Test playing teams to be knocked out early?

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am with McLovin on this one. The format of the 2007 was the better one. Obviously looking at records, you can say that India were a better team than Bangladesh heading into the 2007 World Cup. But India lost out when it mattered, and Bangladesh capitalised. That makes Bangladesh deserve the spot in the Super 8s. This format doesnt seem to work out. Its basically made to ensure that the top 8 teams go through to the quarters. I mean if thats what ICC really wants, we dont need a proper World Cup just a knock out cup. Same case with Ireland and Pakistan game. Ireland were the better team that day and hence thoroughly deserved to go through.

On the topic - I think its a 50-50 call between Bangladesh and West Indies. It will simply be the case of which team is better on the day. Looking at the conditions, I think Bangladesh would be the slight favorites, but you cant really count the Windies out.

Ireland on the other hand would probably shock another team, but I dont see them making out to the next stage at all.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry ass excuses by some Indian fans as to why their team got knocked out in 2007 WC.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Go back in thread. Bangla supporters would obviosuly want their side to reach the next stage, any team supporter would want so. The discussion kicked off with the fact that certain members thought the Windies would crash out.
No "Bangla" supporters actually brought up anything about Bangladesh. YOU should go back and READ. It was YOU who speculated things, and twisted and turned and made the discussion about Bangladesh (just because that's part of me), and the match against Ind in WC 07. And I wasted my time trying to move past it, and stick to the main topic.

And you are right, no ████ "Bangla" supporters would want their team to reach the next stage and so would any other team fans. Why does that bite you in the ass? That still doesn't make the discussion about Bangladesh. Or any certain team for that matter. I don't even want to go into the idea of you thinking 07 match was a lucky match for Ban. It's sports. Go read some books and stories on underdogs.

And let me explain what the discussion was about, all over again. It was about WORLD CUP FORMAT!

Lose the narrow mind, and arrogance. Tired of how some of you boys think you are some kinda Shewag, you can say w/e you want.

Like they say, never argue with a fool ? they will drag you down to their evel, then beat you. I know you realized that you made some stupid comments, but you just won't give up, "I stick to what I say" - even you don't believe in what you said anymore.

----------

And stop calling out other fans, "oh these fans are worst than that". Look back at what you guys did to your team 4 years ago!

WI, BAN, IRL, all BELIEVE they can beat the top teams. And there isn't anything wrong with that, it's not a crime. Why does that upset some of you so much that you have to call them out?

Last edited:

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Good one! Nice to see a Pakistani fan talk like this. Just for this, I will support Pakistan in 2nd place after India.:D:cheers

I am with you :p

But seriously i admit India is a very good team i am a neutral person generally never gonna say that india is worst team because i am a Pakistani.

Users who are viewing this thread