Ufc 111

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am surprised this ain't up this is huge news.

The two main fights are:

Shane Carwin Vs Frank Mir for Interim Heavyweight

George St.Pierre Vs Dan Hardy for Welterweight Championship

My predictions: GSP and Mir

what do you guys think?

EDIT: Well we had a thread but it was last updated like 3-4 months ago lol

Last edited:

ballers101

Club Cricketer
I forgot theres a ton of english people rooting Dan Hardy lol. Honestly its going to be GSP though, he has everything as an MMA. Dan Hardy is a striker he can standup really well but when the fight goes to the ground GSP is going to take it, no doubt in my mind.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Oh yeah, GSP's the better fighter. Probably a better technical striker, trains at a better camp, is the best wrestler in MMA and very handy on the ground; but I'm a Dan Hardy fanboy so I'm backing him all the way. I post on MMAF (which is mainly why I stopped posting in the MMA thread here) and the amount of flak Hardy has received on there has been ridiculous. I think Dan has more of a chance than many are giving him. He has solid, technical muay thai, Freddie Roach trained boxing, a solid chin, he's a huge WW + has packed on some serious muscle in his 12 week training camp, and he's no mug on the ground given that he trains with Eddie Bravo's 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu. Anything can happen in a fight, so I think the people giving Dan no shot at all, could be surprised when he gives GSP a real battle. I just hope he's sorted his gameplan for this fight, and shows some killer instinct. He hurt Mike Swick badly a few times (same with Marcus Davis) but couldn't finish them, and I hope, that if he does manage to hurt GSP, he jumps in and goes for the finish. I seriously cannot wait for this fight, I've been looking forward to it for weeks. War Hardy!

As for the rest of the card, I'm backing Mir, Pellegrino, Fitch, Miller, Diaz, Brown, Wallace, Palhares and Riddle.

Last edited:

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Too bad Hardy :noway:noway

Really sad, GSP owned him every single round just a pure Mixed Martial Artist unstoppable really. But I have to give it up to Hardy, two times I thought he was a goner or he's arm would have just simply snapped off but Hardy wouldn't tap amazing. No one in the world could have not tapped out but somehow Hardy did I give him a lot of praise for that.

Along with that fight it was a great card really, Carwin KNOCKED OUT Mir...can't wait for Carwin Vs Lesnar its going to be insane. I thought Miller got lucky really the Canadian Guy (forgot his name) did a really good job I thought he got robbed. Pellegrino with a sick submission to end it and Fitch made the fight really boring with his ground and pound but he basically owned the fight. So yea that was UFC 111 can't wait for UFC 112 BJ and Silva have their titles on the line.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Absolutely awesome performance from Georges St-Pierre. I realistically never gave Dan a shot in this fight, and he was frankly out-classed. GSP didn't give him chance to land the big shot, and his takedowns were just unreal. There really was nothing Dan could do, I don't think there's anyone in the world that could handle GSP's grappling ability.

As for Dan, it proved he's not on the level of GSP, but definitely proved he's deserving of being in the top ranked group of fighters. I've never seen anyone show as much heart as that in a fight. I thought it was over in the 1st round, when the armbar was fully extended. But the Kimura was just unreal, I've never seen someone crank a kimura like that, how Dan survived that I don't know.

Have to agree with Georges too, for a first go at a title shot, against a guy as good as GSP, Dan did very well. I don't think anyone can help but respect both guys after that fight. Awesome stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread