The Situation In America

D

Dutch

The fact that Trump is noiminating judges doesnt neccessarily mean they will all go his way as has been the case in a number of high profile instances. If the judges are relatively neutral they can still go against him.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The fact that Trump is noiminating judges doesnt neccessarily mean they will all go his way as has been the case in a number of high profile instances. If the judges are relatively neutral they can still go against him.
The Republicans have been on a mission to remake the judiciary since the 1980s. The Federalist Society exists for this very reason. True, some judges have turned out not as they expected them to be (e.g. Anthony Kennedy, David Souter, John Roberts in some cases), but that has only emboldened Republicans even more. They've filled lower courts to the brim with young, conservative hardliners in the past 4 years, and I fear the Supreme Court is about to enter a very conservative phase for an entire generation, unless something really unexpected happens. The only option for the Democrats is to add seats to the Court, but that is extremely unlikely.

D

Dutch

The Republicans have been on a mission to remake the judiciary since the 1980s. The Federalist Society exists for this very reason. True, some judges have turned out not as they expected them to be (e.g. Anthony Kennedy, David Souter, John Roberts in some cases), but that has only emboldened Republicans even more. They've filled lower courts to the brim with young, conservative hardliners in the past 4 years, and I fear the Supreme Court is about to enter a very conservative phase for an entire generation, unless something really unexpected happens. The only option for the Democrats is to add seats to the Court, but that is extremely unlikely.
If the democrats can gain the presidency, senate and congress, which may still happen then there is a chance they can undo a lot of what has been going on.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I honestly didn't think it would be this close of a contest. 238-213 is too close for comfort. I was expecting it to be a landslide victory for whoever was on the path to victory.

But looks like Trump is set for another term.

D

Dutch

You couldn't have written this script any more dramatically! Unbelievable. Hold on to your hats folks this could still go either way. Surprised it has been this close. i really thought that there would be enough of a trump turn off but that just aint so.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What Trump has done beautifully is reach the small towns with less population. Now add up the less populated towns and you have so many voters. It is too close and its going to be a while before the next President of United States is announced. No matter who loses, this is going to court and there will be recounting done. Bush and Gore era is back! The result of Bush Gore election was announced in December. Michigan and Wisconsin are going to be super crucial. Amazing to see Arizona turning blue after 24 years.

D

Dutch

Stop them stopping the stopping of the stop or summit like that......

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
I don't think supreme court can do anything with election result.
he just not accepting his defeat and just delaying the result.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
he just not accepting his defeat and just delaying the result
Too early to term it as defeat, don't you think? Have a feeling he would use every possible available loophole to come through.

D

Dutch

If Biden wins the two states he is current in front of (AZ and NEV) he has exactly 270 electoral votes. GA and PA can go either way still while NC looks like its Trumps.[DOUBLEPOST=1604572173][/DOUBLEPOST]But you aint over thje line till you are over the line. I read a email the Trump campaign team has sent to its supporters: YOU our FIERCEST Supporters FIGHT![DOUBLEPOST=1604572233][/DOUBLEPOST]At a certain point you get into the realm of: will the polite and NG fire on militants attacking counting venues etcetera?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Fell like Biden will win now. Then there'll be hell on. Got to love Trump saying that the election is a fraud before he's lost though, going to look a right dick if he comes back to win it. Wonder if it would still be a fraud?

Users who are viewing this thread