Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Will the first post be updated with the values we need to enter? I know they've been posted around but I haven't been keeping up to date much and I feel like they've been tinkered with a lot compared to a few weeks ago so not sure what to be using atm? Cheers.

runner4life

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This threads great and all and would love to try it but at the moment it's like telling someone they could make a million investing in a company and not telling them the company....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This threads great and all and would love to try it but at the moment it's like telling someone they could make a million investing in a company and not telling them the company....
The slider thread has exact values.
This thread tells you the principles of reskilling.

Why don’t you try it out for yourself with some testing?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The slider thread has exact values.
This thread tells you the principles of reskilling.

Why don’t you try it out for yourself with some testing?

Yeah.. you could do that and tailor it to your liking. I will also write it all up but time is short at the moment..

As a test.. lower all skills of the top 6 to level 10 make judgement 2/3 and power 2/3..

then use the pitch sliders set up..

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President

Yeah it would make sense to have his sliders in the first post or a link to the first post. I went through the other thread and this seems to be the only post but I think it's missing stuff like AI Timing, Run Rate, Difficulty etc. Would be good to just have it all in the first post instead of newcomers or interested folks having to sift through pages in another thread.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is even the correct one as it seems to be for Human batting mainly? I did skim through all 20 pages though :p @WealeyH you can send me screenshots of all your settings and I don't mind writing it up if you like.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yeah it would make sense to have his sliders in the first post or a link to the first post. I went through the other thread and this seems to be the only post but I think it's missing stuff like AI Timing, Run Rate, Difficulty etc. Would be good to just have it all in the first post instead of newcomers or interested folks having to sift through pages in another thread.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is even the correct one as it seems to be for Human batting mainly? I did skim through all 20 pages though :p @WealeyH you can send me screenshots of all your settings and I don't mind writing it up if you like.

Im confused.. this is for bowling to the AI.. it says it all in the first post about re skilling teams to ensure a more authentic gameplay.

It’s nothing to do with sliders? Apart from using pitch ones.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

If you're looking for how to reskill players to make them worse and recreate what @WealeyH has done, go here for a guide: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/wealeys-realism-gameplay-tweaks.118343/post-3516201

If you're looking for sliders to then plug in and use with your newly reskilled teams, get the excel slider spreadsheet from the bottom of this 1st post: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3509282

Taking into account your own difficulty preferences with the sliders, of course. The spreadsheet should always be more of a guide than an absolute.

Combine the teams and the sliders and you should get something similar to what @WealeyH has been working on.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
If you're looking for how to reskill players to make them worse and recreate what @WealeyH has done, go here for a guide: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/wealeys-realism-gameplay-tweaks.118343/post-3516201

If you're looking for sliders to then plug in and use with your newly reskilled teams, get the excel slider spreadsheet from the bottom of this 1st post: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3509282

Taking into account your own difficulty preferences with the sliders, of course. The spreadsheet should always be more of a guide than an absolute.

Combine the teams and the sliders and you should get something similar to what @WealeyH has been working on.
Thanks mate…for those interested the re skilling is a rough summary. I have gone further and started to make players more unique:

Sharma for example strongest skill is his pull
Kohli currently I have weak on the drive

Pujara I have defense higher than attack.

But these best work in combination with pitch sliders…

feedback appreciated..
@jwestbury661 had good results!

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
Thanks mate…for those interested the re skilling is a rough summary. I have gone further and started to make players more unique:

feedback appreciated..
Yeh i really think the judgement attribute opens the game up a bit more, batsmen felt too robotic before. I tested power at level 2, i would definitely increase that to 3 or higher as it felt the AI struggled for 4s, except for Rohit who was hitting lofted shots for four with ease. I mentioned before in another thread, i havent followed cricket for a good 10 years and even then i never really understood a whole lot about the mechanics behind it so im trying to catch up. I'll be trying to use data maybe to create attributes for players, once i have a good player pool and sliders, my goal is to create a fantasy franchise test championship and create teams and play out numerous seasons

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

feedback appreciated..
Yeh i really think the judgement attribute opens the game up a bit more, batsmen felt too robotic before. I tested power at level 2, i would definitely increase that to 3 or higher as it felt the AI struggled for 4s, except for Rohit who was hitting lofted shots for four with ease. I mentioned before in another thread, i havent followed cricket for a good 10 years and even then i never really understood a whole lot about the mechanics behind it so im trying to catch up. I'll be trying to use data maybe to create attributes for players, once i have a good player pool and sliders, my goal is to create a fantasy franchise test championship and create teams and play out numerous seasons
I was wondering a few things about this.

Apart from anecdotal knowledge, is there a way to know which players excel in what areas of batting?

Are the current players in the game currently skilled in a way by BA that reflects their real life strengths and weaknesses?

Users who are viewing this thread