The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Hi everyone.

I've been having a tweak with some textures in the PC version using @Wouldubeinta's Blobset Tools and thought I'd share some of these with you.

First up is a retouch of England's licensed ODI/T20 kits which I feel are a tad inaccurate in the game. I made the blues darker, the logo on the ODI shirt has been resized and I also slightly tweaked the red of the t20.

Q4KQrvx.png

Next I very slightly touched up the Aussies kits. Mainly making them just a bit less washed out. I've left the 'Alt ODI' for now because I can't find any good pictures. (I don't think they've ever worn it in a match?)

L1aCZWG.png

The final tweak for the moment is the colour/saturation of the first class & test match balls. They should be a bit easier to see now, especially when worn and scuffed up!

4NLF4He.png

How to get the tweaks in your game!

First go here and download @Wouldubeinta's Ashes Blobset Tools and extract to wherever you want

I've attached an Ashes Mods.zip file below. Download this and then extract the Ashes Mods folder into the Ashes Blobset Tools folder. If you have never done any modding then just overwrite/merge the one that's already there. If you have then be sure to back up your current folder.

At this point if you wish to edit which Mod files to be inserted into your game then you can. For example if you don't want the new cricket ball textures then go into Ashes Blobset Tools\AshesMods\props and delete the balls folder.

Next step is to make sure in the Ashes Location.txt file the path matches the location of your game directory. (most likely the Steam\steamapps\common folder)

Finally it's time to run the blobset tool! If you've done everything correctly up to now it should look like this:

uZLP7wf.png

Finally you just click Create Blobset, wait for it to finish and you're done! You should now have all the new kits/ball textures.

If at any point you have problems or just wish to go back to the default textures. You can right-click Ashes Cricket in your Steam Library. Click Properties, then Local Files, then run VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES... to download and return your blobset to the default state. This will NOT affect save games or Academy teams.

-----------------------

ALL MODS:
-Sunfoil stumps and boundary ropes here!
-Investec stumps and boundary ropes here!
-Lush outfield grass and new "Grassy" pitch v1 here!
-2018 IPL stumps and boundary ropes here!

-Grassy pitch and outfield grass v2 here!
-Investec pitch ad here!

-Natwest 2018 Test Series Pack here!
-England 2018 ODI/T20 Kits v2 here!
-Royal London ODIs Sponsor Pack here!
-Specsavers 2018 Test Series Pack here!
-Vitality 2018 T20 Sponsor Pack here!
-Sri Lanka Test/ODI Sponsor Pack here!
-India Test Sponsor Pack here!
-Duke ball here!
-Wasteyouryouth's Australia 2019 kits here!

uybPeWp.png

Cheers and enjoy everyone! :cheers

Attachments

• AshesMods.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 503
Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Hi everyone.

I've been having a tweak with some textures in the PC version using @Wouldubeinta's Blobset Tools and thought I'd share some of these with you.

First up is a retouch of England's licensed ODI/T20 kits which I feel are a tad inaccurate in the game. I made the blues darker, the logo on the ODI shit has been resized and I also slightly tweaked the red of the t20.

Q4KQrvx.png

Next I very slightly touched up the Aussies kits. Mainly making them just a bit less washed out. I've left the 'Alt ODI' for now because I can't find any good pictures. (I don't think they've ever worn it in a match?)

L1aCZWG.png

The final tweak for now is the colour/saturation of the first class & test match balls. They should be a bit easier to see now, especially when worn and scuffed up!

4NLF4He.png

How to get the tweaks in your game!

First go here and download @Wouldubeinta's Ashes Blobset Tools and extract to wherever you want

I've attached an Ashes Mods.zip file below. Download this and then extract the Ashes Mods folder into the Ashes Blobset Tools folder. If you have never done any modding then just overwrite/merge the one that's already there. If you have then be sure to back up your current folder.

At this point if you wish to edit which Mod files you wish to upload then you can. For example if you don't want the new cricket ball textures then go into Ashes Blobset Tools\AshesMods\props and delete the balls folder.

Next step is to make sure in the Ashes Location.txt file the path matches the location of your game directory. (most likely the Steam\steamapps\common folder)

Finally it's time to run the blobset tool! If you've done everything correctly up to now it should look like this:

uZLP7wf.png

Now you just click Create Blobset, wait for it to finish and you're done! You should now have all the new kits/ball textures.

If at any point you have problems or just wish to go back to the default textures. You can right-click Ashes Cricket in your Steam Library. Click Properties, then Local Files, then run VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES... to download and return your blobset to the default state. This will NOT affect save games or Academy teams.

Cheer and enjoy everyone! :cheers
Nicely done mate i know its little bit pain in the backside doing external modding with the tools available.

D

Dutch

You might have problems, being on a more advanced patch.

Not sure.
Ah good point but in principal the path tot he game is exactly the same....so should work? I will try with a new ball! that should show up clearer!

D

Dutch

Nice! Nice Nice! You can see the darn thing!!!!! I love the attention to detail in this game: the shadow, the light, the stitches.......it really is something else!

20180310181324_1.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1520702242][/DOUBLEPOST]That's really great work there mate.....one of the complaints was that the ball is difficult to see. I will try batting with a new ball....see what difference it makes.

D

Dutch

@Spoobir weren't you the guy making screenshots like press photos? Or was that someone else? I am on my shitty laptop so have to turn all the graphics down to get a smooth gameplay but the game really has its beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread