The Situation In America

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
To add to the gender pay gap, if you have a controlled sample space (same job, age, qualifications etc.) it goes to 98c per male dollar.

Here's a link to the study, I think the issue of a pay gap is more micro than macro ie it's down to certain individual fields rather than a national issue

D

Dutch

To further the discussion: I think the main aspect that is absolutely shocking is to see how America that has always been at the forefront of scientific endeavour is now turning away from science in favour of personality driven politics. Trump again talked about a drug for curing covid using a clip from a doctor who also talks about the curing of demons and how the government is trying to set up a vaccine to ban religiousness. And the problem is that many many Americans are so undereducated that they take the word of their president as must being truthful.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To further the discussion: I think the main aspect that is absolutely shocking is to see how America that has always been at the forefront of scientific endeavour is now turning away from science in favour of personality driven politics. Trump again talked about a drug for curing covid using a clip from a doctor who also talks about the curing of demons and how the government is trying to set up a vaccine to ban religiousness. And the problem is that many many Americans are so undereducated that they take the word of their president as must being truthful.
Trump is a good snake oil salesman but he is enough of a mark to make his snake oil from the magic beans he was sold.

D

Dutch

Trump is a good snake oil salesman but he is enough of a mark to make his snake oil from the magic beans he was sold.
It really is unfathomable what he gets away with: I am sure historians will look back on this period and think: WTF was going on there? The tone was set with "grabbing them by the pussy": In any other country in the world with a democratic system that would have been game over, out, no more credits, gone. In America the fact that he could cross that line and get away with it means that he can cross any line, no matter how absurd and get away with it and why? Because Republicans refuse to criticize him even though they know he is wrong both factually and morally.

D

Dutch

Following on from this doctor Trump touted: her Facebook vids were removed as they contravened their policy on accuracy and fact. She then said that Jesus Christ would destroy the Facebook servers if the videos were not put back up again: the report declared: "As of yet Facebook has not reported any disruption of its services"! :lol:lol

D

Dutch

On a more serious note, this is the science Trump is putting forward as the USA sees 150.000 of it's citizens die of the disease with no sight of the situation easing. One scientific study says that at a certain tipping point the infection rate will be so exponential that the US could see infection rates of up to 1.000.000 (!!!) per day with deaths of up to 20.000 a day (!!!). The report concludes that that tipping point is very close and that they expect the situation to be much much worse as the fall and winter proceeds. Frightening.

D

Dutch

Worse economic downturn since the Great Depression: well used tactic: Tweet or publish something extremely controversial: lets delay the election......its called snowing under.

D

Dutch

Just going to keep this going: slowly but surely it seems that Republicans are starting to distance themselves from DT in the realization that he is taking them down and that as he has said all along he doesn't give a shit about the Republican Party, it's just his donkey to have power.

D

Dutch

I thought the RP might distance themselves but they are so far up his backside they have been blinded: I think they realise that if Biden gets in shit is going to fly and it is going to stick.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I thought the RP might distance themselves but they are so far up his backside they have been blinded: I think they realise that if Biden gets in shit is going to fly and it is going to stick.

They had that couple who pointed an AR at Black lives matter protesters ffs

D

Dutch

So the Trump line is they show riots going on with the message: this is what America will look like if Biden is president......but its happening now under his presidency......and the worse thing is....people lap it up like moronic sheep void of conscious thought.

Users who are viewing this thread