...yes; but that doesn't make your statement ironic

People misusing "ironically" is a big pet peeve of mine for some reason

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How can we compare the Iphone 4s with the current generation phone ? Is it still good enough to have one ?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just went to samsung s6 edge plus from iphone5. I would say I enjoy my phone a lot now though have been using apple for last 5 years.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
How can we compare the Iphone 4s with the current generation phone ? Is it still good enough to have one ?

I still prefer iPhone 4 and 5 over 6 only because I love compact sized smart/strong phones. If you are a frequent traveller who loves to take pictures in phone, definitely current generation upgrades[6 series] is the way to go. That is one of the reasons I went to edge plus series of samsung. If you just prefer basic smart phone functions & have good space on your old phone, both 4 and 5 should be good choice.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I still prefer iPhone 4 and 5 over 6 only because I love compact sized smart/strong phones. If you are a frequent traveller who loves to take pictures in phone, definitely current generation upgrades[6 series] is the way to go. That is one of the reasons I went to edge plus series of samsung. If you just prefer basic smart phone functions & have good space on your old phone, both 4 and 5 should be good choice.

I am just willing to look, how iOS works and feels.

For all the other hardcore thing, I have Android.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Between simplicity and customization, I would always opt for simplicity. Apple is simple, but their ease of use is so good that people enjoy it. You can get to all the important stuff quickly without being too much of a tech geek. And Apple always have had their fingers on visual aesthetic. Their products, their OS, everything is so beautiful to look at from a visual perspective.

If you are not a tech geek, Android can overwhelm you very easily with all its bells and whistles. And the experience of Android varies greatly if you do not use pure Android (i.e. Android installed on a phone that is supported by Google. E.g. Nexus, Moto X, etc.). Being a tech geek myself, I am very surprised that I am an Apple loyalist and dislike Android for the most part.

Apple will win and will continue to win until they drift away too much from their core strength, which is simplicity.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Being a tech geek myself, I am very surprised that I am an Apple loyalist and dislike Android for the most part.

Apple will win and will continue to win until they drift away too much from their core strength, which is simplicity.

I was exactly an ardent customer of apple(5 years), and it took 2 months for me to press a button to migrate to samsung - I am not regretting it. But I kept my iphone still with me(without exchanging during upgrade) as I really loved iPhone 4/5 versions. I still believe that apple would come up with good/unique features in future upgrades(may be for 7 or 8 versions) which might make me to go back to apple again.;)

I am just willing to look, how iOS works and feels.

For all the other hardcore thing, I have Android.

If you just want to experience iOS & you already have android phone - would recommend for a iPad!! Cost of iPad mini is less than cost of iPhone I believe.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I was exactly an ardent customer of apple(5 years), and it took 2 months for me to press a button to migrate to samsung - I am not regretting it. But I kept my iphone still with me(without exchanging during upgrade) as I really loved iPhone 4/5 versions. I still believe that apple would come up with good/unique features in future upgrades(may be for 7 or 8 versions) which might make me to go back to apple again.;)

If you just want to experience iOS & you already have android phone - would recommend for a iPad!! Cost of iPad mini is less than cost of iPhone I believe.

I moved out from Apple twice (once when I got the Samsung S3 and the second time when I got an LG G2) only to return back pretty fast into Apple. Yes I have not personally owned a Nexus but I have understood that various devices have different experiences for Android. And also due to this major attraction to iOS fluidity, look and feel and the ease of use, I didnt even want to try the Nexus. I just went back to Apple. I recently played around with a Moto X (its pure Android, as Moto X is a Google backed phone) which had Lollipop and it didn't drastically change my opinions at all about Android.

Once an Apple OS fan, always a loyal customer. I have heard the same stories of people who own Macs (Macbook, Mac Pro, etc.). The only thing thats deterring me from jumping onto that bandwagon is that I cant afford a Macbook yet. Once I do, I will get onto it.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
NOTE3_Sexy_1920.jpg

Just got Galaxy Note 3.