5) M Ul-Haq
6) Y Singh
7) S Raina
8) B Lee
9) L Malinga
10) S Ajmal
11) Z Khan

12th man: H Amla / S Al-Hasan

Pretty solid XI. Batting line-up is self-explanatory. Lee, Malinga, Khan, Ajmal make a deadly bowling combination. Add this to the fact that they're supported by Hafeez, Yuvraj and Watson. That's a total of 7 bowling options :eek:

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
just thought i'd explain some of my choices. u akmal instead of the likes of jaya because his an explosive young batsman who has played some absolutely crucial innings in the last year and is a terrific fielder. a lower middle order hitter. jaya is not that type of player. he would have to be somewhere in the top 4 and with players like amla, tendulkar, hafeez etc in my team at the top i don't see where jaya would feature. i think Dhoni is the best captain in the game and has been for a while so his place in the side is for that reason alone, plus he is a VERY good keeper. his batting hasn't been at its best but he is not a one trick poney. steyn is not in my team because in odis he just isn't as good as malinga or gul.

steynrulz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Paul Harris is no good, you can get a better spinner than him

yes ajmal is far better!

----------

Younis Khan....Ha.
Boucher. Not for me. There are better keeper-batsmen in ODi cricket than Boucher.
Harris. That's laughable, considering he's not even in the South Africa ODi team.
Pietersen opening is also wrong, he's not an opening batsman.
Steyn also has a poor ODi record so far.

My team:

McCullum
Hayden
Ponting
Pietersen
Chanderpaul
Hussey
Flintoff
Vettori
Lee
Mendis
Bracken

I think that team could take on anyone. The 2 openers would get the team off to a flyer. Then a middle order of Ponting, Pietersen, Chanderpaul and Hussey is matched by no other. You then have the all-rounder Flintoff with his devestating batting and brilliant bowling. He is followed by the bowlers, Vettori can take wickets on any track with deception and guile. Lee is the out and out paceman, Mendis will spin the ball on anything, and decieve the large majority of batsmen in the world with his "Carrom" ball. Then you have the number 1 ODi bowler in the world, Nathan Bracken. Seems a pretty immense team to me.
where is kp opening in my team???and yk and boucher are real good!

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My best ODI XI of all time would be :-

1. Adam Gilchrist?
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Ricky Ponting*
4. Sir Vivian Richards
5. Jacques Kallis
6. Michael Bevan