal into it, eh?

arun lal is required although he can sometimes get irritating !!! :p
just gimme a sample mate.....;)

Just checked my mic and its working, so I'll deffo be entering the running.

This is a sample of my appauling commentary in 22kHz

http://files-upload.com/372479/taoccommentarybyandy82.rar.html

very good commentary mate...we needed a british accent as the commentary dept was overflowing with aussies :p

andy82

Club Cricketer
Its quite weird really because on those I sound like a snob whilst on a 360 mic I sound like I was living in Albert Square :)

andy82

Club Cricketer
BTW, are we going to have commentary teams or is it only going to be a lone commentator?

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
I'll have a go, I have a very deep voice, and can do some accents

How is this audition, commentary whatever thing doing, what is happening exactly

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
I'll have a go, I have a very deep voice, and can do some accents

How is this audition, commentary whatever thing doing, what is happening exactly

well...there is no specific lines to be read for the audition...just imagine
yourself some good lines and record it in a way which would also show your commentary skills :)

BTW, are we going to have commentary teams or is it only going to be a lone commentator?

obviously commentary teams :p

Last edited:

cnbd_novice

International Coach
well...there is no specific lines to be read for the audition...just imagine
yourself some good lines and record it in a way which would also show your commentary skills :)

Erm..would it matter if we used the lines provided in the Comentary Lines thread?? The lack of cricket for me for the past 3 years had really killed my cricket imagination.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Erm..would it matter if we used the lines provided in the Comentary Lines thread?? The lack of cricket for me for the past 3 years had really killed my cricket imagination.

lol k.....any lines that would show your commentary skills ;)

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I shall record tonight and upload.

I could always do a 12th Man 'Final Dig' style audition by recording myself hosting Nine's cricket like all those guys did to replace Richie. Great stuff.

Here is small sample, I can always record more if needed, but I am quite busy at the curent minute. More later if you want. It's quite tiny really: http://www.zshare.net/audio/27242728e24a57/

Last edited:

lancashire666

International Coach
Its quite weird really because on those I sound like a snob whilst on a 360 mic I sound like I was living in Albert Square :)

a 360 mic?
do you mean a mic which records from all around (omni-directional)
if so i would recomemd that people dont record with this type of microphone, it will pic up to much room sound and reflections and wont sound like the commentary on cricket broadcast, which use either cardioid or hyper-cardioid polar patterns

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
a 360 mic?
do you mean a mic which records from all around (omni-directional)
if so i would recomemd that people dont record with this type of microphone, it will pic up to much room sound and reflections and wont sound like the commentary on cricket broadcast, which use either cardioid or hyper-cardioid polar patterns
360 - As in the Xbox 360 headset

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
all your impressions sound exactly the same. Stick to the cricket talk, talking to yourself isnt cool ;)

:P

LMFAO !!! that wasnt the one i wanted to post :P
the title says for itself....
anyways....have edited to the real one...now check this one out :)

Users who are viewing this thread