Your Cricket The Art of Offspin.

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Had nets earlier, bowled in two 20 minute spells,only 3 of us there tonight.

The 1st spell i bowled brilliantly, spinning it loads and bowling a decent line, managed to get a few through the gate and turning and just missing off stump.

My second spell after my 20 min of batting didnt go so well couldnt find the same rythm, spun a few but was abit wayward, in general im very happy im improving alot week by week.

gaurav92

School Cricketer
I am a leg spinner, but I think Swanny holds the ball better than anyone else, but Harbhajan gives it a rip, a tweak and the ball makes more rotations than Swanny.

Lee1981

International Coach
Do you grip it the Swann way? I can't get any turn whatsoever.

No when im just sort of spinning it in my hand just practicing i sort of hold it like that, but when im actually bowling i have my thumb on the ball and my index finger quite far from the thumb, my middle finger rests under the ball.

I put all my spin on from my index finger and maybe my thumb although not sure if my thumb does anything, i would like to use a swann grip but its to tricky, once i get a bit more confident that ive mastered my way i may try and bowl with that grip, im sure i would turn it alot more with a swann grip.

Thing is if i can spin it on a real wicket, which i havent tried yet i'll stick to my grip, im just desperate to know if me spinning it on an indoor mat means i'll be able to in a real match.

Lee1981

International Coach
Bowled a bit quicker tonight to see what difference it would make, although ive been bowling a pretty good line recently but i was getting hit a bit to much. batsmen were just waiting for the turn and playing me easy down legside.

Bowling quicker tonight definately improved my ability to not be smashed around, i would say almost 50% less slogging, got a few to turn even with the quicker balls, also found a few outside edges tonight which is very rare for me.

Also got another beauty through the gate which turned loads and took out leg stump, so all in all a really good session.

Lee1981

International Coach
Another good session on thursday night, bowled probably the most consistent ive ever bowled, hit the same areas pretty much every ball, managed to keep one of the better batsmen pretty quiet in the net.

Any other offies out there?

Getting lonely on here.

Will Browne

Club Cricketer
I am a leg spinner, but I think Swanny holds the ball better than anyone else, but Harbhajan gives it a rip, a tweak and the ball makes more rotations than Swanny.

I thought they surveyed which spinner put the most revolutions on the ball last year. It was Swann if I remember correctly.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Had a practice yesterday, first in a while.

Was alright. Think I'm doing some things wrong with my action but can't tell for sure - might be falling over a bit and not staying straight.

However, as usual, bowled some good balls, but there was some rubbish too, and not too much spin. I found out I can dart it in a bit when i pitch it short and slow it up when I toss it up. So nice to see I have some sort of variation. Also was able to bowl it outside off when I wanted to.

Need a bit more practice tho.

Lee1981

International Coach
Had a practice yesterday, first in a while.

Was alright. Think I'm doing some things wrong with my action but can't tell for sure - might be falling over a bit and not staying straight.

However, as usual, bowled some good balls, but there was some rubbish too, and not too much spin. I found out I can dart it in a bit when i pitch it short and slow it up when I toss it up. So nice to see I have some sort of variation. Also was able to bowl it outside off when I wanted to.

Need a bit more practice tho.

Ive started to dart a few in aswell, found that batsmen were struggling to pick that delivery compared to my standard off break.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Yea, I'm working with a tactic to try and dart a few in, get the batsman ready on the back foot, then float one up.

Also, I'm not the only one who struggles to spin it on this surface :p But the leggie in our team can get quite good turn. Guess I either don't get enough revolutions or don't release it right.

Tried a faster ball variation too. Except it wasn't that much faster than my standard dart :p Need stronger shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread