Test playing teams to be knocked out early?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ I am saying that? No.

But they think "best" teams deserves more matches to get their asses fixed, they needs extra time, they needs that extra push besides being the so called best. What I am saying is, best teams doesn't get knocked out for 1 game. It is not a mater of luck. Ind Pak weren't the best, and they got knocked out. Best teams on that day won. Simple as that. Aus were they best team, and they went through all the way.

And it's annoying how he keeps brining up Bangladesh team into this, out of no where. I feel like I am talking to a wall. Or may be he can't read English. But I will say this one more time. This aint about Bangladesh, nor is it about India. It's about all the top teams vs all the lower ranked and the Asso. teams. And my idea is, all the top teams shouldn't get extra help, and if any body should get that extra advantage is the Asso teams- in order to expand cricket. Which is what I want. Now the fact that some certain guy thinks I am only saying that is because Bangladesh is at the bottom. But even if Ban was top 5, I would stick by this. TOP TEAMS SHOULDN'T NEED EXTRA HELP. If I was a top team, I would take that as an insult and pity. So stop bring Bangladesh up, because I support them.

Am I clear?

Last edited by a moderator:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Let me try and explain this once again.

The format in 2007 was a bad one, not only for India and Pakistan but for the other teams too. Loss in one match in the Group stage could lead to elimination from the tournament. Thus, I maintain that the format was faulty.

@StinkyBoHoon
We didn't deserve. But what I am trying to say has come out in the para above- the format did us in. Had there been two round robins in such a format,I am sure that the results of a particular match would not have mattered much.

McLOVIN said:
But they think "best" teams deserves more matches to get their asses fixed, they needs extra time, they needs that extra push besides being the so called best. What I am saying is, best teams doesn't get knocked out for 1 game. It is not a mater of luck. Ind Pak weren't the best, and they got knocked out. Best teams on that day won

:lol

Face it,you were plain lucky.

McLOVIN said:
And my idea is, all the top teams shouldn't get extra help, and if any body should get that extra advantage is the Asso teams- in order to expand cricket. Which is what I want. Now the fact that some certain guy thinks I am only saying that is because Bangladesh is at the bottom. But even if Ban was top 5, I would stick by this. TOP TEAMS SHOULDN'T NEED EXTRA HELP

Cricket Expansion- Yes.

But at what cost ? You want to help the Associates and the low-ranked teams, make them play more ODI's in between World Cups. Semi-finalists of 2003, Kenya, havent shown their face to most international sides since.

I'll also not back down form saying that if BD weren't a Test nation, no one would have seen them play to this extent. We wouldnt have seen the 4-0 drubbing of NZ.

If you want to help the Associates help them by organizing more matches and not by having World Cup formats based on pure luck,wherein an Associate/low ranked team wins a game and proceeds to the next round.

World Cup is a different ball-game altogether and the ICC needs to understand the same. Promoting these teams in the WC is and will be detrimental to the game of cricket.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
So you admit that you guys didn't deserve to go through? But yet, you complain about the format. huh. Why does the format matter then?

Think w/e you like, you don't lucky for one whole match. Truth is, your legends and superstars got beat up by bunch of high school teenagers! lol. But if that makes you feel little better, helps you get rid of some of that burn you are still holding onto after 4 years(!) then why not. I could careless what you think of the result.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I stick to what I say, the format meant that your team,which got lucky on that day went through.

Anyway, I see no point in continuing the same thin over and over again. Lets wait and watch as to what happens on the 19th.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol at the desperately blind Bangla supporters. they are even worse than the Boom Boom Afridi fans :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Lot of posting in this thread is a great example of why CW is a better place for proper cricket discussion...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Lot of posting in this thread is a great example of why CW is a better place for proper cricket discussion...

Read through what has been written and I am sure even you would agree with a few points. All we , Indians and Pakistanis are trying to say has been portrayed quite well here.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Nope, not really. You're making excuses for the fact that India and Pak didn't win a crucial game and hence not make it through. You want a format where the best sides can get through despite playing crap. But it doesn't work that way. The Ind/BD and Pak/Ire matches were crucial match ups, and if India and Pak really were the better sides then they should have won them. But they didn't.

And I saw the Ind vs. BD match live. BD were by far the better side. They bowled better, fielded better, and batted sensibly after Tamim tore apart our quicks. To insinuate they were lucky is an insult to them; they deserved the win and India didn't. Hence they deserved to go through.

Similarly Pakistan batted horribly and deserved to crash out to an Ireland side who fielded and bowled quite superbly as well. It wasn't amazing, but it was disciplined, and the Pak batsmen gave them no respect and got what was coming to them.

----------

Best teams are already the best. Why do they need extra help? If they are so called best, they should prove it within the time that is given.
In my opinion, that pretty much sums it up. Discussion should have ended there and then.

----------

And you know what's worse? All the petty attacks on BD and their supporters when the discussion was about the format of the 2007 WC, and not the sides. Who the poster supports should have no relevance in the discussion. It was just immature, idiotic and completely irrelevant.

Can't take any of your opinions seriously at all. I used to have some respect for you icyman. Not a lot, but some. It's quickly vanishing. And AP already knows I think he's a total idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread