The Barmy Army!

MancLuvin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was just wondering if the barmy army is gonna be in AC2009 ? I heard something about the atmosphere being outstanding, hopefully they have focused on this since it is the ashes.

There'd be nothing better than hearing the barmy army chanting when playing the ashes. :rolleyes:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No. They tried to get them in the game, but they asked for too much money so they decided against it.

Hitterman

International Coach
Was just wondering if the barmy army is gonna be in AC2009 ?
Did you mean barmyarmy (Colin) in AC2009? I agree with Matt. Colin asked too much money from TG. ;)

Seriously, it could be a great addition as it may also bring a lot of improvements in the atmosphere of English stadiums and make the game more exciting.
I heard something about the atmosphere being outstanding, hopefully they have focused on this since it is the ashes.

Yes it is, the atmosphere is really exciting. Read this Q/A for more details:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...planetcricket-ashes-cricket-2009-q-53865.html

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Did you mean barmyarmy (Colin) in AC2009? I agree with Matt. Colin asked too much money from TG. ;)

Seriously, it could be a great addition as it may also bring a lot of improvements in the atmosphere of English stadiums and make the game more exciting.

Yes it is, the atmosphere is really exciting. Read this Q/A for more details:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...planetcricket-ashes-cricket-2009-q-53865.html

Mate barmyarmy is not for colin, its a group of supporters of England, they go everywhere in the world to support them.
They chant - barmy-army.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Mate barmyarmy is not for colin, its a group of supporters of England, they go everywhere in the world to support them.
They chant - barmy-army.

Surely there's nothing stopping them putting a chant in the game? And not just 'barmy army', but 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oi oi oi!', 'Pakistan zindabad' (spelling?) and all the others; there aren't that many of them. It will all add to build up an excellent cricket atmosphere. People just aren't quiet at games anymore, especially when they really get going - it's more like a football match and the game's atmosphere should reflect that.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Surely there's nothing stopping them putting a chant in the game? And not just 'barmy army', but 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oi oi oi!', 'Pakistan zindabad' (spelling?) and all the others; there aren't that many of them. It will all add to build up an excellent cricket atmosphere. People just aren't quiet at games anymore, especially when they really get going - it's more like a football match and the game's atmosphere should reflect that.

You got the spelling right m8:clap

I agree with you there. Thats what i like about the FIFA and PES games. The sound is so electric. With 5.1 9000 Watt speaker cranked to maximum volume.......ummm. ....yeah.... The ecstasy;) remain only for a few minutes before my mom threaten to though me outta window:eek::eek:.... Ever played FIFA with muted volume??? Game would almost feel boring. So the sound effect are essential. After the point about the seam of the ball being correct in BLIC05 and wrong in 07, i remembered another plus point of BLIC05.. In early overs of a match in BLIC 05, as the fast bowler start his run up,crowd start hummmig like. oooooooOOOOOOoooo and then when he delivers"oooohhhhhhoooo" ... This is one of the most important sound of crowd which they had to have in any game.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I reckon it would be a great inclusion in future games to have for example, when Hussey hits a hundred or Lee takes a 5 wicket-haul for the crowd to chant "Hussey! Hussey!" etc. A bit like when ever Gilchrist blazed a hundred you would hear "Gilly! Gilly! Gilly!".

Eon

Club Cricketer
wasnt every time he hit a hundred... just when he hit it in really quick time... which i guess what alot of the time anyway lol

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I reckon it would be a great inclusion in future games to have for example, when Hussey hits a hundred or Lee takes a 5 wicket-haul for the crowd to chant "Hussey! Hussey!" etc. A bit like when ever Gilchrist blazed a hundred you would hear "Gilly! Gilly! Gilly!".

That's the thing, isn't it? Proper crowd chants have been in football games for years; time for cricket to catch up?

And speaking of sounds, we need a nice, loud 'HOWZAAAAAAAAT' when appealing. In most cricket games, you can barely hear it...

P

pcfan123

That's the thing, isn't it? Proper crowd chants have been in football games for years; time for cricket to catch up?

And speaking of sounds, we need a nice, loud 'HOWZAAAAAAAAT' when appealing. In most cricket games, you can barely hear it...

wouldnt it also be nice if the batsman looks behind him if he nicks the ball. I know it dosent matter in the bigger scheme of things but to compare cricket games to other ones, the new NCAA college football game this year has over 1000 new animations on top of all the old ones. Sigh, if only cricket was as popular, but then again i think the average person is to stupid to appreciate cricket.

ps3geek

School Cricketer
Well with the onset of t20 there is no doubt that cricket is getting more popular than it was 5-10 years back. There is now more money in the sport and with t20 more matches between smaller nations like Ireland, Holland and biggies are getting much closer. This will enable more nations to participate and thankfully if the ICC act sensibly and try and capitalize, without overkill they can bring cricket to the mainstream audience. This would result in better revenues and as more and more people get into the game, developers will be willing to invest more time and money on the game.

But give the developers some time firstly to get the fundamentals right i.e gameplay. These cosmetic changes are definitely wanted but whats better than getting a strong foundation to build on future games. As the developers said you gotta start with PES 1 to move tp PES 10.

Users who are viewing this thread