TAOC Commentators!

mr_bunch1-

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No offense guys but anyone other than a professional commentator in this game will sound crap. From what I have seen of this game if you do some marketing I reckon you could get a real commentator who would be willing to help you out. You have to pay them of course. I'm not talking a Richie Benaud but perhaps someone who has just recently started cricket commentry. Just a thought.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No offense guys but anyone other than a professional commentator in this game will sound crap. From what I have seen of this game if you do some marketing I reckon you could get a real commentator who would be willing to help you out. You have to pay them of course. I'm not talking a Richie Benaud but perhaps someone who has just recently started cricket commentry. Just a thought.

The problem with that though is this is a completely amateur game so we don't have the money to pay a professional commentator, or the means of contacting one. Also, the people working on it are from all over the world. LM is from Australia and JK is from India. So, even if we did get a professional commentator in, there would be problems when it comes to arranging a time and a place for recording.

Just because the commentator isn't professional doesn't mean he will sound crap. From some of the samples posted here, amateur commentators could do a really good job with the game.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I disagree. I'm sure there are members on this forum who are far better than some professional commentators--Arun Lal being the prime example. Commentary in a game means that you don't really need to know what you're talking about, you just need to be able to pull it off.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
And we wont obviously use one commentator like the EA sports people do! We will maybe have different commentators for different countries!

playkid12

Club Captain
Yeah...but I've heard the sounds, and I don't mean to be discouraging bc you guys are doing an excellent job at this game but the commentary seems to be the weakest link. Bluntly said, the people don't sound very good. I remember listening to one guy who comments for this game who posted a sound of an out or a four and he got excited but he couldnt yell b/c either he didnt have good recording technology that'd adjust his volume depending on how loud he spoke or b/c his family/mom was in the other room and he didn't want to bother them/be embarrassed...anyway, his voice filled up with excitement and got airy instead of loud...as if he was yelling from a mile away. It sounded pretty bad. Anyway, just trying to help.

lancashire666

International Coach
Yeah...but I've heard the sounds, and I don't mean to be discouraging bc you guys are doing an excellent job at this game but the commentary seems to be the weakest link. Bluntly said, the people don't sound very good. I remember listening to one guy who comments for this game who posted a sound of an out or a four and he got excited but he couldnt yell b/c either he didnt have good recording technology that'd adjust his volume depending on how loud he spoke or b/c his family/mom was in the other room and he didn't want to bother them/be embarrassed...anyway, his voice filled up with excitement and got airy instead of loud...as if he was yelling from a mile away. It sounded pretty bad. Anyway, just trying to help.

record at low level, than compress and increase the gain, this will solve the problem of large differences in volume level

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think recording of commentary and such will be sorted out once the time comes to record. The main problem with commentary in cricket games at the moment is it is mostly reactive commentary. Which is always going to be an issue when it comes to games, unfortunately. :( Unless LM has some mad algorithms planned. ;)

EDIT - Corrected my oopsy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread