They should have been Playing...

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well said. If people in India knew how to vote, we wouldnt have been seeing so many corrupt politicians who have infected the country so much and are not letting us grow in anyway. Ok, I am going too political with this statement....

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

That injury spoiled the career of a very promising bowler. The way he bowled against Pakistan and that too in Pakistan was stunning. He also launched Akthar into orbit with those booming sixes. Instead of the Pakistani players, the Pakistani crowd started chanting "Balaji Balaji....". What great days they were!

I remember that match in which he absolutely murdered Akhtar. The grin on his face :D

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
I remember the match when balaji smashed a six and the next ball, repeating the same shots, his bat break from the middle.

PotterManiac

School Cricketer
I still believe India is lacking a good all rounder like Irfan Pathan

If they are not missing him now, then sometime in the future. Remember him and his brother saving India in T20 match against the Lankans?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Agreed with you there, PM. Well, ARs, I think Irfan's a better batter and fielder than PK. They bowl pretty much the same pace. But PK seems to be the flavor of the season and also offers a Right-hand bowl option in a team which plays 2 Left-hand bowlers every match.

I don't know about others but if Irfan's doing well, which I read he did in game in Poona, I think he should be brought back in :)

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Agreed with you there, PM. Well, ARs, I think Irfan's a better batter and fielder than PK. They bowl pretty much the same pace. But PK seems to be the flavor of the season and also offers a Right-hand bowl option in a team which plays 2 Left-hand bowlers every match.

I don't know about others but if Irfan's doing well, which I read he did in game in Poona, I think he should be brought back in

When Irfan's name comes another name pops in my mind.

http://www.moranprizes.com.au/Conte...el Connell - Greg Chappell, Guru & friend.jpg

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Haha.

Greg actually changed Irfan in both positive and negative terms. He made him an awesome batsman and turned him into an average bowler.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Irfan's doesn't swing the ball anymore, atleast not the last few times I saw him. He bowls medium pace cutters, and we don't really need that anywhere apart from the subcontinent.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
If Irfan wants to be anywhere near the Playing 11 again, he needs to get that old banana swing back. He was one of the few who could swing it ridiculously on subcontinental pitches.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
If Irfan wants to be anywhere near the Playing 11 again, he needs to get that old banana swing back. He was one of the few who could swing it ridiculously on subcontinental pitches.

True! he had a bright future IMO

Gary123

School Cricketer
Irfan should be allowed to bowl with the new-ball.
He was always way more effective bowling up-front rather than being brought as first or second change.

Users who are viewing this thread