Tips For DBC 17 Batting

Helpman

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've had more drives in my car than in this game...thanks, I'm here till Thursday.

Helpman

Club Captain
So I scored my first, First Class century last night...So I'm kind of a big deal now ;). A lot of what I'm going to post has been covered before by other users but I thought I would share my experience as a total novice.

1. Early on in my innings I block absolutely everything except anything on my legs
2. Watching the swing gauge direction thingy out of the bowlers hand is key as anything moving in the direction of my pads, I leg glance.
3. I think I drove one ball outside off and it was a YELLOW ball (I'm think those are the only ones you can drive on the offside to eliminate the possibility of edging). I Blocked all GREEN balls outside off stump. I did find it's very easy to pinch a single this way too.
4. I did not cut or play any RED balls outside off stump. I did pull RED balls though.
5. The Ai takes out mid on after a while so playing the on drive (moderate and aggressive) is pretty much a safe bet for scoring runs.

Hopefully, once I've built up a enough driving skill points I can play a cover drive..

Last edited:

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you're having trouble with the cut shot, the ball can be pretty comfortably uppercut over the slips/point off the front foot for four or six, even from the start of the innings.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ok, I love the game but some things are driving me absolutely nuts-

1) I just keep getting out after 50's. Just keeps happening. No matter how hard I focus.

2) My main scoring shot was the pull and after scoring heaps of runs with it, I just kept finding the fielders. Even though I'm not using the attack button, I keep handing catches to square leg. So, I've had to keep that shot on ice.

3) Thos keepers and slips take some catches God can't take.

4) International stats aren't separated from all the stats. This is a big big reason to play career mode but without stats you start feeling like what's the point?

5) I'm being made to bat at 6. I want to not bat lower than 5. T20 games are so annoying. I have almost had to simulate an entire IPL having batted 4 times and bowled 5 times but completed my quota not once. There should be an option to edit your role in your career. Steve Smith went from being a leg spinner to a no.3

6) My biggest issue is shot direction. Shots that are lofted showing perfect timing, footwork etc going to deep cover when I want to hit them over the top of mid off!

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
Ok, I love the game but some things are driving me absolutely nuts-

1) I just keep getting out after 50's. Just keeps happening. No matter how hard I focus.

2) My main scoring shot was the pull and after scoring heaps of runs with it, I just kept finding the fielders. Even though I'm not using the attack button, I keep handing catches to square leg. So, I've had to keep that shot on ice.

3) Thos keepers and slips take some catches God can't take.

4) International stats aren't separated from all the stats. This is a big big reason to play career mode but without stats you start feeling like what's the point?

5) I'm being made to bat at 6. I want to not bat lower than 5. T20 games are so annoying. I have almost had to simulate an entire IPL having batted 4 times and bowled 5 times but completed my quota not once. There should be an option to edit your role in your career. Steve Smith went from being a leg spinner to a no.3

6) My biggest issue is shot direction. Shots that are lofted showing perfect timing, footwork etc going to deep cover when I want to hit them over the top of mid off!

I feel you on pretty much all of this. Nothing worse that perfect footwork/timing/shot and barely managing to scoop it to the fielder.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Give up. I understand it's not an arcade game and I love it, but when you play for a good 5-6 hours after work everyday and with so much focus and it still doesn't reward you then it's bugging!

BTW- One thing I find absurd is that without footwork, just using R3, you can score a lot more than R2+L2+R3.

Last edited:

Helpman

Club Captain
Game is ridiculously hard, even spitefully so. Sometimes... I feel like it hates me? I played an on drive and got caught at point... if that doesn't sound suspect then I don't even know.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Game is ridiculously hard, even spitefully so. Sometimes... I feel like it hates me? I played an on drive and got caught at point... if that doesn't sound suspect then I don't even know.

Pretty sure you're playing a higher difficulty than me. Also, I read you got a ton. So, good. I've made a HS of 73, which came in a freakish 18 ball T20. Other than that, heaps of 30's, few 40's and fewer 50's. Now I'm getting out for 20's because of my frustration. So, given up! I can't think of how difficulty levels higher must be.

Would really appreciate some help!

I'm yet to make a 50 for India, never made a 100 for my club or for my FC team yet I am never dropped. Sounds wrong!

grkrama

National Board President
Would really appreciate some help!

Are you playing in PS4 or pc?, if ps4 could be a bug and you can try blocker's method of deleting all logo data and redownloading them.

If not have put together a few tips i found helpful with batting in PC in this thread and see if it helps, foot work and RS direction are vital.

Batting Tutorial Vids - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

I have been able to play quite a few long innings with these, to the point once im set i know i cant get out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread