Why has there been no definitive answer on unique animations?

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't post any negative thoughts about bigant or their games here mate. Don't even dare to criticize their product here. This forum is full of Bigant "supporters". They are more interested in trolling and criticizing others opinions rather than thinking about how the game can be improved. Now I know after reading this post many "supporters' will start trolling me like they do. But before you start doing so let me tell you one something. After reading lots of "positive" feedback on dbc17, I bought the overpriced buggy sh** from steam. Initially when I started playing I thought the bugs would be fixed and there was nothing to worry about. But boy I was so wrong! Only if I had requested a refund from steam within 14 days! It's been nearly a year I think and still the field settings changes automatically, wicket keeper "pushes" the batsman out of his crease andbatsman is run out, fielder slides with the ball in his hand inside the boundary line, last over of the innings 21 runs required to win but the AI has "cleverly" put 2 slips and what not. The game is clearly a joke. A joke that bigant is playing with our money and the "supporters" here are worshipping bigant.
Arent you the guy with very high hopes about Ashes Cricket?

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Can you upload a video of you typing a post because I fail to believe you are Biggs but rather Naveencc
Nah, Biggs is like that since the AC09 Modding days. Blocked from his twitter for some reason...

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
@SibiNaayagam trailer ft. @francobaldo1 mod for DBC 14 was much better. Maybe they should have asked him to edit the trailer like Konami asked Weedens to edit their PES 18 trailer.

Thanks for the thought. I'll anyway do one for Ashes if the camera system is alteast the same as DBC 14 or better. I tried doing it for DBC 17 but the changes in the replay system ended up stopping me from doing anything close to what I did with DBC 14. I had mentioned about this issue in the forums and to Ross, hopefully it was fixed for the upcoming game.
But personally, I think the trailer did well in creating momentum but it probably could have had slightly longer clips at certain points...wasn't too bad though.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

Seems pretty clear to me that only Maxwell and Smith have had there motion captioned. Could be wrong, just what I've inferred from this. Still this BTS video has got me much more excited for this game.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
T

Seems pretty clear to me that only Maxwell and Smith have had there motion captioned. Could be wrong, just what I've inferred from this. Still this BTS video has got me much more excited for this game.
yeah, Nathan Lyon and moeen Ali looked like they had done some motion capture as well.
If not, then they're mannerisms have been recreated really well, so there isn't a need for specific mocap

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That Nathon Lyon appeal at the end though... [HASHTAG]#PerfectlyAnnoying[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

I got that impression too, for batting at least it was only these 2 guys... no idea re bowling/fielding/etc... One classical test style, the other radical T20 style... kind of makes sense.

Every player got their face scanned though as part of the licencing,... maybe even Stokes :P

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got that impression too

Your impression is wrong. There's a video about 3 hops and half a skip up the page that shows off a bunch of new player animations.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I got that impression too, for batting at least it was only these 2 guys... no idea re bowling/fielding/etc... One classical test style, the other radical T20 style... kind of makes sense.

Every player got their face scanned though as part of the licencing,... maybe even Stokes :P

LOLing at Steve Smith having a "classical test style". :lol

thivakar

School Cricketer

Same here, I hope they didn't make Maxwell play signature shots of other cricketers just for fun. I'd be cool to have Mathew Hayden and Jayasuriya's shots in the game. I always wondered if it is hard to bring inan imitator and make him play shots of other cricketers.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Your impression is wrong. There's a video about 3 hops and half a skip up the page that shows off a bunch of new player animations.
Leaving aside the point impressions can't be wrong or right, I've noticed most of your posts are quite abrasive, so I won't take it personally.

I was specifically referring to the video posted "The Art of the Ashes" which shows only MoCap for Smith and Maxwell. New animations don't necessarily mean they were motion captured, or if they were, not necessarily by professional players. Hell they even say at the very beginning the team is talented at animation through coding.

Watched it again, and while I think all/majority of players got their faces scanned, the video implies very carefully, that for batting at least, motion capture was only used on Smith and Maxwell. I'd be surprised if the bowling actions are motion captured by professional players having watched that video.

Users who are viewing this thread