This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Awesome thread. Can't wait to see what career mode improvements there is especially how you acquire and apply attributes. Anyway just a few questions regarding general play if you may
Do the batsmen slide their bat's prior to the crease running between wickets? And even when diving/lunging? And after a cancelled run?
Does stamina replenish after tea breaks, rain delays, days etc
Does confidence carry over between innings and between matches like 'form'? And does this also apply to bad confidence after some crappy performances (ducks or bad spells)
Does the outfield slow after rain and is it slower on day 5 compared to day 1 of a test
Is there a wind speed/direction indicator and does it effect the bowling (swing and speed)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Oh....but I can choose that resolution....is that something else?
Yep - you might be able to choose the resolution, but the game will stretch or letterbox - as the game renders at a 16:9 aspect ratio.

D

Dutch

Yep - you might be able to choose the resolution, but the game will stretch or letterbox - as the game renders at a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Ah got it although I dont really notice any stretching.....

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just to disappoint you slightly, the game only supports 16:9 resolutions.

No issues mate. It’s probably too much to ask considering the fact that only a handful of AAA games support the aspect ratio.

Probably will then pick it up for the PS4. Should look great on the bigger 16:9 screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1510093829][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah got it although I dont really notice any stretching.....

But we notice it in your videos. :p

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Has any beta tester tried playing Ashes with a Steam Controller? It was my default option for DBC17...worked really well. It would, however, be nice to have an approved configuration that makes it easier to pick up and play.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has any beta tester tried playing Ashes with a Steam Controller? It was my default option for DBC17...worked really well. It would, however, be nice to have an approved configuration that makes it easier to pick up and play.
I use a ps4 controller. Now that steam has added support it is pretty much pick and play

gogabutt

Club Captain
Not sure if this has been addressed in Ashes.

Is there an option to select the host country to play the entire competition/tournament (e.g. World Cup, 3 Nations Series etc) on the different venues of that country?

Gurjot95

National Board President
Frankly I was very critical when this game was annouced. Because for me, bug fixes shouldn't be the deciding factor to justify reason to buy new game because that's something that needs patch to sort it out instead of new game and mo-cap wasn't enough feature to attract old users. But after reading this thread and how the BigAnt has seriously took strides in improving gameplay, I am now very much intrigued with this game. I find it surprising that why it hasn't become the standard approach for every sports game development phase. There is nothing more important than asking consumers for their feedback personally and then focussing on that to improve various aspects of game. What users wants to play in next game will always be most beneficial for your sales than any gimmicky you fit in, this especially goes for AAA companies. BigAnt if they succeed with this game which I really hope they do, have set an example for other game devs to follow. I never understand why other developers always found this inconvenient to have these interactive sessions with their users during their development phase. If they are afraid from initial negative feedback might affect their release sales then maybe they shouldn't develop a game afterall because the reaction is only going to get lot worse after release.

Anyways, just some questions to end my curiosity, apologizes if these has been answered before.
1. What was the build that IGN was playing on initially? Was it with Day 1 patch included?
2. Something which I have yet to see in this thread are the limited overs cricket. Can anyone share their experiences (or even video) with AI run chases and their adaptability to situation?
3. Has anyone of you been able to master Legend difficulty yet? I just hope they managed to find a balance in increasing difficulty without having AI cheating.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I use a ps4 controller. Now that steam has added support it is pretty much pick and play
I'm absolutely sure PS4 and Xbox controllers work without issue with Ashes. However, I am interested to understand whether there is a an optimum way of configuring a Steam controller. Steam controllers don't behave like standard two-stick controllers (there is only one stick for a start) but they are massively configurable. That said they can be quite tricky to configure to get the right level of control. If there was a Big Ant Ashes config, it might be easier for people to quickly use a Steam Controller. Personally I will be looking to use a Steam Controller when the game reaches PC...I was just wondering whether anyone had tried this out yet. That said, I don't know how many people are planning to use a Steam Controller...so I'm not expecting a pre-built config just for me.

Victoria50

School Cricketer
Do the batsmens and bowlers celebrate eg making hundred take their helmet off
Do the batsmen slide their foot back if they miss the ball if advancing
Is there a pitch report in the game
In the academy do the helmets have safety bit on it

Users who are viewing this thread