AMA The love Caroline thread and make her feel so welcome and loved she will pop and get smitten xxxxx

• Thread starter Deleted member 46200
  • Start date

Name change coming up and curious to know what to change it too?

• SweetCaroline

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • CazCat

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Caropants

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • PrincessCaroline

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • CazMcG

• Caroline

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Caitlyn

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46200

How long have you had your faith? Since my accident I was convinced I was saved for a reason.

what caused it come about? Ever had shaky moments or periods of doubt as to what you believe? I feel people take the piss and feel it is a private but feel I am talking about things more now.

How did you first get involved with local Church By asking if Jesus lives here and can I have a quick word.

How often do you read your Bible I don't much but I take encouragement from it.

what one thing do you enjoy doing with your husband the most (excluding anything sex related!) Going to sports events and days out and weekends away when possible.

Why are you sometimes so 'cryptic' with your responses :p Give an example... ?

do you feel you have answered any of these questions cryptically? Not sure but give an example and I'll read it back to you.

D

Deleted member 46200

What are you doing next Stayrday night. Avoiding you you Cockney gangster.

Where do you buy your underwear from Marks and spencers.

Clothing size perfect ten... going on 12ish

How tall 5. 7"

What is the worst practical joke you played on your brother in law. Oh, made him eat a caramel onion, put cling film over the toilet, amougnst others.

How many times do you shave Once a fortnight (thanks) top lip gets waxed...

have you ever borrow your husbands razor to shave there. No, to dangerous, no one here will know how it feels to have a paper cut on the cl...

How many times a week do you walk into things or fall over. Three to four I do believe there is a risk assessment just for me in the office.

favourit author Many currently into Dave Gorman

Shoe size 6

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
What do you think of the following biblical commands from the new testament of the Christian bible about females?

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3

Let your women keep silence in the churches
: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 1 Corinthians 14:34-36

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Ephesians 5:22-24

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Colossians 3:18

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. Do not suffer a woman to teach, - a woman must NOT have any authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing. 1 Timothy 2:11-15

D

Deleted member 46200

What do you think of the following biblical commands from the new testament of the Christian bible about females?
Being honest I would have to defend it as historical text but doesn't reflect modern society. However, I am not a radical feminist but feel society must treat everyone fairly and equally. I feel my place is at my husbands side and a few on here and in the real world have found out that comes with fierce loyalty but not blind loyalty.

Jesus himself treated women equally and allowed them to travel with him. Women have held positions of responsibility and is stated thus in parts of the bible acts 1:12-14, 9:36 16:14, 18:24-26 and 21:7-9 other examples also exist for the Christian church in part. I give the appearance of a sexy young women but feel I like to dress conservatively as my body is for the sole sight of my husband. Maybe a little honest I am self conscious of my body but feel my legs are okay to show? Maybe I can be a bit hypocritical but this comes with anxiety and depression which haunts me. What has made me this way? Text from the bible, I can't be sure but I know I owe a debt of gratitude for my life which was almost taken from me at fifteen. For this I had to find a way forward and faith was that light.

In conclusion, I feel like most religious text written when times and attitudes were very different are open to interpretation and modern values should prevail. It's a bigger debate than these simple words can convey but the debate will continue until there Is wholesale changes in society. But and there is a but, if a mans heart is good and wholesome then why should a women not place her trust with him. My security and welfare is dictated by three men it's not that I feel inferior but I feel my values are strong enough to trust and give my love and respect to them.

Caroline x

Last edited by a moderator:

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
In conclusion, I feel like most religious text written when times and attitudes were very different are open to interpretation and modern values should prevail.

I could debate the virtues of religion all day, but if that happens it will be for another thread if someone else seeks me out to have the debate because I understand people take it personally. I'll ask this one question and won't post a rebuttal.

If you genuinely believe the above quote to be true, then doesn't that by definition either undermine the Bible as a source of the word of God, or if it doesn't, are you not then going against the word of God?

D

Deleted member 46200

Believe it's your turn now.
I find you a very mature friendly guy and someone who has engaged me and helped me a lot on the forum. The only thing I would ask is you thank people a little more! But your choice s in music is broad and general conversation great.

D

Deleted member 46200

I could debate the virtues of religion all day, but if that happens it will be for another thread if someone else seeks me out to have the debate because I understand people take it personally. I'll ask this one question and won't post a rebuttal.

If you genuinely believe the above quote to be true, then doesn't that by definition either undermine the Bible as a source of the word of God, or if it doesn't, are you not then going against the word of God?
But the bible is written by man that we can understand and is a collection of stories and texts some are more concise than others while others discuss equality with all. God did not write the bible but the word of god is final. He sent Jesus amongst us to teach us his kingdom, a government in heaven that will bring peace to all on the earth. The composition of the bible took centuries and through that attitudes change and values differ but the teachings of Jesus Christ and the word and power of the lord remain constant.

To conclude I do feel I'm on this earth to serve my husband and bare our children what society things of that is objectionable but more importantly I am happy with this as I am married to a decent man I have also stated in numerous other threads I like the man to be in charge and I also resent weak men and feel a man should be strong and act with decorum and decency. The teachings and words of Jesus are paramount and binding in my mind and god sent his son to save us and teach us the way forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
But the bible is written by man that we can understand and is a collection of stories and texts some are more concise than others while others discuss equality with all. God did not write the bible but the word of god is final. He sent Jesus amongst us to teach us his kingdom, a government in heaven that will bring peace to all on the earth. The composition of the bible took centuries and through that attitudes change and values differ but the teachings of Jesus Christ and the word and power of the lord remain constant.

To conclude I do feel I'm on this earth to serve my husband and bare our children what society things of that is objectionable but more importantly I am happy with this as I am married to a decent man I have also stated in numerous other threads I like the man to be in charge and I also resent weak men and feel a man should be strong and act with decorum and decency. The teachings and words of Jesus are paramount and binding in my mind and god sent his son to save us and teach us the way forward.
Also A man should be able to keep his wife Happy all the time...unless the Wife start asking for Ridiculous things then you have to keep her in control lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread