South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There are quotas everywhere...

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
What a farce. You can see why so many decent (not outstanding) South African cricketers ply their trades in the likes of England and New Zealand.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
They ply their trades elsewhere largely due to money. Many of them have admitted it, in fact there was a recent article/tv show about it. Can't remember which.

The quota system is necessary in all walks of south african life due to the poor conditions the indigenous african people were put in and still survive in. They need a helping hand, it's wrong to state otherwise. Plus, every time south africa lose, the quota system and by association non white players are blamed and yet, when they win...what then? Did the quota system just stop existing? It's also important to remember SA have the 3rd or 4th highest win/loss ratio in test cricket history, one of the best test sides in recent years and a very strong ODI side...let down by a choking mentality.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They ply their trades elsewhere largely due to money. Many of them have admitted it, in fact there was a recent article/tv show about it. Can't remember which.

The quota system is necessary in all walks of south african life due to the poor conditions the indigenous african people were put in and still survive in. They need a helping hand, it's wrong to state otherwise. Plus, every time south africa lose, the quota system and by association non white players are blamed and yet, when they win...what then? Did the quota system just stop existing? It's also important to remember SA have the 3rd or 4th highest win/loss ratio in test cricket history, one of the best test sides in recent years and a very strong ODI side...let down by a choking mentality.

I'm sorry but I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are.

First off, many players move abroad because they can't get a chance because of quota, more then the amount who move for money. Do you even know how the quota works? Because it doesn't seem like it. Let me breakdown a provincial team of 12 for you (I'll use my year as an example). In U12 (first year of Gauteng) you have to have 50% non white so that means 50% are white who deserve to be there. Of the 6 non white, 4-5 of them play for schools of the exact same quality as the whites but only one of them deserved to be selected. That isn't giving them a chance it's blatant biasness towards non white players. How the hell is that a helping hand? The only non white who is from a disvantaged background plays 12th man and doesn't bowl, ask yourself what the hell he is gaining from that because I can tell you there are 40+ white kids who are miles better then the non white players but didn't make it because of colour (and they all go to equal quality schools) and they would all contribute more and now the disadvantaged player gets 1 bag and a couple shirts and 0 experience. That's quota for you, I don't know what on Earth you're referring to. How on Earth are the non white players blamed by association? That's so ignorant I can see you've done 0 research, the non white players weren't there when quota was put in place, they didn't sign on the dotted line to gain an advantage on the whites and no one says 'We lost because he's playing and he isn't white'. Quota is the reason we lose because we get a weakend pool because every decent white bloke has moved to find better opportunity because he can't get in the team because XYZ are averaging 12 with the bat but are there on colour. You can see it already, remember ten years ago when McKenzie, Smith, Peterson, Gibbs and a bunch of others were all good enough to open for SA? Now here we are running back to players who were developed pre-quota like Cook, Kuhn and Puttick because there is no one good enough now in SA. We have 1 batsmen (de Bruyn) who is young and exciting, one in a whole country that has the 3rd/4th highest win/ratio! Thats quotas fault. When we win we don't go and do sacrificial offerings to the quota gods because it's crap and doesn't work. Your last sentence does nothing but prove my point, we USED to have one of the best teams with incredible depth (as mentioned earler) but now we're 6 in tests and can't win a ODI series vs the West Indies. Look at a player like Behardien. He averages 29 in ODI after 47 games! Find me a player who plays in a top team who averages under 30 after 50 games as a recognised batsmen, you can't because he is only there because of colour. Don't get me wrong, I really like Behardien as a person but he isn't better then Morkel, de Bruyn, Rossouw, Kuhn and everyone else who can't make the team.

So yes, the quota system is useless. I honestly really hope you're a troll...

Users who are viewing this thread