'The Cricket Project' Press Release- 13/11/05

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Experience the ultimate in cricket simulation. 'The Cricket Project', to be released next year, is the most realistic and in-depth cricket video game imaginable.

A NOTE FROM THE PRODUCER...
This video game, codenamed 'The Cricket Project' has been a long thought out childhood dream, which is now being realised. It is work in progress still, but already I believe I have overcome many pitfalls and potential deal-breakers and that the only way now is forward. The overall goal
of this Project is to create a cricket simulation in playable video game format, that is indeed a true 'simulation', not an arcade game, though it will certainly be enjoyable and fun to play.

WE'VE GOT THE BALLS
The ball will behave to Newton's Laws of Motion. Different conditions will affect play.

thecricketprojectbatsman7gd.jpg
thecricketprojectbatsmanplayin.jpg

BE THERE
Experience the little things that make cricket such an enjoyable sport- feel like you're actually there.

thecricketprojectbatsmanplayin1.jpg
thecricketprojectbatsmanplayin.jpg

CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS ONLINE
The video game includes excellent gameplay for single player, plus ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!

thecricketprojectbatsmantorso3.jpg

EDIT THE VIDEO GAME TO YOUR NEEDS
The video game will only survive as long as the Planetcricket.net community wishes. If everything can be edited then the Project can grow and stay up to date. Not to say that new updates, add-ons and new versions won't be released, but players must be able to customise everything easily.

Get bowled out by 'The Cricket Project'- see http://www.thecricketproject.com/.

langerrox

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looking good Lee, id like to see other shots than blocks:)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is all I've been sent at the moment I'm afraid. There will be more videos and screenshots coming along.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's been in production for a year now. Looks great- demo should be out in mid 2006.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's not about the graphics. GAMEPLAY is the most important aspect in any game. Graphics do not matter whatsoever. The graphics will be made beautiful after the gameplay is perfect.

Some people think if graphics are great then the game must be great. That's why EA get so many sales.

Wildwil

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes but I like the batsman more now. They don't look so squere

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Thanks, guys..

The legs had some issues so i redid them last night...it now looks much better...and is much more structurally sound too. At this stage I have only done a few strokes which is why the screens are limited...that is my task for the rest of this month - to finish off all the stroke animations...I will post screens once each stroke is completed

regards,

LM

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
wow, wow, WOW! Great job LM and Skateboarder!!
Will you have credits in game or something?? In the manual?? Always good to think ahead!

legend_master

quick update

well, progress has been made..but the batsman is still not complete...i am redoing the gloves at the moment, then texturing for gloves, helmet etc, so new eta on this model is looking like this Friday, at which time i can get back to the animating...

LM

madforcricket

School Cricketer
legend_master has repeated a million times that he is concentrating on gameplay first, then on graphics. be patient on the graphics guys! and its great anyways, no help required from the EA boobs!!!!!! ;)

legend_master

lol :D - there's so many reasons why i wouldn't ask for help from the EA 'boobs'..

here's a couple of them...

i) firstly why would they help me if i am a competitor, for free? Would they even have time to, if they were so inclined?

ii) would i want their help? Well, their graphics are nice, yes, but their game is completely different, so the graphics probably wouldn't suit my game's style...

so, no, i dont think that's a good idea...

thanks for all the encouragement, guys :cheers

LM

Users who are viewing this thread