'The Cricket Project' Video- 22/03/06

Inzi bhai

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
the video was great :cool: and credit to editer (skateboarder).

well few shots were missing in that video (like late cut,sqare cut , leg glance , reversal shot) and one thing for sure LM should improve on batsmen running b/w wickets i.e he could show that batsman dive for a run at the end of the crease or should drag their bat towards the crease that will look more realistics. but in the video the batsmen were taking runs with out draging their bats towards the crease - Hope LM understand this comment :rolleyes:

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
apesnani said:
Great Video LM, just my two cents, I think the batsman was reacting very late to the delivery and then playing the shot really fast.

Otherwise good stuff.

not sure i totally know what you mean...can you give me a bit more info?

This is what i think you mean, let me know if im wrong...

- that the batsman starts swinging too late but still connects because the stroke is played very quickly? In otherwords you think the stroke should be anticipated and initiated and take longer to go through?

let me know..i hadn't thought this to be an issue before...

LM

apesnani

Club Cricketer
legend_master said:
not sure i totally know what you mean...can you give me a bit more info?

This is what i think you mean, let me know if im wrong...

- that the batsman starts swinging too late but still connects because the stroke is played very quickly? In otherwords you think the stroke should be anticipated and initiated and take longer to go through?

let me know..i hadn't thought this to be an issue before...

LM

Yes LM this is what I mean. the batsman is still till the last second including footwork and then moves to play the shot.

For example the lofted shot over covers, from the motion it looked very difficult that such power could be generated with the batsman moving that late.

once again just my two cents.

Asif

sid_19840

International Coach
That's actually a very valid point,most batsmen make an initial movement to set themselves up as the bowler sets up to bowl.If that could be brought into the game,it would add an alltogether new dimension.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
apesnani said:
Yes LM this is what I mean. the batsman is still till the last second including footwork and then moves to play the shot.

For example the lofted shot over covers, from the motion it looked very difficult that such power could be generated with the batsman moving that late.

once again just my two cents.

Asif

well, ive done a bit of analysis and i think to a degree i agree with you, but not all shots...as Manee said, the pull shot, sweep shot and ducking seem to be ok for timing...the good news is this is a very easy thing to fix...i just need to reduce the speed of the animations..but dont forget that you will need to anticipate the bowl and 'pre-swing' before the ball gets close to you if i change this, im just slightly concerned that it could be too hard to bat ...hmm....well i'll make some changes and play test the heck out of it...should be ok i guess, but will require a bit more skill from the player...

on a side note, i am going to be reworking the batting animations to include tranisitions and make them smoother and more realistic - will also add a few new ones :onpc

Inzi bhai said:
the video was great :cool: and credit to editer (skateboarder).

well few shots were missing in that video (like late cut,sqare cut , leg glance , reversal shot) and one thing for sure LM should improve on batsmen running b/w wickets i.e he could show that batsman dive for a run at the end of the crease or should drag their bat towards the crease that will look more realistics. but in the video the batsmen were taking runs with out draging their bats towards the crease - Hope LM understand this comment :rolleyes:

i didn't take vids of all the shots, only a selected few..There are cuts, late cuts, reverse sweeps etc. i just didn't take captures of them for this video...

also, sliding of bats hasn't been done yet, which is why it didn't appear in the video - i had done it before, but i didn't like it so i scrapped it - should be 'redone' soon.

embi

International Coach
manee said:
IMHO, I think that the 60mph and 70mph for pacers in BLIC is captured perfectly and I think that generally Brian Lara's 2005 speeds are WAY too fast...with 100mph being increadibly unplayable...I'm pretty sure others will agree with me...but then ur the master, the LEGEND MASTER

Well, playing 100mph balls in BLIC is okay if you know its gonna be 100mph, but then the bowler throws in a 40 mph slower ball, you play for the 100 and you're screwed. The other thing I hate is the yorkers and bouncers. Cause you to mistime it completely (which is the whole point, I know, but)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yh, thats true, well IMHO I think that the bowling speed from Brian Lara 2005 is ideal for a cricket game, but u r right in saying that the 40mph slower balls ruin it.

The pull shot and the sweep happen only fractionally too fast however the others (excluding the bouncer) happen way too fast

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
Great video and i like the look of the shots. I am really looking forward to this game.

Users who are viewing this thread