Your Cricket What cricket bat do you use?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah that is the bat in those pics, it's quality. I was thinking about getting one but will stick my beaut of a kookaburra :D My kookaburra's really light though, I bought it when I was into timing my shots and all that nonsense but in the past couple of years with all the working out I tend to want to smash everything so a nice 3lb bat would be good :p

How didy find that GM for ?161 KP? I read in Wisden and they said it was the best bat of 09 but was ?345. Tempted if it's that cheap but I really shouldn't.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The ?345 one is the ridiculously good top of the range one, the ?161 price is for the 909 which is the 3rd in the range, but still hand-picked Grade 1 English Willow. Here's a link:

gunn & moore icon dxm 909 cricket bat | cricket equipment | cricket bats | morrant sports

From a decent company as well, alot of the guys in my club use Morrant, they're apparently pretty good. I'm certainly tempted to order the Icon myself, I've got the money, just a matter of deciding if I want to spend ?160 on a bat.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Oh I was gonna say, you should go on bargain hunt if you find stuff that cheap. :p

Still a good price for grade 1 willow. If I was going to spend 350 quid on a bat I'd want it custom made and stuff.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh, and I wouldn't even pay ?350 to get one custom made, if you want one custom made to your exact specifications, then go to Fusion Sports, be much cheaper than ?350, pretty sure you can get the Superbest (or the 2009 equivalent) for about ?180, and you used to be able to specify the weight, shape, where the middle is, all shiz like that, really good company. ?350 is a rip off for any bat. The biggest rip off merchants are Adidas though, ?270 for a bat which won't be much better than the ?160 G&M, just because you're paying for the Pietersen Brand. Even I'm not silly enough to waste that much money, even if KP uses it :p I've been impressed with myself that I've managed to with-hold the Adidas tempation, all I've bought from them is a ?10 thigh guard which KP doesn't even use. Tempted by their gloves though, they're bloody nice, not that I need any, still got a brand new pair of Woodworm Premier's that I've not used yet :p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Front1.jpg

Edge.jpg

New Bat. GM Icon 909 DXM. It really is a beaut. Picks up beautifully, is very well weighted and the grains are fantastic. 10 dead straight grains. So much nicer than my Woodworm. The edges on this new bat are thick as anything.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I have a couple. A Kookuburra Gold Crown. an old model
The other one of mine is a Reebok Striker. In fact I made a replica of it in my BLIC2005 download patches.

Last edited:

slaydya157

School Cricketer
i use a slzenger v8 players it's fairly light good clean pick up and a big sweet spot:D

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, couple weeks back I picked up the charity edition Slazenger V389 Pro for around $500. Pretty light and great for my style of use.

leelanarasimha

School Cricketer
Well i use Kookaburra
usually Ricky Ponting, Mike Hussey, Kumar Sangakarra are using this bat :)

Manly

Thor
Bought a Kookaburra Blitz Kahuna yesterday, so now using my Gray-Nicholls for Indoor, and this one for outdoor.

harrisb

International Coach
i have a gray nicolls predator, an older version with not much of a middle and suited my strength when i was first starting out.

however, i recently brought a brand new Puma Evolution 4000. A lovely middle and still rather light. lots of boundaries already scored with it

Manly

Thor
Just weighed my bat, because I am tired of saying to people "I don't know how heavy it is" when asked. This one is 2lb12oz, and what is now my Indoor bat is 2lb9oz.

Users who are viewing this thread