• Close Bowling

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Far Bowling

Votes: 19 7.0%

• Total voters

Mike 1989

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I stared with far batsmen but got out alot giving an easy catch to mid on..... Im on broadcast cam now.... And working alright. After reading some of your comments i tried close cam but feels kinda strange haha... Im happy with broadcast :)

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I was using Close Batsman view but never lasted long in the middle. I've just had a practice session and a few games using Pro Cam and I really do prefer this view, with broadcast cam for running. The only downside using Pro cam is when you are at the non strikers end. Your head moves from side to side when the batsman is taking his guard and then again when the bowler comes in to bowl. It make you feel quite sick. @Ross It would be good to have a close, far or broadcast view when at the non strikers end please.

Blinder

Banned
With broadcast its annoying you cant see the pitch when the bowler is at the top of their run when using fast bowlers.

The view with medium and spin bowlers in perfect but.

For batting, Pro cam for the win.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I was using Close Batsman view but never lasted long in the middle. I've just had a practice session and a few games using Pro Cam and I really do prefer this view, with broadcast cam for running. The only downside using Pro cam is when you are at the non strikers end. Your head moves from side to side when the batsman is taking his guard and then again when the bowler comes in to bowl. It make you feel quite sick. @Ross It would be good to have a close, far or broadcast view when at the non strikers end please.

I've requested this as well - gives me motion sickness and just totally unnecessary if you ask me. I'm really glad they included a Pro Cam, but it should really be for batting only.

javs52

School Cricketer
Which Batting Cam do you use?

Hi All

I was curious about everyone here as to which batting cam they prefer to use?

I used to use the batsman far cam and then started to use the broadcast cam and found it much better to use in my opinion specially judging pace delivery speeds

Cloda

School Cricketer
Since playing cricket games in the 90's I always wanted a first person perspective camera... as such, I love the Pro Mode camera. It wouldn't have worked if a pitch marker was used, but with the colour/direction system to indicate the ball length/direction it works great. I'm still learning to leave, but that is more a case of the speed of fast balls, than being able to read the line. Fast short balls are hard to determine if they will be too high to drive off the back-foot or pull/cut... in general I rather go for pull/cut than drives if the ball is short (red). With all the other camera's I feel removed from the game even though it feels like I have a lot more time to make shot decisions using e.g. the batsman close camera.

EDIT: Ironically, shortly after this post (or most likely prompted by it) I started experimenting and was amazed with how much more time I had to play my shots using the other batting cameras. In the end I have settled on the Broadcast camera but would ideally want something like Wolfin2010 suggested previously. I still have issues; mostly in choosing what to do with a "good" length ball, detecting changes in pace and timing balls from spin bowlers.

Last edited:

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Close Batsman, with the batsman translucent, for me. It feels more natural than far camera, and with the see-through batsman the legside stuff is less difficult to play.

I tried the pro cam, but got a little motion sick - and a headache from trying to get him to keep his fire-trucking eyes level!

javs52

School Cricketer
i would like a DRONE camera not just for batting but for many things, replay, fielding, etc.

maybe Ross can consider it for the next version of the game

Last edited:

MU11EN

School Cricketer
Bowling and Batting Cameras

Batting - Pro Mode
Reason - Challenging, feels like you are there even though seeing the ball when running is difficult.

Bowling - Broadcast
Reason - Easier to depict LBWs than the others (Especially when you appeal and given not out with a review in hand).

jaraarrow

International Coach
Just played an online test match using the far batsman camera.
Must admit I really enjoyed it and it felt that I was actually taking part in the game.
I also found it easier to time the ball,even though I only made 202 all out.
On a sour note though,I lost 4 wickets to the run out bug,where the bat pops up in mid air at the last minute. :(.I would like this to be rectified if possible.
I also set mu pc up to work on my 42 inch lg.:)bloody awesome.

zombieian

International Coach
I can't see how the far batsman camera can make you feel like you're actually taking part in the game. I would have thought that the Pro camera would be more likely to achieve that.

I thought the run out bug had been cured by patch 2. I've never been bothered by it anyway because I use the right trigger at the end of the run to sprint and run my bat in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

Well, any of the ones from behind the batsman are better than the Broadcast or bowlers end cameras, but I agree with Ian that Pro camera feels much more like taking part in the match. As I mentioned in the general discussion thread though, as a left hander in real life I'm finding it really difficult batting in that view when using a right hander, although even in other views I bat better with left handers.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I personally find myself falling back on Far Batsman, I score far more runs with that setup. Call it too easy if you will, but it's my sweet spot. I've dabbled with Pro cam and I do like it a lot, but I always fall into the behavior I display in real life too. I swing and miss too much in 'first person mode' ! haha :lol

zombieian

International Coach
Well, any of the ones from behind the batsman are better than the Broadcast or bowlers end cameras, but I agree with Ian that Pro camera feels much more like taking part in the match. As I mentioned in the general discussion thread though, as a left hander in real life I'm finding it really difficult batting in that view when using a right hander, although even in other views I bat better with left handers.

Pro camera is very rewarding when you get attuned to it but, as I've mentioned before, I've had to stop using it because when I'm at the non-strikers end the batsman's constant head movement eventually makes me feel nauseous. I hope BA can do something with this issue in the future.

thekobra

School Cricketer
This. I love batting with the Pro cam, but hate how at the non strikers just before taking a start my player gazes around. Also, is there any way I can remove my helmet and grill during a match, something like change headgear option?

Users who are viewing this thread