Test Standard PlayerInfo.bag - UPDATED

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
OK guys I can't give you EXACT numbers to test, as I haven't figured them out for myself yet.

But you could still do some testing for me.

I think that the key to getting the AI to score more slowly is the power attribute. High power means there gona slog and half the time send it out of the park. So hopefully lowering the power attributes should see a more conservative approach to the game.

Now, do you two think you could test out different combinations of values from these ranges? I'm afraid I have zero time at the moment.

Timing 85-90
Precision 78-83
Power 65-70
Control 78-83

You interested in giving that a go AusFan and Bumba?

AusFan

School Cricketer
No probs Pingusten I'll try and get some serious testing in this weekend.

AusFan

School Cricketer
Good news! I think I have found a good combo of stats:D Bangladesh (The AI) ended up 5 - 362 on a completely flat track after 50 overs with the following stats - Timing - 85
Precision - 83
Power - 68
Control - 83

I'll continue testing but it'd be great if someone could use these stats and report back on their experiences.

AusFan

School Cricketer
Good news! I think I have found a good combo of stats:D Bangladesh (The AI) ended up 5 - 362 on a completely flat track after 50 overs with the following stats - Timing - 85
Precision - 83
Power - 68
Control - 83

I'll continue testing but it'd be great if someone could use these stats and report back on their experiences.

ulukai

Club Cricketer
this q may sound a bit lame: did the AI play lofted shots? :) oh, and which ground was it on? -thx

AusFan

School Cricketer
Unfortunately they play no lofted shots any help fixing this problem would be much appreciated and it was on Colombo Sri Lanka. Also I found if you change the field early on so you have a deep extra cover and fine leg is up that eliminates (For the most part) the problem of the Ai batsman trying to play the leg glance off a ball on off stump and chopping it on.

AusFan

School Cricketer
Just played another match. The Bangers made 151 off 26 overs at a rate of less than 6 per over in response to my 333. Despite the score being low the batsman batted sensibly and the only problem was the crazy running between the wickets so these stats appear to be pretty good so far.

AusFan

School Cricketer
Have continued testing and I think that the AI's aggression is dependent on the ratio between Power and Control. I cranked control up to 92 and the AI was quite defensive so a setting of say 85-87 on Control looks like a good balance.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've now had a game with this, the computer was certainly less aggressive but was still losing wickets just as quickly.
I bowled them out for 140 and 82, dropping 90% of my catches along the way (haven't played for a while).
I found batting more tricky but could still score safely at 9/10 an over.

AusFan

School Cricketer
To prevent bowling the opposition out for low scores try changing the field by selecting Custom Field 1 then removing the cover fields man and putting him as a short fine leg then moving the deep mid on to deep extra cover for both batsmen. This eliminates the AI trying to play a leg glance getting an edge and getting bowled. I've also updated the stats to the following -
Timing - 90
Precision - 83
Power - 60
Control - 83

pingusten

Club Cricketer
It appears those you have listed work well when bowling to the opposition. However, autoplay appears to be a problem. As shown below.

ICC20072007-05-1911-09-32-56.jpg

I've no idea what to change though to get this. In my Test Match setup, Autoplay was one of the strong points...

Sorry for the size was in a rush.

Last edited:

AusFan

School Cricketer
Yeah I found that auto play was a bit dodgy as well but these new stats I'm testing at the moment look very promising
Timing - 90
Precision - 83
Power - 45
Control - 83
I'm looking at reducing the power even further, if someone could test the game with Power at 35-40 that'd be great.

Also how do you take screen shots? can you do it through the game or only through a program like fraps?

Last edited:

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I use Fraps and Xfire for my BLIC07 (xfire got full support for the game yesterday). Xfire also tracks the game hours you spend on the game and uploads to a profile.

The images i then get i submit on Photobucket and paste the forum link.

I'l test those this afternoon whilst watching the cup final.

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am using your updated stats file. But when I choose "Realistic" option before a match instead of 'Balanced", the old problem of spiners opening the bowling comes back. Also the players behave like they used to when using the original stats file. Does this patch for "balanced" option only? I know that it works for ODI & Tests at "Test" difficulty level.

Users who are viewing this thread