'The Cricket Project' Video- 22/03/06

embi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Absolutely amazing stuff. Can't wait to play this game.

I thought the shots were all happening too fast, but I'm too used to BLIC, this is another level of realism.

rocklara

International Coach
srk121 said:
rocklara bowling has not been implemented till yet that is why it slow. bowling will start after L.M. (paul) will fix the minor bugs which are accuring. so be peitience ;)

oh thanks, there mate, got it wrong. Ok wow, this game will be awesome!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I think a small gripe with the video is that I think the camera view is

a. Too far away from the action
b. Slightly too high

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thank you for your comments about the video. I would just like to make it clear that the soundtrack used in it is all that I could find on my shelf as I was editing the video yesterday and in the end I thought it fit in quite well with the footage. There isn't any audio in the game at this moment in time so do not think you will have to listen to Will Young all the time when the game is released!

andy82

Club Cricketer
legend_master said:
yeah, that pause before he starts running is for 2 reasons....

i) i haven't done any 'transition' animations yet, which when done will fill that 'gap'

ii) i didn't start running straight away...he only starts running when i push the run button ;)

i) good good :cool:

ii) :eek: better than EA Cricket already ;)

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
rocklara said:
Um, the bowling looks a bit slow, i guess thats a work in progress. Correct me if i am wrong here L.M.

thanks

the slow bowling is the spin (but no actual ball movement implemented yet) - if you watch the pull shot, hook shot and bouncer you'll see the ball is a fast bowler delivery and hence moves quite quickly - much quicker than the 'spin' bowl...it's very simple to adjust the speed though, which i will review when doing the bowling side in detail...though it is a fine line between good ball speed and playability...if it's too fast then it's just too hard to hit lol

but imo EA and BLIC are too slow...so i plan bowling to be faster than theirs but not too fast that it's unplayable...

punk sk8r said:
LM u do have a back-up for the whole project coz if somthing happenes and all ure work gets lost it will be sad so do it thanks

of course ;)

embi said:
Absolutely amazing stuff. Can't wait to play this game.

I thought the shots were all happening too fast, but I'm too used to BLIC, this is another level of realism.

a note on the speed....i sent skateboarder a whole lot of video clips for him to compile into a short film reel.....on watching the video it really does cut between scenes very quickly....that is not Skateboarder's fault, it's because of the videos i sent him combined with the nature of a film reel compilation...when playing for real, it obviously wont cut around so quickly and the overall pace will not seem that speedy...

manee said:
I think a small gripe with the video is that I think the camera view is

a. Too far away from the action
b. Slightly too high

I think camera views are dependent on personal taste..i myself prefer a bit further away as i like to see more scope of the whole picture - others may prefer closer up like yourself - that's why im including several default camera options (different heights and zooms) and a customisable default cam view

you'll have to take my word on this as well (until the demo is released) that the coolest thing about batting is that you can do whatever stroke you want (i.e. have full control) and that is available in real cricket AND themainthing is it feels good when you hit it i.e. you get satisfaction from hitting a nice shot. I feel in other games (not mentioning any names) it never feels rewarding, it's just another shot, another 4, another 6...no feeling of satisfaction...a bit like comparing a goal in FIFA to a goal in PES...

that's just my opinion... :cheers

quick update : the running between wickets is now fixed - the bat is now held in 2 hands (not 1) and looks 1000 times better :)

* might keep the other '1-handed' running for alternate variety animation...

Last edited:

prarara

International Cricketer
Drewska said:
Thats brill LM, the shots are awesome. Running looks quite weird though, it just doesn't seem right.

Yeah, I think the shots are amazing. The best I've seen in quite a while.

legend_master

guys, im a little bit surprised at the low number of downloads for the video...either the counter is wrong or not many people have downloaded it yet? Can anyone think of why it hasn't been downloaded much yet?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
legend_master said:
guys, im a little bit surprised at the low number of downloads for the video...either the counter is wrong or not many people have downloaded it yet? Can anyone think of why it hasn't been downloaded much yet?
Well, I dwnlded and couple of balls also made me laugh a bit, shame on bowler.:p

legend_master

siddharth2002 said:
Well, I dwnlded and couple of balls also made me laugh a bit, shame on bowler.:p

lol, i know, disgraceful bowling, sitter balls to be slogged.....sheesh ;)

apesnani

Club Cricketer
Great Video LM, just my two cents, I think the batsman was reacting very late to the delivery and then playing the shot really fast.

Otherwise good stuff.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
apesnani said:
Great Video LM, just my two cents, I think the batsman was reacting very late to the delivery and then playing the shot really fast.

Otherwise good stuff.

Magnificent observation...:D:D...this happened with all but the pull shot and the bouncer.

This problem is the only thing wrong with the video and IMO is quite a big problem and means that you can't see most shots...however, I would love it if the bar system worked slightly differently...

The bar comes up when you press the button and the point is chosen depending on when you release it...(is this how it works already).

If it hits the blue it is stopped dead and is a weak shot.
If it hits the green its medium power shot.
It it hits the red its a powerful shot

Now if it goes to the top and you still dont release it, it speeds up (because the ball is now very near), now:

If you hit the red, it is skied and almost certainly out...or with a pull shot is either missed or top edged.
If you hit the green it is hard handedly played and may be edged or hit to silly point or bat pad.
If you hit the blue it is soft hands and guided through the slips, the later it is done the better.
If you dont let go of ur shot b4 the meter reaches the bottom you play a half shot with a high chance of an edge...

What do u think

Wildwil

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
good but not every ball orelse it will be difficult

manee

Chairman of Selectors
legend_master said:
but imo EA and BLIC are too slow...so i plan bowling to be faster than theirs but not too fast that it's unplayable...

IMHO, I think that the 60mph and 70mph for pacers in BLIC is captured perfectly and I think that generally Brian Lara's 2005 speeds are WAY too fast...with 100mph being increadibly unplayable...I'm pretty sure others will agree with me...but then ur the master, the LEGEND MASTER

Users who are viewing this thread