The Nightwatchmen, Middle Order Calmer!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Guys, now this has worked twice for me so its early days!!

However I know most of us are keen to sort out this mental stage the AI goes through when 1 or 2 down!

I put Swann in at 4. Pretended he was a nightwatchmen. Not idea for me. As i like a realistic looking scorecard!

However when the AI was 2 down, Swann came in and unlike the other Players that go mental at this point he played "normally".

Almost confusing the AI mental mode and it reverted to playing calmly. Including the set batsmen who seemed to play normally with a lower batsmen.

This idea came about as normall the AI comes out of mental mode when they loose 6 wickets. So basically when a lesser batsmen comes to the crease!

Just a thought, hopefully it works, but thought i would share!! :)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I actually had an idea about moving some of the middle order down to 9 or so.. But will try your idea, nice one..

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
I prefer to have the tactic of playing Tim Bresnan (created) and bat him 9.

He gives me batting down the order. He is more useful than Broad and can also be used as a nightwatchman and still make the scorecard look real! :)

FitzNugly

School Cricketer
Thanks for the tip mate.

It is just a shame that we have to resort to things like this to make this game playable :(

I am rapidly approaching the conclusion that like BLIC07, this game is utter crap!

I think I will trade it in soon unless a patch comes out for the x box - which is unlikely.

D

Dutch

Guys, now this has worked twice for me so its early days!!

However I know most of us are keen to sort out this mental stage the AI goes through when 1 or 2 down!

I put Swann in at 4. Pretended he was a nightwatchmen. Not idea for me. As i like a realistic looking scorecard!

However when the AI was 2 down, Swann came in and unlike the other Players that go mental at this point he played "normally".

Almost confusing the AI mental mode and it reverted to playing calmly. Including the set batsmen who seemed to play normally with a lower batsmen.

This idea came about as normall the AI comes out of mental mode when they loose 6 wickets. So basically when a lesser batsmen comes to the crease!

Just a thought, hopefully it works, but thought i would share!! :)

Mmm. Good idea, will give it a go. Not ideal in terms of realism but who's watching!:D Thanks for this.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I used Mitchell Johnson at no 3 in one of the test series. And I was able to score 38 runs from 60+ deliveries with Johnson. :) There are positives and negatives of the game.

Like I said in other thread, if you want to have a mad go at AI right from the ball 1, it makes no difference between user and AI. If you have patience and play like real cricket, even EA Cricket 2005 is enjoyable. :)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I used Mitchell Johnson at no 3 in one of the test series. And I was able to score 38 runs from 60+ deliveries with Johnson. There are positives and negatives of the game.

Like I said in other thread, if you want to have a mad go at AI right from the ball 1, it makes no difference between user and AI. If you have patience and play like real cricket, even EA Cricket 2005 is enjoyable.

Oh i wasn complaining about that.. i was saying it was a possible solution in stopping the AI over attacking middle order by putting a nightwatchmen in their side!:D

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
for some strange reason, Darren Powell just came in 3 for West Indies. Ramnaresh Sarwan was supposed to come in, but him, Chanderpaul and Simmons still haven't come out. Hopefully he won't be as effective as Sarwan :upray

Users who are viewing this thread