World Test Team

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Clarke ahead of Pietersen and Philander ahead of Morkel for me.

I know Clarke is having is glorious period akin to Mohammad Yousuf a couple years ago - but KP i still believe is the better batsman.

I didn't go for Philander for the simple reason that i reckon Steyn/Anderson are best new-ball bowlers in the world right now. If Philander plays he have to be first change, which would curtain his effectiveness a bit.

Morkel, Siddle or even Junaid Khan i reckon would be better 1st change bowlers.

StinkyBoHoon said:
no one going for ab as wicketkeeper or is the thought that he's still a temporary solution for SAF?

Nah he is the full-time solution i reckon. I thought about picking him strongly, but i am just giving Prior the slight edge still because of his form in the last couple of years. But a few more series/tests of consistent batting/keeping performances by De Villiers & he would take it for sure.

Also odd that you guys didn't pick Kallis in a world XI. Surely he is a must.

Cook also is must. Dilshan & Hafeez although they have improved as players have looked vulnerable the many times they have faced quality new-ball bowlers - Hafeez currently is struggling in South Africa.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Swap Morne morkel for James anderson and that's one hell of a team.

Nah, Anderson may be one of the best swingers in the world but he ain't got the same fear factor that Morne Morkel has due to his express pace and very accurate bowling. I reckon Vernon is good enough to fill up for his absence and Steyn of course can swing it at much higher speeds. The skillful but serious pace of Steyn and Morkel, Philander's accuracy and swingers, Kallis's variations and Swann's classical off-breaks will make it the one of the most feared bowling attacks.

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cook
Smith
Amla
Kallis
Chanderpaul
Clarke
AB De Villiers
Philander
Ajmal
Steyn
Siddle

12th man: Anderson

AB de Villiers provides depth with the team batting deep down while Kallis the ALLROUNDER provides balance to the team.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
We've had a great winter of cricket, with England, Indian, South Africa, Pakistan and Australia filling us with surprises, comebacks and stunning victories, coupled with magnificent batting innings and exceptional spells of bowling. My current top Test XI, starting from the end of 2012 to the end of the Pakistan/SA test series is as follows:

G. Smith
A. Cook (C)
H. Amla
K. Pietersen
M. Clarke
AB. de Villiers (WK)
R. Ashwin
V. Philander
S. Ajmal
D. Steyn
M. Starc

12th man: J. Khan