Training Thread

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Should I have my med/comp/med 17yo on 2 bowl 1 stamina, 2 bowl only, or 3 bowl, or 2 bowl 1 field? He's on 2 bowl 1 stamina, after he pops to comp-resp in stamina I might change to a fielding.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Definitely not 3 nets, up to you how you do the fielding and stamina. If you use the fielding net now his consistency could go 4+ levels above him primary if you train him up to 22.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kevin Coppinger - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,344 shortcut
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a destructive player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, competent bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Just the one stam pop for my new keeper.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Some handy pops just before the start of Div 4.

Dan Fernandes - 21 yo, BT Rating=45,895 shortcut
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: mediocre
Greg Moodley - 18 yo, BT Rating=12,533 shortcut
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Just the one stam pop for my new keeper.

Very nice trainee, I got one like that halfway through last season, got him a few pops, and sold him for 200k-300k. You could train that beast to sell, which I would, or to keep in your team. Be careful about training him too high though - keepers get hard to manage, with high batting and keeping. If I were you, unless you wanted to make a national player, or sell for a slightly higher price, I'd stop around superb - that's just me though. I've noticed, the higher the wage is, the lower people will pay, because it's harder to maintain, and the more money it takes from them, that they would be using to support their player wages and other financial aspects of Battrick.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Justin Michael - 18 yo, BT Rating=6,854 shortcut
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

2 pops in 2 weeks for him now (:

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
Sumit Kudav - 18 yo, BT Rating=21,864

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: strong Consistency: strong
Fielding: respectable

1st strong of the team...

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Brian Myirha - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,408
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has mediocre batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Highlander999

ICC President
A very handy player for me now :)

6.Darren Ingham - 19 yo, BT Rating=29,612
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong

Tuhob

School Cricketer
A couple of good pops for me:

4.Edwad Harshana - 21 yo, BT Rating=91,191
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exquisite Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: quality

25.Dickie Visagie - 19 yo, BT Rating=15,001
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: quality Consistency: respectable

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Very nice trainee, I got one like that halfway through last season, got him a few pops, and sold him for 200k-300k. You could train that beast to sell, which I would, or to keep in your team. Be careful about training him too high though - keepers get hard to manage, with high batting and keeping. If I were you, unless you wanted to make a national player, or sell for a slightly higher price, I'd stop around superb - that's just me though. I've noticed, the higher the wage is, the lower people will pay, because it's harder to maintain, and the more money it takes from them, that they would be using to support their player wages and other financial aspects of Battrick.

The only time player prices drop due to wages is once the wage of the player starts pushing 70k, so training him up is hardly an issue. Besides, a keeper with around quality batting, equal secondaries and around remarkable keeping only commands 16k p/w. That's a pittance compared to what a good all-rounder costs.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stuart Street - 18 yo, BT Rating=8,153 shortcut
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

missed this:D

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Santosh is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has mediocre batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Plays For: Eleven Ducks
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 2,740
Wages: ?564 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful

Sticking him on 2 bat, 2 bwl, 1 field and 1 stam. Now I'm a bit rusty, so correct me if I'm wrong, but by his 19th Bday he should be Quality batting, Superb bowling, Respectable stamina and Med/Comp secondaries.

After his 19th Bday I'll take him down to 4 nets (Bat, Bwl, Field, Stam), and keep him on that for a while. He should be Superb stam by his 20th Bday, and I'll probably stop his training around his 21st or 22nd Bday. Whenever his secondaries catch up from his primaries and/or I get bored of training him and want some new blood. Depending on when I stop, he should be about Wonderful+ with the bat and Remarkable+ with the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread