Why has there been no definitive answer on unique animations?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's like you people have goldfish memories. There was literally dozens of videos and in-game footage for their prior two releases, including a massive developer-led play session all prior to release.

I hope they do a video promoting their play session on YouTube so I can start a thread doubting that people actually played the game.

subhratanu1994

School Cricketer
So to have an opinion on a game I need to have been a member for how long? A month, a Year, a decade? I've followed these forums for years, just never has any reason to join and post.

In terms of the mo cap: what I mean is that a lot was made of the video, but the marketing for the game has not led with unique animations as a big feature. It has been a bit vague.

To clarify, I do not believe anyone is lying, just being slightly vague. Perhaps my choice of words was poor.

Don't post any negative thoughts about bigant or their games here mate. Don't even dare to criticize their product here. This forum is full of Bigant "supporters". They are more interested in trolling and criticizing others opinions rather than thinking about how the game can be improved. Now I know after reading this post many "supporters' will start trolling me like they do. But before you start doing so let me tell you one something. After reading lots of "positive" feedback on dbc17, I bought the overpriced buggy sh** from steam. Initially when I started playing I thought the bugs would be fixed and there was nothing to worry about. But boy I was so wrong! Only if I had requested a refund from steam within 14 days! It's been nearly a year I think and still the field settings changes automatically, wicket keeper "pushes" the batsman out of his crease and batsman is run out, fielder slides with the ball in his hand inside the boundary line, last over of the innings 21 runs required to win but the AI has "cleverly" put 2 slips and what not. The game is clearly a joke. A joke that bigant is playing with our money and the "supporters" here are worshipping bigant.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Don't post any negative thoughts about bigant or their games here mate. Don't even dare to criticize their product here. This forum is full of Bigant "supporters". They are more interested in trolling and criticizing others opinions rather than thinking about how the game can be improved. Now I know after reading this post many "supporters' will start trolling me like they do. But before you start doing so let me tell you one something. After reading lots of "positive" feedback on dbc17, I bought the overpriced buggy sh** from steam. Initially when I started playing I thought the bugs would be fixed and there was nothing to worry about. But boy I was so wrong! Only if I had requested a refund from steam within 14 days! It's been nearly a year I think and still the field settings changes automatically, wicket keeper "pushes" the batsman out of his crease and batsman is run out, fielder slides with the ball in his hand inside the boundary line, last over of the innings 21 runs required to win but the AI has "cleverly" put 2 slips and what not. The game is clearly a joke. A joke that bigant is playing with our money and the "supporters" here are worshipping bigant.

Plenty of ‘supporters’ have been critical of DBC17. I dare say the sentiment towards DBC17 as a whole ended up being more negative than positive on these forums.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think it's possible to support BA, want the games to improve and be critical where appropriate.

E.g. I am supportive of BA because cricket gaming has evolved more in the last couple of years than in the previous 20. I want the game to improve because things like AI, seam movement, atmosphere can all be better. I'm critical because DBC17 had elements that simply weren't acceptable and I think the Ashes trailer blew.

It's not required to be either 100% positive or negative - just give an honest opinion.

subhratanu1994

School Cricketer
I think it's possible to support BA, want the games to improve and be critical where appropriate.

E.g. I am supportive of BA because cricket gaming has evolved more in the last couple of years than in the previous 20. I want the game to improve because things like AI, seam movement, atmosphere can all be better. I'm critical because DBC17 had elements that simply weren't acceptable and I think the Ashes trailer blew.

It's not required to be either 100% positive or negative - just give an honest opinion.

But honest opinions are often opposed to or the opinion giver ends up being trolled here on this forum.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
But honest opinions are often opposed to or the opinion giver ends up being trolled here on this forum.

Mostly untrue. The loudest negative voices often voiced their concerns in a manner that wasn’t conducive to meaningful back and forth. Those who voiced negative options respectfully certainly didn’t get trolled

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Mostly untrue. The loudest negative voices often voiced their concerns in a manner that wasn’t conducive to meaningful back and forth. Those who voiced negative options respectfully certainly didn’t get trolled
Come to think of it... i really wished i had trolled @blockerdave more.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

i think there's a difference between an opinion like (referencing this thread) "the mo-cap vids are just marketing" (which is contrary to BA statements and also very speculative based on the fact that there is no public footage of people playing the release build including any day one patch), and someone saying "[x feature] isn't good enough". both may indeed be honest opinions, but the former is less likely to get people to engage seriously.

equally, there is a difference between "[x feature] isn't good enough, it would be better if [y solution]" and "[x feature] isn't good enough, ross is a crook, everyone in QA should be fired and anyone who disagrees is a fanboi".

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
also, a lot of this is subjective. without ever thinking it was the game i was hoping for, I still got a lot of fun and hours out of DBC17. so when people posted comments like it was unplayable, of course i was going to push back on that. (that said, i have more sympathy for those who's main focus was career, because the stats issue there was effectively game breaking since stats are a major part of why you play career.)

i don't think there is a single person on the forum - BA employees included - who would argue the DBC17 that released was even close to good enough. But I think you'd have to be pretty blinkered to say it didn't improve from there, even if issues did remain

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Oh Crikey, here we go again! there is nothing wrong with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM.....just because people are called out for bull&&$& trolling being an arse "negativity" you are a BigAnt brown-noser? get real pal

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The moral of the story is if you want to be heard maybe don't come riding in hard making statements like...

I bought the overpriced buggy sh** from steam

...y'know?

I hope BigAnt upload a video showing them uploading the game to steam so I can make a thread doubting that they've even made the game.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The moral of the story is if you want to be heard maybe don't come riding in hard making statements like...

...y'know?

I hope BigAnt upload a video showing them uploading the game to steam so I can make a thread doubting that they've even made the game.
Can you upload a video of you typing a post because I fail to believe you are Biggs but rather Naveencc

Users who are viewing this thread