The Situation In America

D

Dutch

I've read a few articles, and saw a good video on Youtube about it last week, and it would seem a great number of people have sold their brains to QAnon.

Fascinating, stupid and dangerous.
You can understand the numbskulls just doing whatever but there are a lot of so called intelligent people involved in this shit

D

Dutch

looks like this is going to be a real fight for the Supreme Court. Imagine what the weeks will be like if Biden wins and Trump is still in office....

D

Dutch

To be honest I have been really impressed with Biden's decorum and statemansship and the eloquence and obvious intelligence and knowledege of a huge variety of subjects. Trump just gives one liners and soundbites but Biden gives detailed and comprehensive answers to a wide range of questions.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
looks like this is going to be a real fight for the Supreme Court. Imagine what the weeks will be like if Biden wins and Trump is still in office....
If Biden wins and the Democrats take the Senate, and the Republicans replace Ginsburg before the Democrats take power in January, I can fully imagine that as the final nail in the coffin of American democracy. Only solution would be for the Democrats to expand the seats on the Supreme Court.

D

Dutch

Well it isnt quite guarenteed he will get the vote through. I hope he is taken utterly apart and all of his cronies if Biden wins.

D

Dutch

40 days to go: are we on the brink of a second American Civil War? What happens if Trump loses? What happens if Trump wins?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Without following this closely, the vibe that I'm getting from just skimming the headlines is that Biden seems to be on course to trump Trump (pun intended :p)

However, have also come across articles which state that Trump has a loophole that he can use to make sure he stays in power (don't exactly remember what it was)

So which one seems more likely?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Without following this closely, the vibe that I'm getting from just skimming the headlines is that Biden seems to be on course to trump Trump (pun intended :p)

However, have also come across articles which state that Trump has a loophole that he can use to make sure he stays in power (don't exactly remember what it was)

So which one seems more likely?
Biden will more than likely win the popular vote. But if Trump wins the right states he can win the electoral college which he did in 2016. If it's close, either way, things could get a lot worse before they get better.

America has a lengthy transition of power. Election in November, new President not in place until January. Not sure how this works elsewhere, in UK, it's essentially an overnight change. With the state the country is in, wildly divided, it feels as though anything could happen during that time. Trump ha been sowing the seeds of doubt about the election (he claimed there were 3 million illegal voters when he won); mail-in voting being the big point of contention. He's not above breaking the norms or law so he might just flat out deny the result (if it went against him) and refuse to leave.

The only likely thing to prevent this would be if Biden absolutely trounces him. Even then there will be people who flatly refuse to accept the result; Trump being one of them but if it's a complete thrashing more people might be convinced. When you look at Trump's base (35-40%) over the last few years it could be more than a third of the country who refuse to accept the result using whatever nonsense narrative to justify it. How they choose to act at this point could be the tipping point into things becoming even worse than they are now.

If some states are narrow it could end up in the supreme court as it did when Bush 'beat' Gore in 2000. That halted a recount in Florida, similar things could happen this year (particularly if increased mail-in voting makes vote counting a longer process). This is just one more reason why the seat vacated the death of RBG could be so crucial.

Users who are viewing this thread