Story The DBC 2017 Fantasy League

I never knew DBC17 had quota...

I do though. I'm trying to make it as real as possible. I'm not having Chris Gayle slamming centuries in a test match for example considering he won't play them.

I do though. I'm trying to make it as real as possible. I'm not having Chris Gayle slamming centuries in a test match for example considering he won't play them.

So how much influence do you have on line ups? As far as I'm aware we are posting line ups and you are watching it? If so can you say to the guy who selected Chris Gayle that he can' be in the team?

So how much influence do you have on line ups? As far as I'm aware we are posting line ups and you are watching it? If so can you say to the guy who selected Chris Gayle that he can' be in the team?

Yes, you guys are posting the lineups, but if someone implausible, non contractable etc. springs up, then I will veto it. I don't think it is realistic to be having a Pietersen playing any longer. If for whatever reason he made a comeback IRL then I would allow him to be picked. I just will try to immitate real life as close as possible here.

If AI vs AI sucks then I might consider bowling as both teams, but I am getting really impatient now and want to see what things are like!

Really looking forward to it @Langeveldt Team India is ready & hungry for taking on West Indies. Bring it on guys...

@wealey88 I need your team for tomorrow's (hopefully) clash between England and New Zealand.

@wealey88 I need your team for tomorrow's (hopefully) clash between England and New Zealand.

Game should be arriving today. If I don't get teams for a due fixture then I will go with either your last pick, or if I don't have that, I will go for the team that was used last IRL.

Hi people
I'm a kiwi, and new here. Got the game yesterday (Wed 14th NZ time). Can't wait to see how this idea pans out, and I like the NZ team that has been chosen for their first game. Woukd have picked that exact same team myself ;)

I might get underway tonight UK time. I am just checking the AI vs AI is behaving well. I can also save the game in AI vs AI which is great news for this league. I think the England team gets released tonight on the academy and then I can kick the league off.

Enjoying the stream! Lots good o far: batsman waiting for the bad ball....whats the mentatlity of these two?

Enjoying the stream! Lots good o far: batsman waiting for the bad ball....whats the mentatlity of these two?

It's all default. I didnt even have the patience to download the patch. I assume Warner would be agressive and Burns precise?

I hope Aus give Zim a good kicking, then we know these attributes matter a great deal!

Okay amid much pomp and ceremony I am kicking off with SA v Australia at St Georges Park. It doesnt look like we can change lineups after you know the conditions so I am going to have to ask people to go with default XIs and the conditions will just be a lottery (or I will let the home team decide). De Kock already out.

Twitch

Looks like it is going to be a very quick match. I wonder if changing the difficulty setting will have anything to do with AI vs AI cricket. Some lovely dismissals though, clean bowleds and nicks.

A very obvious difference between the standards and the abilities, with Duminy standing out from everyone else, but I reckon they go a bit too hard in the powerplays. A few too many aerial shots. I will try and use a harder difficulty next time.

EDIT - unfortunately whenever I play AI vs AI the batsman scoop about one ball in ten to a fielder for a catch (in ODIs), so maybe I'll have to do some bowling like a normal person!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread