Windows 7 difference in Ashes

onikrulz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, have anyone using Windows 7 experienced any sort of frame rate boost when playing Ashes with Graphics - High and Crowd on, compared to XP? Just curious

jinxjack

School Cricketer
ACTUALLY i have more problems in windows 7 compared to windows vista. In windows vista setting at high, everything was smooth. But in W7 when crowd is on the frame rate slows down. Its wired cos in W7 it should run faster.

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
i am on windows 7 and there is stuttering and frame drop .. everything./..

but on the other way round , i installed on my friends XP , it runs fine , no startup lock .. or anything...

this is just crappy codes.. unoptimized codes...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
i am on windows 7 and there is stuttering and frame drop .. everything./..

but on the other way round , i installed on my friends XP , it runs fine , no startup lock .. or anything...

this is just crappy codes.. unoptimized codes...

Agreed, this needs sorting. On my XP, the game's loading times are non-existent, but the game itself stutters too much. In Win 7, the game runs like a dream, but the loading times are atrocious!

Hi, have anyone using Windows 7 experienced any sort of frame rate boost when playing Ashes with Graphics - High and Crowd on, compared to XP? Just curious

Yeps, me. Win 7 is the only environment where I can get the game to run at a consistent 60fps.

onikrulz

School Cricketer
MasterBlaster76 bro, what was your frame rate in XP for in-game.

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
@ Masterblaster , complete agree with you bro ,

this is simply the unfinished codes all around ..

I think a patch will fix everything. Its sad that they released the game very fast.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
They rushed it. Because,they need to release it when Ashes series is still in progress. No Point in releasing Ashes cricket game after Official series is completed.

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
i would bought it whatever time it is ... all i needed was a cricket game for PS3 , a good game not like this crappy code

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
MasterBlaster76 bro, what was your frame rate in XP for in-game.

30fps average, dropping to 10-12fps in outfield.

They rushed it. Because,they need to release it when Ashes series is still in progress. No Point in releasing Ashes cricket game after Official series is completed.

It's not good enough. The game wasn't even ready for the beginning of the series!

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
i installed win 7 Rc yesterday ,then installed the game,but faced a huge fps drop :doh,then switched to Xp sp 3 again,getting a solid 60 fps ,not a single drop :)

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Its weird cos in W7 it should run faster.
Not really. Benchmarking suggests things should run about the same, unless you take into account the whole 4GB memory limit thing, but there are 32 bit versions of every OS. Also, with Win7 still pre-release a lot of developers have only just recently started officially supporting it.

My guess is that if Win 7 works significantly faster for you, it's probably because you've updated drivers more recently and haven't had time to break all the settings or clutter it up with unnecessary system tray programs.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I have absolutely no idea what is happening here, load times on XP for me have been outrageous for the demo, and have been nearly non existent on 7. I installed on 7, frame rate is solid on both OS's.

r1991

School Cricketer
only the differences is how much the computer is being used before playing game..to improve the gameplay and avoid stuttering download "intelli hyper speed" a freeware that reduces your computer usage by disabling unneccesary things like widgets etc ang makes your PC a gamer PC..

Users who are viewing this thread