Tips For DBC 17 Batting

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thats because this game is more of a simulation -- you will be crap in the begining until your stats get better ;) patience my young padawan!

I have a near 70 rating with all batting number in high 80's.

D

Deleted member 46200

You're a better gamer than me.

I'm certainly not a spring chicken but I've never been awful. Although this game is telling me I am.

May be I'm not communicating well enough to you.

I played the easiest mode and did well in a casual game, but in the same mode on career, I'm really struggling.

Thats because this game is more of a simulation -- you will be crap in the begining until your stats get better ;) patience my young padawan!
Awwww, your getting soft! However, someone did mention nets are useful, as in playing in them and practice.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
DBC 14 was far better than DBC 17 in recognizing player skills... rating was not decided on match fees (rating this way is stupidity I would say).

Under DBC 14 if you play good shots the skills would have increased ...back foot batting was never my skill which was reflecting in DBC 14...Where as in DBC 17 I could see my back foot batting to maximum even though I hardly play it.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
@ Everyone-

Played 4 innings after @grkrama suggestions of deleting the logos. Also tried two innings on medium. In the medium difficulty I nicked off playing a defensive shot in the first over of my innings on both occasions. In the easiest mode made 25, 32, 37 and 12. Thrice nicked off to spin. Mind you, no innings was at a SR of more than 50. Honestly, I won't play till it's fixed. I'm playing the 'easiest' mode for a reason.

I play F1 2016 and it's also a sim game and not arcade and I do ok. On a hard level, while I don't win all races, I win a couple and regularly get points with some mistakes in between. This is just way too tough to play in all honesty. You want to give the gamer a challenge, not make him feel like smashing his TV. I find scoring runs easier in real life than this to be honest.[DOUBLEPOST=1489781891][/DOUBLEPOST]
Awwww, your getting soft! However, someone did mention nets are useful, as in playing in them and practice.

In the nets I get 3 greens for all shots and never get out. It's pathetic.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I cannot nick off to a Spinner , as I`m only playing Online .

One of the few joys of playing Online Only ....

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I cannot nick off to a Spinner , as I`m only playing Online .

One of the few joys of playing Online Only ....
Yes because in online the keeper is useless :) cant catch throw in = overthrow 4's and he cannot catch any nicks from spinners ;)

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I hope Bigantstudios have uncovered these Bugs in all off there testing , I would be gutted if they still remain after the Patch is released.

Rohit Basu

Banned
In online how to play medium and spin with reduced speed around 90 kmp for medium and below 70 for spin due to editing skills which is unfair.as the cutters are spinning a lot with medium bowlers

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
In online how to play medium and spin with reduced speed around 90 kmp for medium and below 70 for spin due to editing skills which is unfair.as the cutters are spinning a lot with medium bowlers
its not fair? are you kidding me? play later, time it better, practice! Pretend its real life and the opposition has found your week spot, do the real teams moan and bitch (wait I guess they do, KOHLI!) What they don't do is quit cricket forever ;)

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Cutter's "spin" because that is by definition, exactly what a cutter does. In this game of all the "pace" bowling types, medium bowlers are supposed to be the most effective at cutting the ball and that is by design decision. Nothing unfair about it. It's supposed to be that way.

Rohit Basu

Banned
its not fair? are you kidding me? play later, time it better, practice! Pretend its real life and the opposition has found your week spot, do the real teams moan and bitch (wait I guess they do, KOHLI!) What they don't do is quit cricket forever ;)
Bowling deliveries below 90 in medium it's not real cricket kholi and abd can't swing and spin with cutters sorry I think u r using this loophole.bowl slow no problems why edit the skill and ball with bowling speed 0 and bounce 0 with cardio and strength reduced...thats not fair

Rohit Basu

Banned
Cutter's "spin" because that is by definition, exactly what a cutter does. In this game of all the "pace" bowling types, medium bowlers are supposed to be the most effective at cutting the ball and that is by design decision. Nothing unfair about it. It's supposed to be that way.
So u wanna say that kholi abd dhoni amla bowl great cutters in cricket ....the can only bowl after editing their skills that s unfair i am not against medium bowlers but I want the editing skills to be locked that's unfair it's cheating I think u have not played much in dbc17 u dint get my point only what I wanted to say bounce to 0 bowling speed 0 with reduced cardio and strength that's unfair I am actually talking logic just think and understand

Users who are viewing this thread